Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Default What kind of rec player are you?

I'm about 5'10" with great quickness, and slightly above average speed. I can dribble with both hands, and get into the lane but i'm a poor finisher at the rim. I think it's due to my lack of elevation. I'm pretty good in one on one play (twenty ones and thirty twos), but when playing on teams no one ever passes me the ball ( i don't demand it either) and i get lost in the shuffle.

I take pride in being a good rebounder and defender. If the other team is going to score, the guy i'm guarding won't be the one putting the ball in the basket and if he does he's going to work for it. My strong point is shooting stand still or off the dribble. If i could pick an NBA player whose game kind of resembles mine, offensively i would say Gary Neal.

Default Re: What kind of rec player are you?

Kids at the playground dunk on me

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Kobe

Local High School Star

6 8 250

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Someone along the lines of shorter nic batum. Athletic guy with good stroke, passing, defense, fundamentals but bad handles.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Klay Thompson

Good length, great catch and shoot shooter. Below average foot speed and quickness. I'm 5'10" but where I play I'm Klay size on the court lol. Solid but under-utilised in other aspects of the game such as rebounding, passing, defense.

Nowadays something like Pau-lite. I keep it simple and work in the flow of the offense, mostly scoring on low post moves (3 basic moves: fadeaway to the baseline, hook to the middle, and up and under as counter) and high post jumpers, but also like to share the ball and make sure to do the little things. I use my length for defense and rebounding with the occasional putback. Unlike Pau however I'll pop to the 3 point line and either shoot it or put the ball on the floor, especially when I'm put against a tough but slow opponent. I don't so much dominate as contribute efficiently to winning the game. No longer mind the guards chucking or running their mouths - can't stop it so I'll just do my part, get my 16, 8 and 4 and 2 + the win. I don't talk enough, but on the positive side I never complain or let things get to me. That's if I'm with decent players of course. If my teammates just suck I'll pass them the ball a few times just so I don't get accused of chucking, but make sure to score whenever it matters - that's probably what they want too anyway.

NBA Superstar

I'm an attacker and I believe my strong point is getting to the rim and finishing strong. I enjoy pushing tempo and running. Otherwise I'm a pretty standard rec. guy. 6'3'', I enjoy shooting, my defense is touch & go, etc.

Homeless man's tony parker

Rich man's Samaki Walker, but 6 inches shorter.

shit handles when under pressure, streaky shooter, blowing easy layups quite often, lazy defender, lock down defender if money were at stake, good vision and passing and i waste all my energy for blocks like this

( usually push them with my other hand but who cares, fool got blocked )

I'm 6'2, 200 lbs. I play in the low post and my pet move is my MJ turnaround fadeaway. I LOVE to box out for rebounds and sometimes people I box out think I'm playing dirty because they're not used to anyone boxing out.

I dunk on 8 foot goals, try to hang on the rim only to have my momentum go forward and faceplant.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    I'm 6'2, 200 lbs. I play in the low post and my pet move is my MJ turnaround fadeaway. I LOVE to box out for rebounds and sometimes people I box out think I'm playing dirty because they're not used to anyone boxing out.
    I don't think anyone thinks you're playing dirty because of boxing out, they're just not used to people boxing out and get angry because of it. Happens all the time.

the kind that posts in the correct forum