Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by sirkeelma
    LOL watch UFC often, you talk like you only watch MMA once or twice. It's not alll about size. You need proper training, discipline and courage to survive MMA fights.
    It isn't all about size, but height, length, and strength impact what a fighter can do. There's only so much a fighter with those disadvantages can do no matter how skilled he is. You are talking as if Shaq has no experience vs a guy who does have experience. In that scenario, the experienced and skilled fighter will win. But if both have trained and both are skilled fighters, then the size and strength do become a huge factor.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Unlike most, I wouldn't bet on it till I actually saw Shaq fight.

And we know he can put on more weight if he needed too.

National High School Star

Shaq doesn't have a comptetitive backround in fighting or wrestling. At least Brock had traditional wrestling, which is considered one of the best bases to start off in mma. Also it would really be difficult for Shaq to make weight I think.

Back in the day when they still had weekly boxing shows on there would always be some nfl player trying to make it in to professional boxing. They'd look like giant video game characters, just rediculous physiques. One time they had a monster of a nfl player fight some old man with stick thin arms. The only reason why they were in the same weight class was because this guy had a huge potbelly. The old guy didn't even have good technique, all he had was a looping right haymayker that he telegraphed. The sad thing was that I think it was still enough to ko the giant nfl player. (Don't remember how exactly it ended but it was embarrassing for the nfl player.)

Shaq in MMA would be scary if he actually seriously trained for it. Particularly considering how lean he'd have to be to make weight with his already giant frame.

If Lesnar wins, it'll give new meaning to Hack-A-Shaq. If Shaq wins, it'll be embarassment to Lesnar?

I rule the local playground

This is why I think the whole Shaq in Cleveland thing is destined to fail, his head seems to be everywhere but on the basketball court for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666

Ahahahahaha, Brock beats shaq with a takedown; and pummels his ass case closed. Anyone who honestly thinks shaq wins is a ****ing moron
    Wow you are stupid. Brock isn't stronger than Shaq. Depending on Shaq's takedown defense, it might not be such an easy task. Shaq was pretty damn agile on the court for a guy his size, even when he was overweight and not committed to getting in shape. Even if he gets him down, it's stupid to assume Shaq has no guard, and also stupid to assume his reach and strength are meaningless in the guard. Brock relies a lot on his physical strength to ground and pound, and that advantage he has over other fighters evaporates against Shaq.

Oh also he will overwhelm shaq. He didn't beat randy with size, he beat him with strength/speed. He has both advantages over shaq
    Shaq has at least fifty pounds and a foot on Brock. If Shaq is a good fighter and developed in his 10 years of training, then to assume he would be easily dominated is the moronic viewpoint.
    Last edited by Showtime; 07-17-2009 at 05:18 AM.

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Shaq is 7'2'' Brock is 6'3'' Shaq will kill him. Skills will only get u so far, but huge size difference will eventually overwhelm.
    Any UFC fighter would win over Shaq. It's the other way around. Skill always wins over size. Specially in this one cause Brock ain't that small

National High School Star

You guys are underestimating skill and experience. Seriously. Look at tim sylvia, the guy towers over his opponents, and even with training professionally in MMA for a long time, he still stinks. Being huge and strong isn't enough. Brock doesn't win just based on on overpowering his opponent. If that were the case he wouldn't have been kneebarred by Mir in their first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
    Any UFC fighter would win over Shaq. It's the other way around. Skill always wins over size. Specially in this one cause Brock ain't that small
    If Shaq has trained for a decade, then why do you assume he has no skill? You idiots are thinking this is just an average joe boxer or something with no MMA experience. In that case, of course the experienced MMA fighter will win. But that is not the case, according to this information.

The rule that the skill > size/strength is a myth if both fighters are well trained and experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    You guys are underestimating skill and experience. Seriously. Look at tim sylvia, the guy towers over his opponents, and even with training professionally in MMA for a long time, he still stinks.
    You are killing your own argument. He stinks NOW, but he held the title in the UFC. So your point is moot.

Being huge and strong isn't enough. Brock doesn't win just based on on overpowering his opponent. If that were the case he wouldn't have been kneebarred by Mir in their first fight.
    Brock has skill, but his superior strength makes it much easier to implement his skills on the ground. Physical superiority helps a skilled fighter execute said skills easier. It provides a big advantage.

Thats what Mir said and Brocks only got 20 pounds on him not a foot and 50. Shaq vs Brock if Shaq can fight like he says would be like Brock mauling a 205 Minotoro Nogueira for example.

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoTM
    Thats what Mir said and Brocks only got 20 pounds on him not a foot and 50. Shaq vs Brock if Shaq can fight like he says would be like Brock mauling a 205 Minotoro Nogueira for example.
    Lesnar is skilled fighter, no matter what people say, so the difference between Lesnar and Mir is way smaller than between Shaq and Lesnar. Right now if Shaq gets in the ring, it won't last long

Right now if Shaq gets in the ring, it won't last long
    But it would sell alot of tickets I think. I would tune in to watch it.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Showtime, watch this video and put down the pipe please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRr6y8NRuo

There is really no way that shaq could even last 2 minutes with Brock, skill is almost eveything. He lacks too much co-ordination to become an elite fighter. Check that weak punch on Miller.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Unlike most, I wouldn't bet on it till I actually saw Shaq fight.

And we know he can put on more weight if he needed too.
    He needs to drastically cut weight if he wants to fight. Lesnar has to cut down to about 265 or 245 or something like that to fight i think.