Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Stephen Curry stronger than Michael Jordan? (Curry 400+ pound deadlift confirmed)

For people who lift constantly, let alone an NBA athlete, a 400 pound deadlift isn't THAT impressive.

Default Re: Stephen Curry stronger than Michael Jordan? (Curry 400+ pound deadlift confirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    To be fair to other Curry stans, warriorfan has never even once made a quality post.
    This was quality:
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=379867

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Anyone who Can pull 8 plates is pretty damn strong. Yes that's impressive, or I guess it's relative depending who are you comparing that to?
    Anyone. Doesn't matter who you're comparing too. Less than 1% of the worlds population would be able to pull 400lbs.

A bunch of guys in here who have no concept of athletic performance, but simply pick up weights and put them down feel as if it isn't impressive because they can get close to it or do more.

Dude is literally pulling two of himself off the floor, and it somehow isn't impressive.

We went over this before with some of the other people in the thread last time, and it was funny how both myself and GIF were some of the few who found it impressive, despite both having recorded 550lbs deadlifts ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    roy hibbert 540 for reps

http://www.stack.com/video/186073814...0-lbs-deadlift

i doubt he would be able to do 405 for 3 conventional
    So you don't even really know what a deadlift is...
    And yet you're claiming something like 100lbs difference based on the type of bar you use.

Yeah... Steph Curry probably doesn't do it that way. When you're 7'3 like Hibbert, I can see why he sticks to rack pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    You just made my point

I've pulled 550 for a double conventional with a deadlift bar

I've done 500 for reps deficit

Go into a gym

Inspect the population of the world

400 pound deadlifts aren't abundant

not ipf approved brah.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Anyone. Doesn't matter who you're comparing too. Less than 1% of the worlds population would be able to pull 400lbs.

A bunch of guys in here who have no concept of athletic performance, but simply pick up weights and put them down feel as if it isn't impressive because they can get close to it or do more.

Dude is literally pulling two of himself off the floor, and it somehow isn't impressive.

We went over this before with some of the other people in the thread last time, and it was funny how both myself and GIF were some of the few who found it impressive, despite both having recorded 550lbs deadlifts ourselves.
    You know less than one percent of the population isn't a good qualifier. Imagine if we used that metric to pretend like other things are impressive.

You comparing him to a bums at planet fitness is the real issue. If the object is to be more impressive than them then someone should start a thread about 99% of NBA and NFL players.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

So you don't even really know what a deadlift is...
    And yet you're claiming something like 100lbs difference based on the type of bar you use.

Yeah... Steph Curry probably doesn't do it that way. When you're 7'3 like Hibbert, I can see why he sticks to rack pulls.
    stack calls those deadlifts, the same can be said about whoever wrote steph's article

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    not ipf approved brah.
    jesse norris natty tho

jesse norris natty tho
    that's like saying all the olympic medalist are saints.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    You know less than one percent of the population isn't a good qualifier. Imagine if we used that metric to pretend like other things are impressive.

You comparing him to a bums at planet fitness is the real issue. If the object is to be more impressive than them then someone should start a thread about 99% of NBA and NFL players.
    No you're missing the point

Impressive implies a level of comparison

The comparison is being made by criticisms in this thread. Guys are saying that the deadlift by Curry is not impressive, because "I deadlift this much"

The comparison is to the general population because none of you scrubs are pro athletes

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    stack calls those deadlifts, the same can be said about whoever wrote steph's article
    Sound logic. We can all start calling board taps as dunks now because some guy at Rucker Park said so.

No you're missing the point

Impressive implies a level of comparison

The comparison is being made by criticisms in this thread. Guys are saying that the deadlift by Curry is not impressive, because "I deadlift this much"

The comparison is to the general population because none of you scrubs are pro athletes
    Why would the relevant conparison of a pro athlete be to a guys aren't pro athletes?

I don't compare my professional skills to people in different professions and pretend that makes them impressive.

Banned

Why would the relevant conparison of a pro athlete be to a guys aren't pro athletes?

I don't compare my professional skills to people in different professions and pretend that makes them impressive.
    You once again miss the point and shift the goal posts

How many NBA point guards deadlifts do you know? Not many.

Then you will go on to say..."But I deadlift this much and I played ball so Curry's deadlift is not impressive"

Stop moving goal posts and assuming things because of your own personal experience deadlifting

Agree. 99% of the people there are only there for the free pizza on Tuesdays

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

I agree. I do legit work with like 5 people who can deadlift 405+lbs though...plus the handful of people I've seen at my gym who can pull 10+ plates. These guys are straight up elite class from the rest of us. Pulling 400lb isn't some everyday feat. Lol at ish is full of powerhouse gym rats....fcuk noooo lol

I was just saying relative to the perhaps div 1 football players I used to "workout" with who were close to pulling 600lbs, sure it's not as impressive. That's all I meant by it.