Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo will be a top 10 player (Greek Freak Discussion)

does he have the biggest hands in the nba or something?

Default Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo will be a top 10 player (Greek Freak Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Yeah, you'd be so lucky.
    Darn tootin

Guys with big hands generally never get a consistent jump shot.

I wonder if he will out on weight to focus on developing into more of a post player.

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    does he have the biggest hands in the nba or something?

I believe (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that Greg Smith of the Houston Rockets has the largest hands ever measured at the NBA combine.

Regarding Giannis, I think as others have said that it's unfair to "expect" him to become a top 10 or top 5 player in the league. He may become an absolute defensive juggernaut but peaks at 15ppg (for example, no one would call Tony Allen anywhere near a top 10 or even 25 player) Or, he may become a 20+ ppg scorer, it's too early to say.

I have very high hopes on the kid. If he is able to keep his fantastic mindset (read his blog posts) then he can become something really great. He can hit 3s (very inconsistently) and I saw a highlight where he Dirk'ed someone and he's very young, but no way to tell if he will have a good shot.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Alot of threads on this guy for some reason. Seems like they all ask the same questions

He has tremendous talent obviously, but he was just the 4th to 5th best player on Greece's under 20 national team, and just a role player in the Greek 2nd division.

Regardless of him starting in the NBA at age 19......it does not mean jack shit, because it's on a terrible tanking team in the NBA regular season, that is trying to lose on purpose. So that literally means jack shit.

He has incredible talent, but he has not really shown anything more than talent yet. Still though, his talent is incredible.

Banned

EuroLeague be like "he's amazing but calm down, he's only amazing".

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    EuroLeague be like "he's amazing but calm down, he's only amazing".

Euroleague be like "he's amazing but calm down, he's just a Greek league role player. Ain't nothin special over there"

Giannis will be a hall of famer. Mark my words, peak prime averages of 19/17/8.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Euroleague be like "he's amazing but calm down, he's just a Greek league role player. Ain't nothin special over there"
    He never played in Greek League genius. He played in Greek 2nd Division, and yes, he was a role player.

He has huge talent. But he is just a talent, with great skills. The Bucks could not win more than 1-2 games in Euroleague, if even that.

Let's not get carried away here.

Talent level = huge.

That's all we can say for now. However, the people that compare him to Batum are idiots. He's way more talented than freaking Batum.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-17-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He never played in Greek League genius. He played in Greek 2nd Division, and yes, he was a role player.

He has huge talent. But he is just a talent, with great skills. The Bucks could not win more than 1-2 games in Euroleague, if even that.

Talent level = huge.

That's all we can say for now. However, the people that compare him to Batum are idiots. He's way more talented than freaking Batum.

Talent level = huge.

Bucks would be banned from Euroleague for being too good. It would like letting Kentucky play against High School teams.

Tell me how well did Greece do against the powerhouse Nigerian Olympic Basketball team?

Banned

Yaw-nis An-teh-to-coom-bo.

Yawnis Antehtocoombo.

Talent level = huge.

Learning to shoot layups

He's way behind KD offensively when he entered the league, but defensively way better, and a solid play maker. He's got a long way ahead offensively but should be reach his potential, he'd be like a better Marion, pushing out 20 and 10 with a more assists. But that's again, not realizable at this moment, but the potential is certainly there.