Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Cavs officially sign Andrew Wiggins

Why would they want Love?
    He's 2nd biggest loser ever behind melo or even not behind

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Poor guy.

Dude can't even celebrate being the top pick because bran came in and didnt even mention his name in the letter & basically made wiggins look like nothing but an expendable item with enough trade value to help build his super team.

Brans a douche for that. Imagine Kobe going to the cavs in 03
    & demanding they trade for Dirk at all cost including trading Lebron.
    Lol at you for comparing Wiggins to rookie LeBron.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Im sure that if many of these 30 something win teams didnt win the lottery you would feel they should have found a way to lose more. But they got lucky...which is all this is.

They could have won more games and had their logo on the ball that got the Cavs #1 and suddenly....brilliant decisions....

The lottery is luck. Period. Far too early to be calling this and that. Many a #4 or 5 pick has been his drafts best player. Teams win #1 and its Greg Oden....

There is no set way to secure the best players in the draft.

You dont smart and stupid your way into position. you make the best of what luck provides.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Im sure that if many of these 30 something win teams didnt win the lottery you would feel they should have found a way to lose more. But they got lucky...which is all this is.

They could have won more games and had their logo on the ball that got the Cavs #1 and suddenly....brilliant decisions....

The lottery is luck. Period. Far too early to be calling this and that. Many a #4 or 5 pick has been his drafts best player. Teams win #1 and its Greg Oden....

There is no set way to secure the best players in the draft.

You dont smart and stupid your way into position. you make the best of what luck provides.
    It's not just about the lottery.

And again...you make the best decisions you can. Also, do you understand how the lottery actually works? It's not pure luck. Luck plays a role, but it's not pure luck. I'm questioning whether you realize how it actually works.

But that is just noise.

I'm getting at this;

Not moving Afflalo last season was stupid for other reasons. Him with 2 years left is worth far more than 1 year. These things matter. Getting a young player, expiring contract, and a first rounder is a lot better than getting Fournier and the 56th pick. Although your strategy of keeping him long term was even worse. Imagine the Magic locking him into a 4 year 45 million dollar deal or something. LOL...are you really still advocating that?

Do you really dispute that?

Do you really dispute that the Magic would have rather had the 3rd pick than the 4th?

Do you really dispute that last year the Magic should have gotten peak value for Afflalo and tried to get a top 3 pick?

Are you really still arguing your side of this after just being proven wrong?

We are all wrong from time to time. I'm wrong on here plenty...you need to just admit your stance on Afflalo was wrong. Just like I'll admit I'm wrong here if this trade goes down as reported and the Cavs win titles and make the defense somehow work right off the bat.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-24-2014 at 07:58 PM.

In other news Dion Waiters is in even better shape than he was last year...

http://instagram.com/p/q2gXq7t8DH/

Im going to explain this with an unrelated post I made earlier so you know im not pulling this concept out for just this situation....

And if they dont it wont make it bad team building any more than the Spurs losing in 2013 made their way wrong.
    Something not working is not proof that it was a failed concept from the ground up.

Just because 6 or 7 30 win teams win the lottery in 10 years is not proof that awful teams need to go all out to win close games and hope to have the 11th best odds.

Its LUCK.

If AA had a great second half and leads them to 33 wins...while you laughed saying they are idiots.

And they win the lottery...

You are not wrong...

They got...LUCKY.

This isnt a complicated enough concept for me to explain it again. Repeat yourself at your leisure.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    In other news Dion Waiters is in even better shape than he was last year...

http://instagram.com/p/q2gXq7t8DH/
    The guy is a social media junkie...

Im going to explain this with an unrelated post I made earlier so you know im not pulling this concept out for just this situation....

Something not working is not proof that it was a failed concept from the ground up.

Just because 6 or 7 30 win teams win the lottery in 10 years is not proof that awful teams need to go all out to win close games and hope to have the 11th best odds.

Its LUCK.

If AA had a great second half and leads them to 33 wins...while you laughed saying they are idiots.

And they win the lottery...

You are not wrong...

They got...LUCKY.

This isnt a complicated enough concept for me to explain it again. Repeat yourself at your leisure.
    It's not just about the lottery

I'm out

You aren't even reading my posts

You don't get team building and you clearly can't admit when you are proven wrong

The power of potential:

Bowie over Jordan
    Oden over Durant
    Wiggins over Love

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    The guy is a social media junkie...
    A lot of players are.

You thinking a team building concept can be proven wrong in 5 months tells me enough to know we are barely even speaking the same language.

You thinking a team building concept can be proven wrong in 5 months tells me enough to know we are barely even speaking the same language.
    Concept? The concept of coming up with a terrible strategy?

Could you please explain the upside of keeping Afflalo long term and paying him 4 years 44 million after this coming season for the Magic?

Here were the scenarios;

1. Trade him at his peak value last year around December and get back an expiring deal, a young asset, and a first round pick...while allowing the team to lose a few more games and potentially help draft position

2. Wait to trade him in the off-season when his value will be considerably lower...fournier and the 56th pick

3. Keep Afflalo this year and then either pay him at least 10 million a year or let him walk for nothing

You were absolutely against option 1.

So could you please explain to me how options 2 and 3 are better?

By all means...please tell me how Afflalo fits in long term with the team that has Oladipo and Payton...and is rebuilding.

Speaking the same language? Of course we aren't...you still think you were right with Afflalo. So I don't know what is going on here. Either you are too immature to admit you were dead wrong...or you really are so inept in team management that you can't see the obvious fact that how the Magic handled the Afflalo situation was terrible.

I don't know you to be that ignorant...so I'll assume you just can't admit you were wrong.

But...I am totally at a loss that one that knows the game like you could possibly think a long term 10 million dollar plus deal with Afflalo would make sense for this Magic team. Like...really? You think that makes sense?

These are the "details" you say don't matter, but oh...they do. You make mistake after mistake, like the Pelicans have, for example, and they add up. The details matter...it can make all the difference. I'm surprised one would even argue so much against that position...

It's gotten to the point on here that a poster looks at the following;

1. Young asset, expiring contract, and first round pick...less wins for potentially better draft pick
    2. Fournier and 56th pick...added wins for worse draft pick

And they actually are so entrenched in their position...they can't admit that option 1 is way better. It's crazy...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-24-2014 at 11:00 PM.

I've been thinking about it, and I think Clyde Drexler would actually be the best comparison for a prime Wiggins, assuming he hits his potential. Clyde wasn't the best ball handler as well, though he was decent and he was a mediocre 3 points shooter. But he attacked the ring relentlessly and just had an uncanny way of getting to the hoop despite not having the best handles in the world.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    That is if we're over the cap. There is some disagreement on that matter.

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 4m
    Continue to hear, despite Andrew Wiggins' name likely coming up in talks, Cavs have not offered him in any trade proposal.

Holding out hope...
    Amico is a horrible reporter and always has been but unfortunately after grant was fired griff decided to make him the inside reporter. so what he says carries more weight than anyone concerning cavs news. wiggins signed yay! time to trade for a center and put these stupid love rumors to rest. at this point the cavs just walk away.

What is it about love that cavs(GM Lebron)are so desperately trying to trade for him?

Apart from spreading the floor and some rebounding, he adds further problems to the lack of defense this team has.

Cavs do not need his scoring...I just don't see why they would risk their future assets over an guy who provides little improvement on what they have now, particularly from a defensive standpoint.