Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: I never thought I would see Okafor own Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    And?

Miami is struggling with the likes of Okafor, how the hell are they going to deal with Gasol, Odom, and Bynum when he comes back. Also add that LA has a bench, and their three point shooting seems to have improved.

It is clear to anyone who is objective that LA is the best team in the NBA at the moment.

It is like some of you guys forget they are the defending champions, and have only improved their roster.
    And what?

you still didn't tell me how many contenders have the Lakers played yet?

I know what the Lakers are all about but I want to see this Lakers team face a contender and not garbage teams every other night.....and as soon as the Lakers blow out a garbage team people are ready to praise the Lakers as if the Lakers where really gonna lose.

Personally I'm in Riley's place would trade Bosh for All-star level defensive PF/C who can rebound. If replacement isnt an all-star caliber, would do too - just would get more depth in the process.

I dont see Bosh helping Heat to win it all, yes he could adjust better to the team and be more productive, but he just isnt the right fit from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    And what?

I know what the Lakers are all about but I want to see this Lakers team face a contender and not garbage teams every other night.....and as soon as the Lakers blow out a garbage team people are ready to praise the Lakers as if the Lakers where really gonna lose.
    People praise the Lakers for how they play not because of who they played.

Lakers are given credit due to the how the bench has performed which didn't happen last year even against these teams. As most know Lakers don't need to prove anything anymore to show how good they are.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Hey, I think Bosh is overrated, but are you guys forgetting that Bosh hit a shot that put them only down by one (and 3 after 2 made free throws, thus still giving them a chance in the game.)

That was a huge shot... I never would have expected it. Can't say anything about Bosh after that shot. It was up to Wade or Bron to make the last shot and send it into OT, but they didn't step up they deferred to Eddie House who wasn't hitting anything up until that point.

-Smak
    if we are focusing on one sequence and not talking about the broad issues....i totally agree. although i don't have any problem with last play or how lebron/wade played down the stretch. wade's turnover was obviously bad...but both lebron and wade started taking over late.

we are discussing the board problems with this team. and its pg play and front line play. they can hide the bad pg play....but the front line play is beyond pathetic. okafor had 26 and 13 tonight. he took only 13 shots. the hornets dominated the paint all night long. west/okafor is very good...don't get me wrong, but its not close to what the other eilite teams have. just look at the mavs.....dirk/chandler/haywood would destroy the current heat front line. the celtics and lakers would dismantle this.

we are talking about this team in terms of winning the title. and the fact remains that bosh is simply not going to provide what they need to win. i'm not saying bosh isn't good. he is very good. but he's not good at what the heat need....and his is over-rated...simply because you can't win with him as a main option...that much is painfully obvious.

so paying him near max money is a terrible return on investment.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    And what?

Why does that even matter, the Lakers are the 2-time defending champions. We already know they can beat the contenders, they have nothing to prove already.

The scary thing is the team is even better this year then it was in 2009 and 2010.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    People praise the Lakers for how they play not because of who they played.

Lakers are given credit due to the how the bench has performed which didn't happen last year even against these teams. As most know Lakers don't need to prove anything anymore to show how good they are.
    right. all you have to do is watch the lakers play and you realize they are amazing. they have a perfect team really. no weaknesses at all now. blake and barnes are huge for them. when/if bynum comes back they are nearly unbeatable.

this is the best team we have seen in over a decade in my opinion. people will realize this too late come playoff time.

oh and the lakers could win 70 this year if they wanted to. not sure if they do. but they might try for it if they start off super hot like 25-2 or something.

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    They need a PF/C who can post up and bang.
    This and only this. The Heat doesn't need any more tall SG, which Bosh is.

Bron is going to have to learn how to play inside, crash the boards, and let Wade handle the ball. Hes like 260 pounds so get off the top of the three point line. Bosh is scared of contact and big games so he isn't going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    right. all you have to do is watch the lakers play and you realize they are amazing. they have a perfect team really. no weaknesses at all now. blake and barnes are huge for them. when/if bynum comes back they are nearly unbeatable.

this is the best team we have seen in over a decade in my opinion. people will realize this too late come playoff time.

oh and the lakers could win 70 this year if they wanted to. not sure if they do. but they might try for it if they start off super hot like 25-2 or something.

They have the talent, but it ain't happening IMO. They are just not wired for that kind of focus, they will pace themselves and take a few games off.

Banned

Perkins would fit in perfectly for this Heat team.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Perkins would fit in perfectly for this Heat team.
    Perkins would be great for any team, the guy is really underrated.

They have the talent, but it ain't happening IMO. They are just not wired for that kind of focus, they will pace themselves and take a few games off.
    I think it's clear from Phil he wants HCA throughout so they will try hard to get it but 70? nah, nobody is touching that.

yeah bosh is looking really bad right now, i dont wanna be to hasty because it is a long season but if he continues to play soft and sub par then they are gonna have trouble making it out of the east. I Also think that lebron might have to get in the post a little more also to compensate for the lack of scoring and defense down there.

Local High School Star

im surprised how terrible Bosh has been .. he just looks slow, soft .. in bad position to rebound.

Joel has been terrible defensively this season.

i think theyll both turn it around.

Good High School Starter

The Lakers don't look like that's their plan this year. It's different. I don't recall seeing them looking this hungry and effective this early in the season in many years. Barring injuries I just don't see them not being the best team all season long. Well, injuries or trades maybe.