Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default Re: May God eternally damn Chris Broussard's rebellious sinful soul to Hell

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRings
    Good point. Luckily for him though, his God is a false God and his Buybull a book of fairy tales. He will not be going to Hell but instead will rot in the ground like the rest of us.

There is but one true God. He created the Cosmos, but he is a merciful Godbe and he never created a Heaven or a Hell. Only a prick like Yahweh would do that. Our Godbe is an awesome God.
    Please don't disparage my religion. I will report this post.

Keep it on basketball.

Default Re: May God eternally damn Chris Broussard's rebellious sinful soul to Hell

Quote Originally Posted by keepinitreal

Christians don't live under OT law.

Please, stop attacking my religion if you are completely uneducated on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Christians don't live under OT law.

Please, stop attacking my religion if you are completely uneducated on the subject.
    Luke and the Corinthians are NT. You should educate yourself on your own religion first..

Alot of christians use the bible as an excuse to voice their own detest for something and use reasonings which contradict with their own lifestyles, because they cherrypick the stuff they need for their argument.

If you strictly wanna live by the bible, become an Amish.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Luke and the Corinthians are NT. You should educate yourself on your own religion first..
    Don't be a troll. That picture is mostly Leviticus.

Please don't disparage my religion. I will report this post.

Keep it on basketball.
    Oh look, someone created another "Bible thumping hypocrite" gimmick.

Stern's lap dog

Quote Originally Posted by keepinitreal

I'm a Christian so I'll give an explanation which will help you see that the chart is flawed. The Old Testament laws are separated into the Ceremonial Law and the Moral Law. The Ceremonial Law was meant to be a symbol of the moral purity of the Jewish people. The laws concerning mixed cloth, shellfish and pig skins are ceremonial laws. They were to display to the surrounding nations, such as the Canaanites, that the nation of Israel was a distinct people who followed a distinct God as opposed to the gods of the other nations such as Baal and Molech. These ceremonial laws applied only to the Jewish nation. They are not moral laws and do not apply to humanity at large. The law about shaving beards was valid for Israel because the surrounding nations would shave in certain ways to symbolize their allegiance to the gods they worshiped. For an Israelite to shave in this way was essentially an act of rebellion against the true God. However as shaving in today's society doesn't necessarily symbolize idolatry, this law does not apply.

The law against homosexuality in Leviticus 18 is placed within the Moral Law. In Leviticus 18, Moses was expounding on how the people were to be moral regarding their sexuality. Regarding premarital sex in the above chart, all Christians ought to oppose premarital sex as the Bible clearly prohibits all forms of sex outside of marriage. Regarding divorce, Christians who are faithful to what the Bible teaches will oppose divorce except for in the event that a marital partner dies or commits adultery. Matthew 19 v 1-9 clearly explains the Bible's position on divorce. I oppose homosexuality, divorce and premarital sex, and all Christians who are faithful to the Bible will do so.

People that believe in fairy tales and don't believe in science and PROVEN facts calling other people uneducated

Also love how they interpret the bible basically in any way shape and form they want, bible to them is basically a book full of blank pages ready to be filled with their "interpretations", they even decide what laws apply

Ups i'm wrong, someone decided for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    People that believe in fairy tales and don't believe in science and PROVEN facts calling other p uneducated
    You fail at reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    OP is unintelligent, uninformed and just a moron.
    Chris certainly is..

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    First of all, the idiots (including you) that insult the BIBLE (not the babble, stop being a disrespectful hypocrite) are insulting it because THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT. That is SUBJECTIVE. Keep it to yourself. Other people (including me) try to base their lives off of it as much as possible.

Second of all, your facts are wrong. That passage is NOT about Christmas trees. It's about making false idols. In the NIV it says "they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel". This shows you that it's about idols. They decorated idols with silver and gold. Christmas trees were a tradition of northern Europe, not Judea.

I don't mind debating religion. What I do not tolerate is people who disrespect it and trash it. Go ahead, do what you want. In the end, the more balanced and unbiased minds will prevail.
    Bro, lots of people view religion as a joke, me included...Thats different from spirituality, the belief in a god, etc...I'm talking the INSTITUTION of RELIGION in all its corrupt fashion, right to the top of the Vatican which is proven to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the history of the world...You can't get mad at people for not agreeing with this, its nonsense to a lot of people put in place for control and nothing more...However, I don't go around bashing religious people, I let people do what they want...I just don't get why you're so surprised....The fact that less and less emphasis is being placed on the Bible, and rightly so IMO, should be expected considering its been roughly what 2000+ years since it was written?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Screamingdoom
    I'm a Christian so I'll give an explanation which will help you see that the chart is flawed. The Old Testament laws are separated into the Ceremonial Law and the Moral Law. The Ceremonial Law was meant to be a symbol of the moral purity of the Jewish people. The laws concerning mixed cloth, shellfish and pig skins are ceremonial laws. They were to display to the surrounding nations, such as the Canaanites, that the nation of Israel was a distinct people who followed a distinct God as opposed to the gods of the other nations such as Baal and Molech. These ceremonial laws applied only to the Jewish nation. They are not moral laws and do not apply to humanity at large. The law about shaving beards was valid for Israel because the surrounding nations would shave in certain ways to symbolize their allegiance to the gods they worshiped. For an Israelite to shave in this way was essentially an act of rebellion against the true God. However as shaving in today's society doesn't necessarily symbolize idolatry, this law does not apply.

The law against homosexuality in Leviticus 18 is placed within the Moral Law. In Leviticus 18, Moses was expounding on how the people were to be moral regarding their sexuality. Regarding premarital sex in the above chart, all Christians ought to oppose premarital sex as the Bible clearly prohibits all forms of sex outside of marriage. Regarding divorce, Christians who are faithful to what the Bible teaches will oppose divorce except for in the event that a marital partner dies or commits adultery. Matthew 19 v 1-9 clearly explains the Bible's position on divorce. I oppose homosexuality, divorce and premarital sex, and all Christians who are faithful to the Bible will do so.
    Even though the bible barely utters a word about homosexuality?
    That is something that the church perpetrates and now its been passed down through the generations to the point that people actually believe God hates homosexuals...

Stern's lap dog

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    That is something that the church perpetrates and now its been passed down through the generations to the point that people actually believe God hates homosexuals...
    The Bible is clear in it's position on homosexuality. Genesis Chpt 2 lays the groundwork for the Bible's opposition to homosexuality. It is in Genesis Ch 2 that the Bible teaches that God created men and women to complement each other sexually, emotionally and spiritually and that this is the created order.

In Genesis Ch 19 God destroys the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for their pride and arrogance, refusal to care for the poor and needy and their homosexuality. Leviticus Ch 18 states that homosexuality along with incest, adultery and bestiality are evil because they are against the created order stated in Genesis 2.

Jesus states in Matthew 19 that men and women alone were created to come together sexually, reaffirming Genesis 2. Romans 1 states that homosexuality is again a distortion of the created order and is evil. 1 Corinthians Ch 6 lists many evil things and includes homosexuality. 1 Timothy Ch1 also states that homosexuality is evil.

The Church is stating something that has always been clear in the Bible. Homosexuality is evil. However it is not unforgivable and it's not worse than any other evil such as theft, adultery, lying, hatred of another human being, cruelty and many others. The message of Christianity is that we have all done evil against our Creator God, but God loved us and sent us his Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for our sins on our behalf. Whoever, turns away from evil and places trust in Jesus to save him will have eternal life and will know the eternal love of God. The offer of Jesus is open to all people, including homosexuals. But if anyone refuses God's Son, then they will be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    1) The Bible talks about homosexuality many times, and is condemning of it. Man was made to be with woman. The anus is not meant for constant sexual penetration, as this is a significant health hazard that any modern doctor will tell you. Go look up all the serious types of anus fissures and injuries, and stuff like fecal seepage which happens to homosexuals who engage in anus sex as a substitute for female sex.

2) Christians were taught to never hurt another human, as we were told to love -everyone-, including our enemies, those who hate us, and persecute us. Christians are NOT supposed to judge others. Jesus himself, while defending a prostitute, told us, "He who is without sin cast the first stone".... Christians are to be loving to everyone on this planet, and leave Judgement to the Most High God.

So, just because I don't agree with Jason Collins' lifestyle, and I think it is wrong exactly like Chris Brousssard does, I would never cause harm to him.

In fact, I don't even know why this is news. Nobody is preventing him from playing ball.

Inb4 you point to some people like the Westboro church, as if that means anything. Don't blame my religion/God for outcasts who don't follow the teachings. If Pres Obama tomorrow declared that he will imprison anyone who says 1 bad thing about him, and that "this is the american way!" does it make it true? Does it mean the Constitution supports those actions?

Stop attacking my religion, thanks.
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 05-01-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamingdoom
    homosexuality. It is in Genesis Ch 2 that the Bible teaches that God created men and women to complement each other sexually, emotionally and spiritually and that this is the created order.
    Have you ever heard of a thing called dinosaurs? Adam and Eve

Screamingdoom what's you opinion about Scientology and the fable they believe?

1) The Bible talks about homosexuality many times, and is condemning of it. Man was made to be with woman. The anus is not meant for constant sexual penetration, as this is a significant health hazard that any modern doctor will tell you. Go look up all the serious types of anus fissures and injuries, and stuff like fecal seepage which happens to homosexuals who engage in anus sex as a substitute for female sex.

2) Christians were taught to never hurt another human, as we were told to love -everyone-, including our enemies, those who hate us, and persecute us. Christians are NOT supposed to judge others. Jesus himself, while defending a prostitute, told us, "He who is without sin cast the first stone".... Christians are to be loving to everyone on this planet, and leave Judgement to the Most High God.

So, just because I don't agree with Jason Collins' lifestyle, and I think it is wrong exactly like Chris Brousssard does, I would never cause harm to him.

In fact, I don't even know why this is news. Nobody is preventing him from playing ball.

Inb4 you point to some people like the Westboro church, as if that means anything. Don't blame my religion/God for outcasts who don't follow the teachings. If Pres Obama tomorrow declared that he will imprison anyone who says 1 bad thing about him, and that "this is the american way!" does it make it true? Does it mean the Constitution supports those actions?

Stop attacking my religion, thanks.
    That's not the Christian way, that's YOUR way. I could have a conversation with 10 of my Christian friends and they'll all give a different response as to what their Christian faith teaches them and how they should be living their life. Your doing what all Christians do. You simply cherry pick shit from the bible and make it "your religion" while leaving lots of the other corny shit that's contained within it, out. The bible also says Noah made a boat with 2 of every species on it which genetically, archaeologically, and geologically has been proven to have NEVER HAPPENED. The bible is full of nonsense, misinformation, lies and outdated views on how a society should be living. It's a terrible book to learn about morals because of things like slavery and hatred towards homosexuality etc and it's a book NOBODY should go to for actual information about how the world/universe works.