Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Rate the last videogame you played

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Civilization V Brave New World
    ∞/10
    Is it better than Civ IV beyond the sword+ mods?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Playing COD: Advanced Warfare - ?/10 (PS4)

Just started playing this game. I started the multiplayer as soon as I bought it and got rekt. Decided to finish the story mode first to figure out the weapons and the other gadgets first. Did about 20 minutes worth of story mode and seems pretty good thus far. I wish they develop an open world COD game. A game in which everything is destructible.
    That would be awesome. I miss the WW2 CoD games tho. You could drive tanks and stuff in multiplayer. I guess if you do want some destructible things, there's Battlefield. I never played it, but I heard it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    That would be awesome. I miss the WW2 CoD games tho. You could drive tanks and stuff in multiplayer. I guess if you do want some destructible things, there's Battlefield. I never played it, but I heard it's good.
    I used to play BF a LOT. Loved the fact that you could drive tanks, APC's and other vehicles, boats, and fly planes. Have played the newer ones though. BF2 was the tits. The new BF does have a destructible environment. I just wish more games have it though. An open world FPS like COD with a destructible environment?

Decent playground baller Practice?'s Avatar

Madden 15 - 8.5/10

Cities: Skylines

10/10

It's what Sim City should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Is it better than Civ IV beyond the sword+ mods?
    IMO yes

The Order: 1886

I liked it even though a lot of people didn't. Great story, great loading times for a game as good looking as it is, the gameplay mechanics are great, and it is engaging enough to keep you playing. Only problem is how restrictive and bland the world is. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8/10.

Haven't played a game in a while due to how busy I've been but I really want to play Bloodborne next.

gta v 10/10

Decent playground baller

gta v 9.5/10

I am playing King's Field for the Playstation 1, it is the spiritual predecessor to Demon's/Dark Souls. Both series are created by the same company (From Software). This one is a first-person RPG, which may be the first Western RPG of its kind.

There are some noticeable similarities between this game and its future brothers:

-This game does not hold your hand. You have to use your brain, and your own judgment, to work through the many challenges.

-The NPC's are not always necessary to talk to, but if you do, they shed interesting light on the obviously well thought-out story.

-The atmosphere is medieval fantasy, just like the Boletarian castle.

Flaws:

-The biggest flaw, by far, is the frame rate. This game generally moves extremely slow. It seems like they really tried to create this huge world, but the PS1 technology could not support it. The game moves so slow, my fingers hurt after playing sometimes; trying to turn your immensely slow character with a PS1 D-Pad is no fun.

-Combat. Do not expect the precision and expert handling of Dark Souls. This is the PS1 after all. But for what it is, I actually enjoy the combat. There is some skill and strategy to it. If you grew up with the PS1, and you don't mind playing retro games, you will be fine with the combat. But I am sure a kid who grew up with the Xbox 360 will be completely turned off by it.

Great game so far. I am loving it, especially as a big fan of Demon/Dark Souls.

Hearthstone - 4/10

This game is such bullshit, 90% based on luck and unlike Magic you don't get lands or chance to play during your opponents turn so its even more lopsided when RNG rapes you. To top it all off you need like 200+ dollars worth of packs to actually get some good cards and play, or else you will get owned by the pay to win decks everyone has.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

dark souls 2
    on pc ,best game 10/10

faster than light
    10/10 ,it is vert difficult

tales of borderlands 1episode
    9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Hearthstone - 4/10

This game is such bullshit, 90% based on luck and unlike Magic you don't get lands or chance to play during your opponents turn so its even more lopsided when RNG rapes you. To top it all off you need like 200+ dollars worth of packs to actually get some good cards and play, or else you will get owned by the pay to win decks everyone has.
    lol, I play Hearthstone. I have played Magic for years, and what I loved about Hearthstone was that it was DEVOID of lands. **** lands. I am done being mana screwed, getting too much mana, too little. It is such a pain in the ass and it seems like every single game is screwed up in some way by one of the two players not having the desired number of lands.

There is a lot of luck and RNG in Hearthstone. There is a lot of skill too, but it is very often overshadowed by bullshit RNG. I feel you. I kind of like the game, but it also seems like a ridiculous waste of time.

And also, **** Blizzard in general, for purposely trying to make their games addictive. I think the way they design games is immoral. Hearthstone included.

At this point I have a lot of the necessary legendaries and a lot of the main cards. And now I am questioning whether or not I want to play anymore.

Oddworld: New n Tasty - 8/10

Brilliant remake of Abe's Oddysee

NBA 2K15 4-5/10

Same issues as 2K13 and 14 such as
    - Stuck in animations
    - Sequences feel scripted
    - Passing logic when not using directional passing is dumb (who does a cross court pass when the guy 2 feet in front of you is open under the basket? Etc.)
    - VC takes long to earn. 800 for a really good game but upgrades cost thousands
    - Three pointers and shots at the end of the shot clock or buzzer

And new ones such as
    - Coach calling a timeout with 2 seconds left in a Q to bring you in and generally wasting TOs
    - (This one is personal) not being featured in the team's offence despite having maxed out inside scorer, leading the team in scoring and FG%. I can go minutes without touching the ball, even to pass to someone else

PES 2015 6/10

- Players feel slow e.g Walcott
    - Stamina is hilariously bad, compounded by the fact that in ML there are stretches where you can play 9 games in a month
    - No fouls are called. I've been entire games with no free kicks except for offside

COD 5 8/10

Really fun but nigh impossible to find a lobby without hackers

Blacklight: Retribution 8/10

If the game had a mini-map, your stats and didn't have microtransactions, the game would be perfect IMO

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    lol, I play Hearthstone. I have played Magic for years, and what I loved about Hearthstone was that it was DEVOID of lands. **** lands. I am done being mana screwed, getting too much mana, too little. It is such a pain in the ass and it seems like every single game is screwed up in some way by one of the two players not having the desired number of lands.

There is a lot of luck and RNG in Hearthstone. There is a lot of skill too, but it is very often overshadowed by bullshit RNG. I feel you. I kind of like the game, but it also seems like a ridiculous waste of time.

And also, **** Blizzard in general, for purposely trying to make their games addictive. I think the way they design games is immoral. Hearthstone included.

At this point I have a lot of the necessary legendaries and a lot of the main cards. And now I am questioning whether or not I want to play anymore.
    But Magic has cards that allow you to "fetch" land or any other cards you want out of your deck, the fact you also have the ability to counter your opponent during their turn adds even more to the gameplay. The card variety and paths to victory are also on another level.

I played all the Magic games on my Xbox 360 for years, and always felt like I had control most of the time. But with Heartstone it's 99% luck, you have no way to counter your opponent on their turn, you have no way to slow them down or punish them, it's more simple but not as rewarding. And everyone is just playing brainless rushdown decks since there isn't much variety in cards.