Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Marvel

NBA Legend

Default Re: Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    So many Barbara's here. How you going to spend money on a movie that literally hates you? Cucks for miles.

This.

Not ONLY is it anti-normal people propaganda, but it’s mass-produced hollywood formula garbage.

It’s been 10+ years since this superhero movie fad, and I still cannot believe my eyes/ears to see grown men having serious discussions about AQUA MAN and ****ing WONDER WOMAN

But ppl dont care about anythinf. Dont care where their money goes, dont care what gets put in front of them, dont care how low quality the stimulation they consume is.

Popular, generic, lowest common denominator. That’s what most people are (by definition) so that’s what most people are okay with.

People enjoying Marvel movies and everything else they choose to see on the big screen with their dates while the incel neckbeards stay at home crying about feminist power.

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]This.

Not ONLY is it anti-normal people propaganda, but it

It was fine. I enjoyed it but I wasn't wow'ed by it. I was not really hyped about it but felt I needed to watch it because I can't wait for Endgame in a little over a month. After watching, yeah I guess you could have skipped it and not miss anything... but I get 3 movies a month to watch (moviepass) and I have only 2 more weeks left so I chose to watch this sorry im not sorry

It was watchable, but overall I would rank this film in the bottom tier of marvel movies with films like thor 1&2 and iron man 2&3.

The film did a poor job establishing her power level, but it seems like she is basically more powerful than any other avenger aside from perhaps Thor. I seriously hope she doesnt play a very large role in endgame... it would be idiotic for marvel to spend 10 years and 20+ movies building up toward this event, and then introduce this incredibly powerful character that saves the universe just 1 month before their finale is released.
    Last edited by Nanners; 03-11-2019 at 05:49 AM.

it was good. first half of the movie felt like a big budget star trek episode.

solid 7/10.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

In comparison to the comics, they butchered this. The storylines were definitely social politically charged.

For example (SPOILER ALERT):
    The Skrull being portrayed as misunderstood refugees. Definitely a play on illegal immigrants. I didn't like that change from the comics

Another SPOILER ALERT:
    They are hyping this up for Captain Marvel to be the most powerful being in the Marvel universe who is not an entity, since she gets her power from the space stone, shouldn't she be no more powerful than Vision who gets his power from the mind stone?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    In comparison to the comics, they butchered this. The storylines were definitely social politically charged.

For example (SPOILER ALERT):
    The Skrull being portrayed as misunderstood refugees. Definitely a play on illegal immigrants. I didn't like that change from the comics

Another SPOILER ALERT:
    They are hyping this up for Captain Marvel to be the most powerful being in the Marvel universe who is not an entity, since she gets her power from the space stone, shouldn't she be no more powerful than Vision who gets his power from the mind stone?
    I agree that they dropped the ball with the skrulls. The skrulls should've been some of the most badass villians in the MCU. They could've done a lot with the impersonating main characters and invading earth comic plotlines.

To be fair if we want to sit and nitpick that would be extremely easy. Got a lot of other little gripes too but overall when it comes down to it I think they did a good job. I was entertained.

That deaging effect on sam jackson was incredible. Truly mindblowing stuff.

I liked Wonder Woman but Gal Gadot made that movie. She is hot af and convincing in that role.

Just from the trailers i am not getting the same vibe from Captain Marvel. Might just wait for it to come out on video.

Didn't watch it yet. A friend said it lies somewhere around The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 in terms of being good. Which is pretty average. It's not Iron Man 3 bad, it's not better than something like Civil War, Age of Ultron, Ragnarok, etc.

Just don't go in expecting something awesome.

Banned

qnyone else find it weird how brie larsons nipples have a 1mm areola

NBA sixth man of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AN...9s&app=desktop

Only 39% of the audience was female.

The feminazi’s had to depend on males for the movie to be successful.

7/10. I noticed a couple of those "woman can be just as strong as men" moments. Kind of made me cringe.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Get to the point, how f#ckable was Brie Larson?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Get to the point, how f#ckable was Brie Larson?
    Very. Very. The awy way she does stuff is hot.