Default Goodbye Rondo...

It was great having you

Default Re: Goodbye Rondo...

We need a support group

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    We need a support group
    Not that the start to the season was wonderful but this team is about to be very hard to watch. I freely admit that I tuned out the entire first half of last season. I'll give the team a chance for a few games but I really don't want to watch tanking.

Celtics 2016 Champs

Banned

this sucks guys.....idk what to think right now. Rondo was my fav player to watch on my fav team. I still loved watching the celtics when rondo was playing, even if they were down by 20 What scares me even more is there is no direction for this team, no center piece. I dont believe green could be the main guy, he is more of a complementry player. Where do we go from here?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    this sucks guys.....idk what to think right now. Rondo was my fav player to watch on my fav team. I still loved watching the celtics when rondo was playing, even if they were down by 20 What scares me even more is there is no direction for this team, no center piece. I dont believe green could be the main guy, he is more of a complementry player. Where do we go from here?!
    This is just a total rebuild. Expect a lot of losing for the next few years. The next true Celtic franchise player isn't even on the team right now. There are a few guys that should be good players in the future but no one that's going to be elite. It's hard to forecast the future because the team's hopes are now largely in the draft lottery. This feeling is why I didn't even want to watch last year until Rondoreturned and now that he's gone I honestly don't know who's worth watching. I'm going to give it a shot, see what Smart can do but if we hit February with Jameer Nelson starting I'm going to start watching a lot more NCAA so I can try and guess who Ainge picks for the next franchise guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Not that the start to the season was wonderful but this team is about to be very hard to watch. I freely admit that I tuned out the entire first half of last season. I'll give the team a chance for a few games but I really don't want to watch tanking.
    after all those games we blew i seriously stopped watching and hoped for the Rondo trade to happen. It sucks but we are in this for good now.

after football is done lets just watch the wizards and mavs game. I'm all in for supporting the old celts

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    after all those games we blew i seriously stopped watching and hoped for the Rondo trade to happen. It sucks but we are in this for good now.

after football is done lets just watch the wizards and mavs game. I'm all in for supporting the old celts
    I'm all for a Wizards/Mavs finals.

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]GREEN FOREVER!![/COLOR]

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

It was to be expected. And of all the teams he could of ended up with, Mavs is alright in my book (as a homer I was excepting more in return for him, but this is alright I guess).

I mean we all know the Celtics are not going anywhere soon, and while as a fan its nice to see Rondo play, he should play on a contender and leave this team for the tank.. which I hate too but that's the way it is.

So to Rondo thanks and glhf with Dirk and Mark!

Banned

By the way, when are those first-round picks? They could be big if they're in years time after Dirk retires, Chandler is in his late 30s or retired and Rondo is in his mid-30s or gone to a different team.

You never know, this could turn out like the Nets.

Departing Celtic Rajon Rondo made what was likely his last public appearance in Green yesterday, fa-la-laing with his soon-to-be former teammates at Boston Children

Good luck to him.

What's the chances we re-sign him after this season? Along with say Marc Gasol :)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    What's the chances we re-sign him after this season? Along with say Marc Gasol :)
    All chances of getting Marc Gasol went out the window. Our chances were extremely low anyway.