Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: How good are Magic now after trading for Turkoglu, Gilbert Arenas, J.Richardson, etc?

Jeff Foster of the Pacers and Ryan Hollins of the Cavs may be available if they're looking for a legit backup C

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

Default Re: How good are Magic now after trading for Turkoglu, Gilbert Arenas, J.Richardson, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Jeff Foster of the Pacers and Ryan Hollins of the Cavs may be available if they're looking for a legit backup C
    Both of those players would be great fits in Orlando ... though I thought Foster messed up his back or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Is this the same Arenas who can't score 20 a night on 15 shots? Come on, he'll get about 10 shots a night if the Magic know what's good for them.
    Playing off the ball.

I could say the same thing about Ray Allen not being able to get 20 points if someone isn't setting him up for a bunch of 3's. Or KG only being able to score when he's set up (he's assisted on 88% of his buckets).

The point is, he is capable of doing so. As are they.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    If you say it enough it might become true. Last time Lebron faced the Spurs in the playoffs he got shut down and embarrassed.
    are you ****ing kidding me? is this guy serious? can someone post the rosters of Spurs and Cavs in that series so this moron can shut up?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I don't see how this will work. Defensively, all these guys give up the dribble drive way too easily.

Offensively, Turkoglu is only a matchup problem when paired with another 69'" forward who can handle and shoot the ball. Outside of that your looking at a not as impressive Keith Van Horn. Jason Richardson does nothing but stand around waiting to shoot threes. Gilbert Arenas has not complained about his new role but he struggled to be effective without the ball all year.

I think this will end up blowing up in their face.

NBA lottery pick

Richardson was feeding off Nash and will be exposed in Orlando. Turk is so washed up it's sad and losing Gortat will expose the Magic if Dwight gets into early foul trouble.Arenas is one who could go off if he stays healthy, but thats a big if at the moment.

Tough start for Arenas.

I really don't like their depth especially in the front court but they have upgraded their talent level. SVG has a lot of work to do to get guys in the proper roles going forward. Arenas/Nelson/J rich will get the bulk of the guard mins so it will be interesting to see how Redick/Duhon and Q adjust to lesser roles. I got to think that Ottis has more up his sleeve though. I would probably look to trade Nelson for a SF/Back up Big to balance the roster while moving
    Hedo to the bench

Arenas/Duhon
    J-Rich/JJ/Q
    NEW SF maybe someone along the lines of a Wallace/Hedo
    Bass/Anderson/Clark
    Howard/Nasty Naz or Kwame????

i have watched a lot of Wizards games this year and Arenas has been pretty bad. He makes a lot of horrible passes , turning it over and leading to easy fast breaks for the other team. His shot has been off but he keeps chucking and of course plays no D.

the Wizards would have beaten the Heat in their first game without him if they didn't choke and just had their first blowout win of the season last night.

I usually hit open layups gutshot's Avatar

Magic need a big man asap. If you ask me trade Nelson or Redick for Varejao.

Very good NBA starter

I think the worst that can happen is the team goes from a jump-shooting team with decent role players, to a jump-shooting team with high end role-players.

11 of the Magic' 17 three's attempted last night... came from Arenas, J-Rich, and Turk. Regardless of the makes (that will fluctuate, improve, even out, etc), the guys Orlando traded for are all shooters.

Arenas turns 30 in January and at this stage probably doesn't want to get too dirty in the paint, get to the FT line persistently, slash more than shoot, etc. (Not to mention his contract takes up like 30% of the salary which sucks in itself). Jason Richardson has the best chance to be the penetrating swing man the Magic could use, but for a great dunker alot of his game is based on his long range shooting (80% of his scoring is from jump shots). If you keep him off the three-point line, I think it helps beat his team, yet you know he's going to be gunning alot on that team. Turk just strikes me as a lazy player in general, the kind of guy who'll get his check and then stop giving it his all. Remember how quickly he put himself up for bid after his solid playoff run with ORL? It's all about the personal glory for him IMO. Losing Gortat hurts too. With Howard they rank like mid-20's in shot blocking, and outside of Howard they block a mere 2.1 shots per game. Is this team planning on playing small much of the time (like we've seen before)?

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I don't see how this will work. Defensively, all these guys give up the dribble drive way too easily.

Offensively, Turkoglu is only a matchup problem when paired with another 69'" forward who can handle and shoot the ball. Outside of that your looking at a not as impressive Keith Van Horn. Jason Richardson does nothing but stand around waiting to shoot threes. Gilbert Arenas has not complained about his new role but he struggled to be effective without the ball all year.

I think this will end up blowing up in their face.
    You are that down on Jason Richardson? I thought he was the key to this deal. He's a good good player; I've certainly seen him take and create pretty efficient shots driving to the basket over the years. Can't say I watched too many Suns games this year, but I was at the Mavs/Suns the other day, and J. Rich looked like he hadn't lost that much athleticism ... and he still has a really good handle.

Having Jrich and Turkoglu in your team is gonna help, but Arenas? Man hes a cancer...

NBA lottery pick

Richardson was made in steve nash. He is being exposed now. He was getting ton of open looks because nash was getting him the ball in all the right places.