Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: if u have no.1 pick, duncan or zion?

Its not disrespectful when Zion is putting up some REALLY impressive numbers and is a massive talent himself. I mean the dude went 13/13 FG the other week and dropped 29 points WITHOUT a decent free throw game in COLLEGE. He's putting up some historical numbers comparable to Kevin Godamn Durant. I said I pick Duncan but people are brushing off Zion like hes just a random scrub prospect is just

I mean Duncan was what... a 4 year college player?

You know what his freshman season was?

9.8 pts /9.6 rebounds /3.8 blocks on 54%

for fking Wake Forest

ZION?

22.1/8.9/2.1 assists / 2.2 steals / 1.8 blocks on ALMOST 70% FG

Now tell me how Zion's fat ass tastes like ?

Here I'll be easier on Tim Duncan as a prospect....

4th year college player Tim Duncan (22 years old)

20.8 pts / 14.7 rebounds / 3.2 assists on 60%

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Here I'll be easier on Tim Duncan as a prospect....

4th year college player Tim Duncan (22 years old)

20.8 pts / 14.7 rebounds / 3.2 assists on 60%
    Are you even a little familiar with Duncans upbringing re basketball?

Also, I'd take 2nd year pro Duncan over any possible future iteration of Zion Williamson.

National High School Star

I don't understand how this is a question... Zion looks really fun with a high motor but how does he translate to the NBA as some sort of transformational talent to the point you would say he's better than Duncan? We're basically saying you guys believe he's a lock for like top-5 all-time. To me that's pretty ridiculous.

What is his all-time talent? He's got an awesome motor and good instincts in the passing lane but... he's raw as hell and a lot of his success comes from the fact he's bullying people much much smaller than him, but he's a 6'6 PF? He could turn into Barkley but he could also turn into a lot less than that. It's hard to say for sure how he'll translate.

I think he's very similar to Julius Randle and Blake Griffin but Griffin's skill level is obviously much higher and Zion is a fair bit shorter. He's going to have difficulty finishing over legit NBA size and men by just slamming into the rim, he'll have to develop a more refined skill-set - and obviously I understand he's only 18 or 19 or whatever but he has a ways to go. Look at someone like Luka Doncic and his ridiculous skill-set, forget his shot making and late game clutch abulitiy.

He could be great, I expect him to be a very good player but I don't think by any stretch he shuold be compared to a Lebron. Those who do will likely be really be disappointed.

Lol @ you comparing Zion to Randle. Not even a close comparison really.

Also stop bringing up Duncan's top 10 GOAT status. We're talking about them as 18 or 19 year old prospects. Of course no ones going to pick Zion if YOU KNOW Tim Duncan was going to be this awesome.

Lol @ you comparing Zion to Randle. Not even a close comparison really.

Also stop bringing up Duncan's top 10 GOAT status. We're talking about them as 18 or 19 year old prospects. Of course no ones going to pick Zion if YOU KNOW Tim Duncan was going to be this awesome.
    Who do you compare Zion to? Lebron? That's just as laughable, I'm saying there are similarities in their game (w/Randle) with the muscle ball they play. Zion is not Lebron and never will be point blank.

Anyways I take Duncan because he was seen as a sure-fire and polished player aka you know what you're getting at the next level. I don't know for sure what I'm getting at the next level from Zion other than instagram highlights.

Nah I dont know who to compare him too tbh. Def not LeBron either. I liked Randle as a prospect and player but Zion is just an upgraded version of Randle except Zion is a bigger beast, has way better handles and vision. He's going to be better than both Randle and Griffin if he stays healthy, thats for damn sure in my eyes.

Nah I dont know who to compare him too tbh. Def not LeBron either. I liked Randle as a prospect and player but Zion is just an upgraded version of Randle except Zion is a bigger beast, has way better handles and vision. He's going to be better than both Randle and Griffin if he stays healthy, thats for damn sure in my eyes.
    I don't think he'll sure fire be better than Griffin just for the fact Griffin is 6'10 and was just as explosive of an athlete when he came in which is why he was like 20-10 as a rookie. I see them being similar with outstanding finishes but Griffin has always been a solid player whose really developed an all-around game. I'd like to think Zion can do the same but I think his height might limit him a bit depending how he develops his all-around game. I don't know his position at the next-level.

The one thing I like is - he isn't a great shooter and his form isn't that good but he's at least taking some 3's. Simmons for example is a generational talent but has next to zero confidence in his shot...but he needs to shoot when people play off him that much. I see people doing much of the same with Zion next year. But at least he shoots them. If Simmons would at least shoot 2 a game when absolutely open he will hit some and it at least makes the defense be somewhat honest because they halfway think he might shoot when being completely ungaurded.

Thing with Zion is he has great footwork, great vision and handles. Griffin to this day still has piss poor footwork. Comparable for sure.... but I'd bet on Zion if he can stay healthy.

Anyone who doesn't say Duncan is a certified sped