Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The Official All-Time Chicago Bulls Roster

Quote Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
    One thing that I am surprised that no one has mentioned yet is that the Bulls are currently in possesion of two all-time great PG's! Even if you are not fully a believer in both, you have to admit that having Rose/Capt Kirk at the same time is freaking amazing.

For me personally, I am tired of hearing about trading Kirk. Look...if the Raptors want Kirk, Tyrus, and a draft pick for Bosh I would do it. If there is something else that good I would do that too. However, anything less than Kirk plus filler for a dominant big and I am hanging up the phone on your sorry azz.
    Both are great assets, good point about being careful on trading Kirk just like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
    Scottie and MJ made each other better by going at each other so hard in practice each day. Kirk and Derrick will do the same for each other and the team we luv. We already saw the improvement in Derrick's defense towards the end of the season, and Kirk became even better at running the offense as soon as he came back from his injury.

Don't whine to me about how having this player for that amount of money is too weird...when you are trying to win an NBA championship sometimes you need to think outside the box. Take advantage of this advantage for Gawd's sake already people.

Derrick and Kirk are going to crush NBA point guards this season! Come on people, nobody else can hit the point guard position that hard. lol. Two awesome PG's that don't have ego issues getting in the way of working together, two guys that just luv their team and want to win? Oh yeah, let's break that up for peanuts.

The way I see it is something like the Lakers have the SF position covered better than anybody with Artest and Odem. The Magic have the center position covered perfectly with no less than the 2nd best C and the perfect back-up in Gortat. The Bulls have the PG position on lock-down and don't look now but the Bulls will be putting some serious pressure on teams with Deng and J Johnson at the 3 spot.

In my mind, Kirk is the ultimate teamate. A great complimentary player that great teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Cavs would LOVE to have. Put him aside with Kobe or James, they will play great together, he is also a great utility guy, whatever you need him to do, most likely he'll do it, esp when he guarded Pierce in the last playoffs. On the other hand, Derrick Rose is on track to be a great pt guard who can carry a team. The guy is that good already.

WHhy is Hinrich starting over Van Lier??

Its a ****in joke to not have Rose starting at PG.

"he's only played 1 year..." blah blah blah.

Derrick Rose is w/out a doubt already the best PG the Bulls have ever had, and probably ever will.

Starting lineup

PG Derrick Rose
    SG Michael Jordan
    SF Scottie Pippen
    PF Dennis Rodman
    C Artis Gilmore

I don't care how many seasons Rodman was on the Bulls for. If you have the offensive output of Rose, MJ, and Pippen, do you really need Horace Grant's offense? No you need Rodman's defense and rebounding. Im sure our PG,SG,SF trio could put up 70-80 a night anyway.

Throw a bench of
    Horace Grant
    Bill Cartwright
    Tyson Chandler
    Luc Longley
    Steve Kerr (3pt % NBA leader all time)
    Kirk Hinrich
    Ben Gordon
    Ron Harper

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9

Derrick Rose is w/out a doubt already the best PG the Bulls have ever had, and probably ever will.

Starting lineup

PG Derrick Rose
    SG Michael Jordan
    SF Scottie Pippen
    PF Dennis Rodman
    C Artis Gilmore

I don't care how many seasons Rodman was on the Bulls for. If you have the offensive output of Rose, MJ, and Pippen, do you really need Horace Grant's offense? No you need Rodman's defense and rebounding. Im sure our PG,SG,SF trio could put up 70-80 a night anyway.

Throw a bench of
    Horace Grant
    Bill Cartwright
    Tyson Chandler
    Luc Longley
    Kirk Hinrich
    Ben Gordon
    Ron Harper
    Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion, but the reason (I assume) that most of us had Rose not starting wasn't only being on the team for a year, but rather the perceived lack of on-court chemistry with Jordan and Pippen.

Also, a lot of people are leaving Brand off their teams... just saying

If you look at Rose's rookie stats, it's really amazing esp his FG%.
    17 pts, 6.3 assist and 47.5%.
    Kobe in his entire 13 yr career never hit 47%!
    If you look at the current superstar pt guards.
    it took Nash 5 years to finally register decent numbers of 15.6 pts 48.7% and 7.3 assists, in other words, he sat, observe, learn the system, study opponents before he really blossomed.
    Same with Tony Parker, as he became really good in his 2nd year with 15.5 pts, 5.3 assist at 46%
    Derron Williams also took 2 years with 16.2 pts, 45.6% and 9.3 assists
    Chris Paul was the other one who really played great in his rookie year, 16 pts, 7.8 assists but with a lowly 43% FG%.
    Now we can all speculate whether Derrick is very close to his peak or not, but I agree with you. This guy is already phenomenal.
    Im sure other teams will play closer attention to him and that they are studying his moves/weakness etc, but works both ways, he must be working on his weaknesses right now, learning the system better etc.
    One thing though he is both big and quick, a great combo that you can't teach and will be very difficult to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion, but the reason (I assume) that most of us had Rose not starting wasn't only being on the team for a year, but rather the perceived lack of on-court chemistry with Jordan and Pippen.
    To a point I undertand the Kirk is one of the greatest complimentary players in the Bulls history. The he is a very good locker room guy, smart etc. But Im just not ready to brand Rose as guy to loves to dominate the ball and that he can't play good team ball with MJ. Great guys find ways to co-exist with other great players. I argued before citing the US Dream teams, playing good ball together, just recently Kobe, WAde, Lebron found ways to work together and win the Gold with a relatively short time of preparation.
    One poster argued it only worked bec. it's just "temporary" and that over the course of time, they would eventually revert to their superstar-"Me-first" mentality...blah blah blah.
    If we stick to that probably "percieved" chemistry problems, that both MJ and Rose loves to dominate the ball and therefore would creat tension.
    Should Lakers fans then pick between Magic-Scott OR Kobe-Fish combo? All bec. both Magic and Kobe love to dominate the ball? I don't think so.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

My All-Time Roster:
    Note: I left Rose off this list because hes a rookie...maybe in five years..he gets on...too early for him right now!

C-Gilmore
    PF-Rodman
    SF-Pippen
    SG-Jordan
    PG-Van Lier
    Bench
    Sloan
    Love
    Grant
    Kukoc
    Walker
    Theus
    Gordon

Chi Bulls 2010-2011 baller42590's Avatar

Starting lineup

PG Derrick Rose
    SG Michael Jordan
    SF Scottie Pippen
    PF Dennis Rodman
    C Artis Gilmore

Throw a bench of
    Horace Grant
    Bill Cartwright
    Tyson Chandler
    Luc Longley
    Kirk Hinrich
    Ben Gordon
    Ron Harper

how could you have Chandler on the bench!?!?!?!?!?!? he shouldnt even be a consideration for an all-time team..................

College superstar

Why does no one mention Brand?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Why does no one mention Brand?
    You have a valid question. I think the "Brand era" was very forgetful in a way bec they were the bottom feeders at that time. To me it's such a big toss up bet Grant and Brand. I will not take Rodman bec he has zero offensive moves. For me, you really have to be a 2-way player to be named in the all time roster.