Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Jason Smith signs with Knicks

Jason Smith has signed a one-year, $3.3 million deal with the New York Knicks, according to RealGM's Shams Charania. The big man averaged 9.7 points, 5.8 rebounds and 0.9 blocks in 31 games for the New Orleans Pelicans last season before having surgery on his right knee.

Smith, if healthy, is great value at that price, especially when you consider Chris Kaman got $5 million per season from the Blazers. He should be a backup in most situations, but could very well end up being New York's starting center. The Knicks desperately need serviceable defense from their frontcourt, and while not an amazing rim protector, Smith can provide that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ear-33-million

Default Re: Jason Smith signs with Knicks

I think hes a player that will work well with Fisher's style. It looks like he wants a team that plays with intensity and he fits the mold. I'm happy with the signing, he adds solid depth to our often beat up front court.

Krust Kingz

Good signing. Guy has ups and athleticism.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Nice signing. Hope he's healthy. Athletic, rugged and can hit the mid range J

Half asleep this morning... turn on the tele and I see "Knicks sign Chris Smith" -

Thank God I was still sleeping. Never heard of Jason Smith. but this reads well.

The Knicks made it official and signed 7-foot center Jason Smith Friday.

Smith inked a one-year deal for the $3.27 million taxpayer midlevel exception, giving the Knicks six players who are at least 6-10 under contract.

A former first-round pick of the Heat in 2007, Smith has averaged 6.0 points and 3.5 rebounds over six seasons with Philadelphia and New Orleans.

-- NY Newsday