Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you don't believe in Climate Change..

You're one of 3 things:

1. An idiot

2. Willfully blind

3. Uneducated

https://climate.nasa.gov/

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

The science has spoken, it is real.

Default Re: If you don't believe in Climate Change..

4. A shill

It's an interesting topic because of how so many don't believe in it because of their political leanings, and I guess you can also say that some people are for it because of their political leanings, even if they might be right. Human nature.

My favorite argument against it is that the temperature of the Earth changed millions of years ago, so there's your proof that man has had no effect on climate change. It's just something that the Earth does. It's absurd to think that the effects of men has anything to do with it.

It's all about their side winning.

Trump believes in climate change, but can't take that stand for political reasons.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    It's an interesting topic because of how so many don't believe in it because of their political leanings, and I guess you can also say that some people are for it because of their political leanings, even if they might be right. Human nature.

My favorite argument against it is that the temperature of the Earth changed millions of years ago, so there's your proof that man has had no effect on climate change. It's just something that the Earth does. It's absurd to think that the effects of men has anything to do with it.

It's all about their side winning.

Trump believes in climate change, but can't take that stand for political reasons.

Agreed.

In fact, most people never make the arguments youre suggesting they do. Not that Ive seen or heard. Most will tell you the climate changes naturally and we have no way to directly measure how great man’s impact exacerbates it. That much is true. Most will tell you there was doomsday alarmism about ‘global warming’ going on in the late 90s that predicted Miami FL would be submerged under water TODAY. That much is also true. Most will tell you alarmists are generally overstating things for the sake of looking like they know something important, and have superior political value to folks who dont get worked up so easily by the latest and greatest outrage.

That much also seems to be true.

But since those are all reasonable positions, hysterical far left screwballs have to come up with some kind of fake news about how “the other side is denying it!” in order to maintain their charade.

Weird people, these guys.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Once again everyone is confused about this issue. The issue isn't if climate change is real or not. There is empirical data to prove this. I mean, we all knew what the Ice Age was in Elementary school.

The issue people have a hard time swallowing is the belief that climate change is affected by man, and affected by man at these alarming levels that these scientists and politicians believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Once again everyone is confused about this issue. The issue isn't if climate change is real or not. There is empirical data to prove this. I mean, we all knew what the Ice Age was in Elementary school.

The issue people have a hard time swallowing is the belief that climate change is affected by man, and affected by man at these alarming levels that these scientists and politicians believe.
    The scientific community is in effective consensus on this issue. The disagreement is not within science - it is within politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    The scientific community is in effective consensus on this issue. The disagreement is not within science - it is within politics.
    You gotta catch up, the evidence reached gold standard a while back:
    “Humanity cannot afford to ignore such clear signals,” the U.S.-led team wrote in the journal Nature Climate Change of satellite measurements of rising temperatures over the past 40 years.

They said confidence that human activities were raising the heat at the Earth’s surface had reached a “five-sigma” level, a statistical gauge meaning there is only a one-in-a-million chance that the signal would appear if there was no warming.

Such a “gold standard” was applied in 2012, for instance, to confirm the discovery of the Higgs boson subatomic particle, a basic building block of the universe.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1QE1ZU

Why tell me to catch up and then support my point? Okay so I shouldn't have used the word "effective". My point is only a better one now.

Banned

i think its a polar shift. some parts of the world are colder than ever

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

So are we making it better or worse?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    So are we making it better or worse?

We

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing]We

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Pollution is getting crazy big in some parts of the world and I hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

I posted this before but we humans are mostly responsible for the excess greenhouse gases entering the atmosphere. It's mainly two greenhouse gases causing the most misery due to the extreme amounts.. CO2 from coal/oil/gas and methane from excess animal breeding for our consumption. Other lesser amounts include NO2 from agriculture waste and other fluorides.

So yes, climate change IS affected and amplified by humans, and there is absolutely zero doubt to that fact, empirically, logically and realistically. Zero doubt about it. Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    It's an honest question. We are hairless chimps without the ability to grow hair to protect us from the elements. About the coldest we can survive without clothing is 70 degrees. Most of our crops require that average at a minimum as well. Our sweet spot is 80 degrees. The average global temperature is only 58.6 degrees. Sounds like the earth can use some warming up from the human standpoint.

In a 100 years when humans are controlling the weather through technology, I think they will be snickering a little about the whole climate change panic that took place a century earlier
    Climate doesn't work like that. Changes in temperature change weather patterns and can break thresholds that we know are there or some that we don't even know about. This results in more chaotic storm patterns. Sure your temperature is up 2 degrees in your area but maybe it no longer rains enough to grow crops or your entire coastline is gone because the water has moved in a mile. Our entire infrastructure is based on a predictable climate. No ones gives a **** if it's 2C warmer. It's these other things that matter.