Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA All-star

Default Re: If i told you that a 36 year old, in his 20th season would average

I would say, 15, and maybe up to 18 mil per year if the market is bad wouldn't be bad.

even if the guy never played on my team before.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    He's putting up neat 25 PPG on 41%, which is ****ing impressive.

if you expect a 19 year vet to put up anything better than 25 PPG on 41%.
    low iq post

in what realm is 25ppg on 41% shooting WITH NO DEFENSE "impressive"? sure kobe scoring 25 a night is a great feat for him - but basketball is a team sport. his inefficient scoring, lack of playmaking and bad defense has been one of the lakers' BIGGEST problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    low iq post

in what realm is 25ppg on 41% shooting WITH NO DEFENSE "impressive". sure kobe scoring 25 a night is a great feat for him - but basketball is a team sport. his inefficient scoring, lack of playmaking and bad defense has been one of the lakers' BIGGEST problems.
    He's in his 19th season and 36, coming off of 2 injuries. Also, it's just a 4 game sample. Are you forgetting that LeBron's average is 27 on 42% for the season? At 29 years old....

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Why would he take a huge paycut, when he's still capable of averaging 25 PPG on 41%? Dude is playing with garbage. Put a decent roster around him, the Lakers would definitely make the playoffs.
    not taking a paycut is exactly the reason he doesn't have a decent roster around him

Why would he take a huge paycut, when he's still capable of averaging 25 PPG on 41%? Dude is playing with garbage. Put a decent roster around him, the Lakers would definitely make the playoffs.
    Are you completely drunk or do you just not understand the first thing about basketball?

What the heck am I am reading? This may be one of the worst posts I've ever seen on here and that's saying something.
    Why should a man being paid 24 million dollars a year take a paycut bc.....He can average 25 PPG on 41%fg

FEK ME. JUST FEK ME.

He's in his 19th season and 36, coming off of 2 injuries. Also, it's just a 4 game sample. Are you forgetting that LeBron's average is 27 on 42% for the season? At 29 years old....
    You realize that it's you who brought up the stats and then dismissed them when the other posters turned them around on you on the basis that it's only a four game sample.

You brought up stats and then said the stats don't mean as much because it's a four game sample.
    This is genius right here.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    You realize that it's you who brought up the stats and then dismissed them when the other posters turned them around on you on the basis that it's only a four game sample.

You brought up stats and then said the stats don't mean as much because it's a four game sample.

it's so stupid, it hurts

College superstar

smh. kobe stans are borderline skitzo. i mean, why bring up lebron and his numbers like they are relevant here? dude is still in his prime. still playing defense, passing, rebounding - the whole 9.

what an awful retort..

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I think he has been great so far.....Not sure why people are hating on him......
    Huh? Great? You're tating him on a curve them, right?

6-17, 11-25, 6-15, 12-28.... "Great" stans crack me up

And if those stats by Dadda are accurate, holy shit

Holy shit... Aj should stick to talking Heat only. Dude is embarrassing

Some of you are idiots. Aj is clearly not a Kobe Stan and he defends LeBron plenty. He was just using LeBron as a point of reference: it's still early

I'm impressed... He may not be producing wins but it sure is entertaining that 3rd quarter last night was sweet

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Huh? Great? You're tating him on a curve them, right?

6-17, 11-25, 6-15, 12-28.... "Great" stans crack me up

And if those stats by Dadda are accurate, holy shit
    So I'm a Kobe stan right.........anyone on this site can tell you that would be a joke.....

Insecure Lebron "stans" crack me up. Not allowed to compliment any other player in the NBA besides Lebron......And don't dare compliment one of his contemporaries...

I don't give a sh*t about his FG% in this context. He's 36 years old coming off of 2 serious, possibly career ending injuries. Everybody who claims they are an NBA fan should have respect for that. He's able to still get his shot off cleanly, he's just missing, partly because of fatigue. Nobody out there still can stop him and he's done a good job imo of getting his teammates involved. When he gets tired of seeing them fumble the ball out of bounds like idiots, he's tried to take over a few times, so what...And he's still very athletic for his age...Yes, I think he's played great considering the circumstances........You're just too busy trimming Lebron's pubic hair to notice...
    Last edited by Dro; 11-02-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Are you completely drunk or do you just not understand the first thing about basketball?

What the heck am I am reading? This may be one of the worst posts I've ever seen on here and that's saying something.
    Why should a man being paid 24 million dollars a year take a paycut bc.....He can average 25 PPG on 41%fg

FEK ME. JUST FEK ME.

Dude got offered 2 years and $48M. Why is he going to give that up? Are you seriously blaming him taking the money? Still, the Lakers went after Melo and it didn't work out obviously. Here, Kobe himself weighs in on his salary:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...verpaid-owners

Kobe taking a paycut would help with what exactly? As I said, they tried going after Melo, but failed. Even the addition of Melo wouldn't have done a lot of good. The whole Laker squad sucks ass and their lottery pick is out for the season.

I didn't "dismiss" the stats, you stupid turd. He just got back to playing basketball after 2 years. I'm saying that a 4 game sample is too small to gauge his efficiency. He's going to improve him efficiency as the season progresses. LeBron will average 27 this season, but is his shooting % gonna be at 42%? Likewise, Kobe is going to average 25 PPG and his efficiency will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Holy shit... Aj should stick to talking Heat only. Dude is embarrassing
    You should stick to BTE and rep whoring, kid.