Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Re: The perfect PG for the Mavericks next year is Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    No they aren't his strengths. He's no better defensively than what they have. Lina strentghts are keeping the ball and driving and trying to score. He's just an ok passer and he's an ok shooter. When he gets hot he can score. But he's not a PG in a PG sense. You think he's better than he is defensively but he isn't. He got his ass carved the f*ck up this week. The perfect role for him is to come off the bench and jack up shots. I don't mean that in a bad way. That's what he's best at. He's not a fit for their team. It's not what they need. They need better D at the SF postion and in the backcourt but he's no better than what they have.

Lin's strengths are driving to the basket, setting up his teammates as a playmaker, getting in the paint and kicking out, and most of all ATHLETICISM especially in transition.

Nelson is averaging 7.5 points and 4.3 assists. Lin is doing tremendously better in a much worse position and role on the Lakers where Kobe is the main ball handler and there are no shooters for Lin to pass to.

LIN is the one who allowed Parsons to go for career high numbers last year, and Tyson to be a dominant center during the Linsanity era. The fact that Dirk doesn't NEED the ball to be successful and can play the pick and roll with Lin is a tremendous asset.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

The Mavericks need to play Devin Harris more and there problems are solved.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    The Mavericks need to play Devin Harris more and there problems are solved.
    Are they?

the mavs need athleticism. someone who can run with Parsons and Ellis plus set up Dirk and Tyson.

There's maybe 5-8 PG's who can do it. And only one at a decent salary.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    Are they?

the mavs need athleticism. someone who can run with Parsons and Ellis plus set up Dirk and Tyson.

Devin Harris is more athletic and is a better playmaker/shooter and defender than Lin he's exactly what they need I'm just not sure if they think he's durable enough or not.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Are they?

You're nkt realistic about Lin or his "athleticism". He's average for a guy his size at his position in the NBA. He's not super athletic by any means and he is a poor distributor and he TURNS THE BALL OVER TOO MUCH. The only PGs who have a high TO number and are successful are ones who dish out a ton of dimes. He's not that guy. Why can't you accept that he's a guy who can score 10-14ppg off the bench. He is only effective w the ball in his hands but he's too loose w the ball and not good enough to be a starter. I just don't get it why you're. It being realistic about him.

Lin is kind of an enigma. When he's on, he can be near unstoppable. But when he's not, he can be a negative factor.

I don't see the problems with his defense that others see though. You do realize that NOBODY can guard the PG position by themselves. Not in this stacked league. You rarely see Lin get lost or lose his man and he's a good help defender.

Sometimes he goes under the screen when he shouldn't but that's because he's got guys like Hill and especially Boozer who don't show for shit on the PnR and the guard gets a wide open lane.

I would consider Lin an average to decent defender. Someone had posted stats that showed he holds PGs to under their percentages from various spots in the floor, especially at the basket.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Lin is kind of an enigma. When he's on, he can be near unstoppable. But when he's not, he can be a negative factor.

I don't see the problems with his defense that others see though. You do realize that NOBODY can guard the PG position by themselves. Not in this stacked league. You rarely see Lin get lost or lose his man and he's a good help defender.

Sometimes he goes under the screen when he shouldn't but that's because he's got guys like Hill and especially Boozer who don't show for shit on the PnR and the guard gets a wide open lane.

I would consider Lin an average to decent defender. Someone had posted stats that showed he holds PGs to under their percentages from various spots in the floor, especially at the basket.
    Lin had a bunch of nice games on the Knicks. He's never been near unstoppable. People need to be more realistic about him. He's a great story and he was good for the league at the time but he's come back to earth and he's just a guy. He's not a starter in this league and that's pretty obvious. That doesn't make him a bad player but he's a bench player who's good for 10-14 ppg. Theres nothing wrong with that. People need to accept it.

Lin's strengths are driving to the basket, setting up his teammates as a playmaker, getting in the paint and kicking out, and most of all ATHLETICISM especially in transition.

Nelson is averaging 7.5 points and 4.3 assists. Lin is doing tremendously better in a much worse position and role on the Lakers where Kobe is the main ball handler and there are no shooters for Lin to pass to.

LIN is the one who allowed Parsons to go for career high numbers last year, and Tyson to be a dominant center during the Linsanity era. The fact that Dirk doesn't NEED the ball to be successful and can play the pick and roll with Lin is a tremendous asset.

Damn reading that sh** made my IQ declined like the great depression. How many Lakers game you've seen this yr? Lin can't make plays for sh**

NBA rookie of the year

Lin is just lucky to have milked as much money out of his rockets contract as he has.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Damn reading that sh** made my IQ declined like the great depression. How many Lakers game you've seen this yr? Lin can't make plays for sh**
    All of them.

The system isn't built for Lin's play style.

Up tempo, team first basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Devin Harris is more athletic and is a better playmaker/shooter and defender than Lin he's exactly what they need I'm just not sure if they think he's durable enough or not.
    By athleticism I mean in transition. Lin is a top 5 PG in transition without a doubt.

Now I know why Rockets fan don't like you, OP. You're delusional about Lin and his abilities. I guess you are confusing Lin with CP3.

By athleticism I mean in transition. Lin is a top 5 PG in transition without a doubt.
    He's also without a doubt a top 1 PG when it comes to being the worst starting PG in the league.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Umm....no he isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Now I know why Rockets fan don't like you, OP. You're delusional about Lin and his abilities. I guess you are confusing Lin with CP3.
    Hey man, he's shown already he can improve the abilities of Parsons and Chandler.