Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Default Re: KG vs The Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    How though, both career chokers until the got with a clutch playoff star.
    duncan and pierce
    Your forgetting about RAY ALLEN

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    However you rank them, I think they're pretty close to one another. I have them at the lower end of the top 20 GOAT list.

Scoring- Robinson
    Rebounding- wash
    Passing-Garnett
    Defense- arguable either way, Garnett's tenacity and versatility against Admiral's shotblocking

I don't think there's 'major' edges in any category. Career-wise, I think Robinson's legacy took a hit from being abused by Hakeem in 95( I also believe that entire 95 run significantly boosted Hakeem's legacy). I think their careers are comparable in terms of accolades, Robinson has one more ring but he was a roleplayer in 03, and a complimentary star to Duncan in 99. Garnett was the best overall player on that 08 Celtics squad, the anchor if you will. I do think that we were robbed of seeing better things from Garnett due to the mediocrity of his Twolves rosters during most of his prime.
    Yep this is pretty much my sentiments too on the comparison, that's why it's tough for me to rank them.

5-time NBA All-Star

However you rank them, I think they're pretty close to one another. I have them at the lower end of the top 20 GOAT list.

Scoring- Robinson
    Rebounding- wash
    Passing-Garnett
    Defense- arguable either way, Garnett's tenacity and versatility against Admiral's shotblocking

I don't think there's 'major' edges in any category. Career-wise, I think Robinson's legacy took a hit from being abused by Hakeem in 95( I also believe that entire 95 run significantly boosted Hakeem's legacy). I think their careers are comparable in terms of accolades, Robinson has one more ring but he was a roleplayer in 03, and a complimentary star to Duncan in 99. Garnett was the best overall player on that 08 Celtics squad, the anchor if you will. I do think that we were robbed of seeing better things from Garnett due to the mediocrity of his Twolves rosters during most of his prime.
    I wonder if I recall correctly, but didn't Dennis Rodman suggest he was soft as a teammate. Power forwards used to go at the Admiral pretty hard - Barkley and Malone were notorious for testing him. I think Malone once said something like Rodman. Not that this should mean much in evaluating Drob as all three are pretty nutty and not great judges of character. D Rob was an exceptional player and I have him ranked very highly. I think he, Ewing and Hakeem spent most of their careers on similar planes of equal play. Hakeem just had more breakout seasons.

Scoring- Robinson
    Rebounding- wash
    Passing-Garnett

Amen brother.

When someone mentions David Robinson, generally the first thought that comes to mind is that of the '95 WCF's, when he was just destroyed by Hakeem. ONE series (and really only four games out of the six) basically sealed his legacy.

KG