Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: I'd take Russell > Jordan.

Id take Russell,Wilt,Kareem,Shaq over Jordan

While Jordan is known as Goat(by most)

A Goat C beats the Goat Guard

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I don't see Bird having any case over Magic. Magic won as many MVPs (and probably deserved one in '82), more FMVPs (and was robbed of one in '88), won more rings, outplayed Bird h2h in their post-season h2h's, was a better playoff performer...

Bird was better at his best, and Magic had a better career because of better health..I can sure see something thinking Bird was the greater player..I consider them about tied.

Plesse stop with the finals MVP talk..That has gotten really old on this site. I noticed you cherry pick. You don't bother mentioning that Bird was robbed of a FMVP in 1981 and Magic got a gift in 1980.. Not that FMVP are to be obsessed with like so many do on this site..

I wouldn't take Russell over MJ. Guy was only the legit best player on both sides of the ball for 2 or 3 of his 11 championships. Regardless of his intangibles, how great a leader he was, how dominant of a defensive force he was ... he's still essentially a niche player. Defense wins championships, but offense is important too. Let's not forget he had the most stacked roster in his young, small pond league.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It's like April 2013 posters aren't even aware that basketball is a team sport. Yes child, the winning team having the most talent is a myth. Of course. That's the ticket.

Dumb dumb the myth I am talking about is Russell had all this great talent around him and Wilt didn't..

Wilt great talent from 65-73..2 titles..Follow long now kiddo..Son did you miss the part where I stated the fact that Wilt went to a team in 1969 that went the finals the year before without him and still lost to Russell? Did you miss the part about the Phila team that Wilt left in 1968 ended up with the second best record in the league the next year without him..Gee some lack of talent Wilt had..

But keep spouting your crap..

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I wouldn't take Russell over MJ. Guy was only the legit best player on both sides of the ball for 2 or 3 of his 11 championships. Regardless of his intangibles, how great a leader he was, how dominant of a defensive force he was ... he's still essentially a niche player. Defense wins championships, but offense is important too. Let's not forget he had the most stacked roster in his young, small pond league.
    You have to put somewhat of an * on Russell's career due to him being in an 8 team league where the other 7 teams didn't want to have "too many" black players on their rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    Lol I hear what your saying but his height is his height .. He would be 6'9 in yesterday's nba and 6'9 in today's nba.. Lol

It hasn't kept Dwight from, when healthy, being the best center in the league, and they're basically the exact same height. You know a lot of the other players that are listed at 6'10"-6'11" in today's NBA? Most of them are actually 6'8" or 6'9"; the same height as or shorter than Russell. He would be listed at 6'11" today, and be just as tall (with a higher reach and better vert than most) as all the other players that are allegedly 6'11" today.

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    Dumb dumb the myth I am talking about is Russell had all this great talent around him and Wilt didn't..

Wilt great talent from 65-73..2 titles..Follow long now kiddo..Son did you miss the part where I stated the fact that Wilt went to a team in 1969 that went the finals the year before without him and still lost to Russell? Did you miss the part about the Phila team that Wilt left in 1968 ended up with the second best record in the league the next year without him..Gee some lack of talent Wilt had..

But keep spouting your crap..
    Real men make sure to display passive aggressiveness on the internet. Obvi.

April 2013.

Banned

STFU with all this height talk. Russell was easily one of the most gifted athletes in NBA history. It's true, his height would be estimated at around 6'11-7'0 in today's heavily marketed league, but c'mon, when your big man is doing things like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEs4KC4xHE0

Shiiiiiiieeeeeeeeet.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    People who feel the need to hunt for flaws and criticisms about one player, yet do not appear to hunt for flaws in the same manner or with the same enthusiasm for the player they are trying to prop up or hold in high-esteem, make for lousy discussions.
    Welcome to the internet.

Russel was a niche player. His niche was winning f'ing championships. Seems like he picked the right niche imo.

And I see we're back to, regardless of who the thread was supposed to be about, jlauber stepping in and copying and pasting walls of text about Wilt.

Someone should start a thread titled "Ranks the Centers of the 80's and 90's" and see how long it takes for him to step in and start talking about Wilt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Russel was a niche player. His niche was winning f'ing championships. Seems like he picked the right niche imo.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Meh, stacked roster, young league, not the best player for the majority of his championships. He was a terrific defensive anchor who was only the undisputed best player on his team for 3 of his championships. You want to talk about overrated due to "rings"

Anthony Davis= 6"10 with shoes = will dominant the NBA and be the next Tim Duncan.

Bill Russel = 6"9-6"10 = gets no respect.

You guys need to get real. Russel is the greatest defender in the history of this game.

Banned

Meh, stacked roster, young league, not the best player for the majority of his championships. He was a terrific defensive anchor who was only the undisputed best player on his team for 3 of his championships. You want to talk about overrated due to "rings"
    Damn son. You literally can't give no one else besides MJ credit huh?