Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks

Banned

Default Twin Peaks

Anyone watch this series?

I've heard good things about it from several sources and had it on my Netflix que for a while, decided to get into it a few days ago. The first episode made it seem like it was going to be an over the top melodramatic soap opera. I liked the second episode, really mellowed out and introduced some interesting characters. And then the third episode.... this.... this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjeRCsoufII

And I'm all like

Gonna have nightmares about that damn dwarf.

Default Re: Twin Peaks

Best intro ever.

I'm gonna guess that vid is of the midget in the red room?

Twin Peaks :bowdown

One of my favourite ever shows, even if it did flag a bit in the middle with the James storyline and stuff.

Awesome series, one of my favourites, even with the lag in the middle of season 2. Wish they could have finished it off.

Also contains one of the most violent and disturbing murder scenes I've ever seen on TV. It's totally brutal and one of the few things that's ever made me uncomfortable while watching.

Watched when it was new on network tv. I loved it but hardly remember anything about it today other than the log lady.

Banned

Just when I thought the midget threw me for a loop, dem n*ggas went ahead and got a giant in there. I was like Homer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_eTYwKoBE

This show is like a soap opera written by Lucifer, it's bugged out... but I can't turn away

I watched the series when I was really young and then decided to watch it again like 6 years ago. It's one of my favorite shows of all time.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i always see this show on my netflixs recs but havent watched it cause it looks a bit dated. im looking for a new show to watch, however.

is it still worth watching even though its 20+ years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    i always see this show on my netflixs recs but havent watched it cause it looks a bit dated. im looking for a new show to watch, however.

is it still worth watching even though its 20+ years old?
    Definitely. It's not like it's a show based around contemporary references, or that it's heavily reliant on special effects. Just an enjoyable show to watch.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

the first video game I ever worked on was a Blair Witch Project game...I created half the characters in the game, INCLUDING a character that directly referenced Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bla...t_(video_games)

The game contains references from David Lynch's Twin Peaks. There are several references in the game, most notably a Dale Cooper facsimile making a cameo appearance in the Burketsville Diner, directly using quotes from the television show ("Damn fine cup of coffee... and Hot!"). His name is given as "Hale" only when chatting to him while the town sheriff is present.

^^^ we called him "Hale" (sitting on the right, only crappy screen shot I could find)...one of the designers of the game was a huge Twin Peaks fan

I made that game almost 15 years ago...been a long time since I thought about it.

when I opened this thread I thought it would be about the food chain TWIN PEAKS

lots of those in Dallas...good food...and good t[COLOR="Black"]ittie[/COLOR]s as well

I saw it when it first debut. I dont recall much of it besides the fact it was spooky, weird, awkward. Oh and my mother was a huge fan, another reason I watched. This scene you posted I remember like yesterday because of that dwarf. Had me shook as a kid. Imagine having to take the trash out after watching this. Scared shitless.

What was this show even about?

Shelly Johnson was one of my childhood crush. Twin peaks was like X Files before X Files. Even David Duchovny had a guest appearance in this show.

One of the best intros in TV History.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCn3LYqCnrk

watched it.... soap opera prime time

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post

Shelly Johnson was one of my childhood crush. Twin peaks was like X Files before X Files. Even David Duchovny had a guest appearance in this show.

One of the best intros in TV History.
    You say you're 37 and 5'10 but you are really 47 and 5'5. Anyone with nostalgia over this show has to be around the half century mark.