Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

Default Re: The Most Points In A Game 7 In NBA Finals History

Damn Kobe stans are retarded. Implying their idol didn't have an 8 point Finals game too.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...006160IND.html

Bring on the excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Damn Kobe stans are retarded. Implying their idol didn't have an 8 point Finals game too.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...006160IND.html

Bring on the excuses.
    Was he in his prime doe? How do you explain the "prime" part for lebron?

Jerry West is EASILY the 2nd greatest Finals performer ever. Behind only the GOAT, Jordan.

The next best Finals performer is probably Bird, then Wade. If Shaq didn't have such a flat out stinker in 2006, and a weak 2004 ... he could've challenged Mr. Logo for the number 2 spot.

If LeBron took the disrespectful wide open jumpers given to him all series by the Spurs, the same way MJ made the Blazers pay in game 1 giving him the open three in the '92 Finals, the Heat wouldn't have needed 7 damn games to beat that old, decrepit Spurs team.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Was he in his prime doe? How do you explain the "prime" part for lebron?
    According to another Kobe stan, LeBron's prime was in his second year. Kobe was in his 4th year in those Finals. Therefore Kobe was in his prime too.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Jerry West is EASILY the 2nd greatest Finals performer ever. Behind only the GOAT, Jordan.

The next best Finals performer is probably Bird, then Wade. If Shaq didn't have such a flat out stinker in 2006, and a weak 2004 ... he could've challenged Mr. Logo for the number 2 spot.

If LeBron took the disrespectful wide open jumpers given to him all series by the Spurs, the same way MJ made the Blazers pay in game 1 giving him the open three in the '92 Finals, the Heat wouldn't have needed 7 damn games to beat that old, decrepit Spurs team.
    How're you gonna blame Shaq for '04? They were just completely outmatched. He did run out of gas but he's the last person I'd blame for the Lakers losing that. The only weak Finals Shaq had is '06 and he was out of his prime by that point.

According to another Kobe stan, LeBron's prime was in his second year. Kobe was in his 4th year in those Finals. Therefore Kobe was in his prime too.

lmao.. you can't really argue with me can you? Have to resort to some other imaginary "kobe stan" and saying stupid things

Fact: your boy dropped 8 points in his prime in a finals games. We can talk about the Spurs series too if you want, I think he averaged like 6 TO's per game? You want to make a thread about who averaged the most TO's in a finals series too?

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    How're you gonna blame Shaq for '04? They were just completely outmatched. He did run out of gas but he's the last person I'd blame for the Lakers losing that. The only weak Finals Shaq had is '06 and he was out of his prime by that point.
    Shaq was out of shape, didn't command his teammates to get him the ball to pick up for Malone's injury ... and Kobe's selfish agenda gunning. If he was a great leader, the soldiers would've fell in line accordingly. I felt like if everyone was slacking, and he was having his way with Ben Wallace, he should've put up more than 27 ppg.

Shaq's 2006 Finals was incredibly weak. He didn't even perform like a solid second option. It was literally option #1: Wade, option #2: The Refs. Shaq was busy getting locked up by who? Eric Dampier? That Finals immediately drops him out of contention for top five Finals performer.

I obviously didn't get to see West play in context, but all facts or stories I've read tell me he was super clutch. His numbers in the Finals were absurd. 2nd greatest Finals performer, easily, of all-time.

The two best Finals performers I've seen with my own two eyes, on the game's biggest stage? MJ, and Wade. Even last year, while injured Wade came through when they needed him to most. He always raises his game on that stage.

Good college starter

lmao.. you can't really argue with me can you? Have to resort to some other imaginary "kobe stan" and saying stupid things

Fact: your boy dropped 8 points in his prime in a finals games. We can talk about the Spurs series too if you want, I think he averaged like 6 TO's per game? You want to make a thread about who averaged the most TO's in a finals series too?
    Kobe actually average more TOs in the '04 Finals. So... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Kobe actually average more TOs in the '04 Finals. So... yeah
    Oh really? way to talk out of your ass.

Kobe averaged 3.6 TO per game.
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/2003...als_stats.html

Lebron averaged 5.75 TO per game
    http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/stats/2...als_stats.html

Are all Lebron stans like this? Pulling crap out of thin air and knowing nothing about basketball at all?

Here's the post: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=322903

And Kobe's '04 Finals was worse than LeBron's tbh. Dem shooting percentages doe. And you can argue that was the start of Kobe's prime.

Here's the post: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=322903

And Kobe's '04 Finals was worse than LeBron's tbh. Dem shooting percentages doe. And you can argue that was the start of Kobe's prime.
    Damn, and I just posted the links above. If that was the start of Kobe's prime, then Lebron in 2007 was definitely starting his prime too

Kobe's 2004 FG: .381
    Lebron 2007 FG: .356

You lebron stans make this too easy

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Shaq was out of shape, didn't command his teammates to get him the ball to pick up for Malone's injury ... and Kobe's selfish agenda gunning. If he was a great leader, the soldiers would've fell in line accordingly. I felt like if everyone was slacking, and he was having his way with Ben Wallace, he should've put up more than 27 ppg.

Shaq's 2006 Finals was incredibly weak. He didn't even perform like a solid second option. It was literally option #1: Wade, option #2: The Refs. Shaq was busy getting locked up by who? Eric Dampier? That Finals immediately drops him out of contention for top five Finals performer.

I obviously didn't get to see West play in context, but all facts or stories I've read tell me he was super clutch. His numbers in the Finals were absurd. 2nd greatest Finals performer, easily, of all-time.

The two best Finals performers I've seen with my own two eyes, on the game's biggest stage? MJ, and Wade. Even last year, while injured Wade came through when they needed him to most. He always raises his game on that stage.
    Shaq not getting the ball more in '04 had to do with Kobe's selfish agenda, as you said. He was out of shape and that did affect his stamina, but still, he averaged solid numbers. '06 was weak. Agreed.

So that's like one, or arguably two weak Finals. Every other Finals, he completely dominated everyone out there. Now, Wade was great in '06 and '11, and had a solid performance in '12 as the second option but imo that doesn't match what Shaq did during his first three-peat in the Finals.

And Kobe's '04 Finals was worse than LeBron's tbh
    No it wasn't. They were both selfish, in different ways. At least Kobe, even if selfishly gunning for Finals MVP status was playing ... HARD, trying to get buckets.

What was prime LeBron doing, against an inferior team? Standing around, not even trying, being completely nonexistent out there. Getting lite up by 6th men, and role players.

No excuses, LeBron's 2011 is the worst performance on the big stage from a superstar I've EVER seen. Then Kobe's 2004. Not simply for the poor performance, because of the obvious agenda in both cases behind them.

LeBron almost seemed salty Wade was playing so well, he looked like a pouting younger brother when Wade scolded him on TV in Dallas. He was being selfish, and visibly looked disinterested in trying.

I thought we were talking about the Dallas series? All of sudden you bring up the 2007 series.

Good college starter

Oh really? way to talk out of your ass.

Kobe averaged 3.6 TO per game.
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/2003...als_stats.html

Lebron averaged 5.75 TO per game
    http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/stats/2...als_stats.html

Are all Lebron stans like this? Pulling crap out of thin air and knowing nothing about basketball at all?
    My bad. Thought you were only referring to the '04 and '13 Finals. Though you don't have much of a point considering that Cavs team was a historically weak Finals team.