Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: top ten european players not in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Rudy Fernandez is a nice player and DKV Joventut is a nice team but they didn't win the supercopa, they haven't played a euroleague team in the ACB season and DKV Joventut isn't expected to beat those euroleague teams in the acb. If you want to familiarize yourself with the supercopa and it's mvp here's a link.
    Dkv Joventut beat Unicaja tonight,I suppose you don't think Unicaja(who has beaten Barca and Madrid ,should i say hammered them!)are any good.Well they hammered unicaja with rudy fernandez and ricky rubio as stars look at their stats in www.acb.com

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Dkv Joventut beat Unicaja tonight,I suppose you don't think Unicaja(who has beaten Barca and Madrid ,should i say hammered them!)are any good.Well they hammered unicaja with rudy fernandez and ricky rubio as stars look at their stats in www.acb.com
    Unfortunately DKV Joventut lost to Tau Ceramica and are now fourth in the ACB standing despite Rudy Fernandez having the best game of his career. DKV Joventut has been losing more lately.

Unfortunately DKV Joventut lost to Tau Ceramica and are now fourth in the ACB standing despite Rudy Fernandez having the best game of his career. DKV Joventut has been losing more lately.
    Yes but still ahead of TAU.;)
    Spanish league is amazingly competitive.Barca beat madrid by 20ish then lost by the same amount thereabout to menorca.
    Great season ,total suprise , Iurbentia Bilbao!they have been fantastic.

Yes but still ahead of TAU.;)
    Spanish league is amazingly competitive.Barca beat madrid by 20ish then lost by the same amount thereabout to menorca.
    Great season ,total suprise , Iurbentia Bilbao!they have been fantastic.
    More than half the teams in the ACB are really bad and the only reason DKV Joventut standings was their early schedule was weak. DKV Joventut is a good team but not good enough to compete with the euroleague teams of the ACB late in the season.

More than half the teams in the ACB are really bad and the only reason DKV Joventut standings was their early schedule was weak. DKV Joventut is a good team but not good enough to compete with the euroleague teams of the ACB late in the season.
    we will see last year they should have beaten Madrid in the semis,they lost 3 2 and the 3 that they lost by less than 5 points."more than half the teams in the ACB are really bad????" what??
    Unicaja are struggling to get into the cup(top 8 places) and they are a euroleague team,final four last year.Gran Canaria(12th in ACB) and pamesa are both going well in the uleb.Vivemenorca(13th) beat Barca(another euroleague team that beat madrid days before).I think you are totally mistaken,there is no league in europe with the depth that the acb has.of course there are teams aren't as good someone has to be 16th or 12th etc!Tell me a league in europe which has more depth?Please do not say the israeli!!!as someone else mentioned in another forum,thats just plain ludicrous!

we will see last year they should have beaten Madrid in the semis,they lost 3 2 and the 3 that they lost by less than 5 points."more than half the teams in the ACB are really bad????" what??
    Unicaja are struggling to get into the cup(top 8 places) and they are a euroleague team,final four last year.Gran Canaria(12th in ACB) and pamesa are both going well in the uleb.Vivemenorca(13th) beat Barca(another euroleague team that beat madrid days before).I think you are totally mistaken,there is no league in europe with the depth that the acb has.of course there are teams aren't as good someone has to be 16th or 12th etc!Tell me a league in europe which has more depth?Please do not say the israeli!!!as someone else mentioned in another forum,thats just plain ludicrous!
    The second half of the ACB isn't good and there isn't any parity between the best five teams in the ACB and the lesser half. The worst team in the ACB couldn't beat the favorite in the ACB but the worst team in the bsl, Ramat Gan not only beat Maccabi they just blew them out. The ACB is better than the BSL but the competitive balance of the bsl for this year is better. In the israeli league's defense, they do employ african-american players that the acb refuses to hire even if they are better than their acb counterparts.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-02-2008 at 04:41 AM.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Are you serious? Israeli league is more competitive? You can also watch high schools compete against each other, my team and notre dame are the biggest rivals and we lost by 3. That's competitive. But was there quality? I didn't think so. So that's what your basically comparing. Spanish league is the best in Europe. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by simasu01
    Are you serious? Israeli league is more competitive? You can also watch high schools compete against each other, my team and notre dame are the biggest rivals and we lost by 3. That's competitive. But was there quality? I didn't think so. So that's what your basically comparing. Spanish league is the best in Europe. Period.
    Remove the euroleague teams of the bsl and the acb the quality and competition in the bsl is better. The average acb teams limits foreigners because most spanish players don't want to compete against former nba players and ncaa standouts, israel is different.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-02-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Remove the euroleague teams of the bsl and the acb the quality and competition in the bsl is better. The average acb teams limits foreigners because most spanish players don't want to compete against former nba players and ncaa standouts, israel is different.
    That is total crap man,really,I mean think about what you are saying.TAU,Unicaja,Barca and Madrid out. Macabbi out.
    You have , Akasvayu(champs of fiba cup last year),DKV unbeaten in ULEB with +160 points difference in 7 uleb games,Iurbentia Bilbao(leaders of ACB),Gran Canaria (lead their group in ULEB)Pamesa Valencia(also top in their ULEB group).
    All of this teams are better than the israeli teams left,even though only maccabi has been removed and 4 ACB ones.
    In Spain they limit the number of foreigners to protect their national players I think that is superb!thats why they are world champions and almost won the eurobasket.A lot of times a lot of american players(don't know why you call them african-american)in the ACB are nowhere near as good as their spanish team mates.look at barca in the last few years.Shammond williams,bootsy thornton,alex aker this year,all very poor contributions.By protecting your local players you get the likes of Grimau,Trias,Rubio,Gasol,llull,Claver,Gabriel etc florishing and doing well.
    http://www.ulebcup.com/ulebcup/competition/standings.

This has to be one of the most ilogical comments ever!!!In spain there are a lot of talented local players so they don't need to bring in as many foreigners,in israel they are obviously struggling with local talent,being such a small country(as much as they try to make it larger!)so they bring in loads of nba rejects to make up numbers.As for being scared to compete with americans,total bull****,they compete with them all the time in spain and in europe,and mostly successfully!

As much as you would love the israelis to be good in basketball and the league to be good, it just isn't. Nobody knows a team besides Maccabi Tel aviv. The league isn't competitive at a high level. There are many leagues that are competitive, I believe israel is too, but not at a high level. ACB is #1 in Europe, you have to admit it. Israel is #1 in Asia though.

This has to be one of the most ilogical comments ever!!!In spain there are a lot of talented local players so they don't need to bring in as many foreigners,in israel they are obviously struggling with local talent,being such a small country(as much as they try to make it larger!)so they bring in loads of nba rejects to make up numbers.As for being scared to compete with americans,total bull****,they compete with them all the time in spain and in europe,and mostly successfully!
    Quote Originally Posted by simasu01
    As much as you would love the israelis to be good in basketball and the league to be good, it just isn't. Nobody knows a team besides Maccabi Tel aviv. The league isn't competitive at a high level. There are many leagues that are competitive, I believe israel is too, but not at a high level. ACB is #1 in Europe, you have to admit it. Israel is #1 in Asia though.
    People get shot at in Israel on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day. GM's in the nba, as well as GM's in the English Premier Soccer and Phil Jackson wouldn't have visited some of Israel's most dangerous places last year that tourist don't visit like Holon if they didn't consider there are soccer and basketball players there that could help them win in the future.

ACB in my opinion is the best domestic league outside of the nba. The Greek league, Adriatic league and the Russian league are close. It's somewhat misleading not to acknowledge that the Adriatic, Russian, Spanish and Greek league have some lesser teams. Some of the lesser ACB teams if their primary concern was quality would have more nba rejects.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-02-2008 at 09:20 PM.

People get shot at in Israel on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day. GM's in the nba, as well as GM's in the English Premier Soccer and Phil Jackson wouldn't have visited some of Israel's most dangerous places last year that tourist don't visit like Holon if they didn't consider there are soccer and basketball players there that could help them win in the future.

ACB in my opinion is the best domestic league outside of the nba. The Greek league, Adriatic league and the Russian league are close. It's somewhat misleading not to acknowledge that the Adriatic, Russian, Spanish and Greek league have some lesser teams. Some of the lesser ACB teams if their primary concern was quality would have more nba rejects.
    every league is going to have lesser teams,they can't all be contenders,but no league has more contenders than ACB.You say that the lower half is poor.well Barca have lost to Cajasol and Menorca both in the bottom 6.Barca are 4th with 4 defeats.Bilbao are first,they have lost only 3 games.1 of them against murcia who are 11th.TAU have lost one of their matches to Manresa who are in 15th place.So to say that the lower half can't beat the top half is totally false.
    I have a great deal of respect for the israeli league and their national team,they overachieve for such a small nation,and they truely love their basketball.But it would be foolish to say their league is anywhere near the top leagues in the med.

every league is going to have lesser teams,they can't all be contenders,but no league has more contenders than ACB.You say that the lower half is poor.well Barca have lost to Cajasol and Menorca both in the bottom 6.Barca are 4th with 4 defeats.Bilbao are first,they have lost only 3 games.1 of them against murcia who are 11th.TAU have lost one of their matches to Manresa who are in 15th place.So to say that the lower half can't beat the top half is totally false.
    I have a great deal of respect for the israeli league and their national team,they overachieve for such a small nation,and they truely love their basketball.But it would be foolish to say their league is anywhere near the top leagues in the med.
    I'll post my response in the israel basketball thread.

Hey b.jerk you wanna list your top 10 players outside of nba now?