Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's Plus/Minus Declines Significantly When Playing Alongside Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

The biggest fukcing asshole of all time, maybe..... complete and utter sewer waste as a human being.
    You have to be able to appreciate the mentality he has and laugh at the stories of Jordan crushing fools and being a ****..

I really don't get all this hero worship
    The hero worship comes from the basketball (for those that don't also appreciate his overall approach to life).

You have to appreciate a guy that could chew up a defender in literally 1.5 seconds so that teammates didn't have to wait - they knew the move was coming right away when he caught it, so they anticipated better and could get in a rhythm playing off him.

and of course with Jordan scoring so quickly, they had all the time in the world to get theirs.. So many times at the of end games, you'd be like "how did he get 47 points?... i didn't notice it"... because of plays like these..

Last edited by 3ball; 10-01-2014 at 02:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's Plus/Minus Declines Significantly When Playing Alongside Talent

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    You have to be able to appreciate the mentality he has and laugh at the stories of Jordan crushing fools and being a ****..

The hero worship comes from the basketball (for those that don't also appreciate his overall approach to life).

You have to appreciate a guy that could chew up a defender in literally 1.5 seconds so that teammates didn't have to wait - they knew when he caught it that the move was coming right away and so they could anticipate better and get in a rhythm playing off him.

and of course with Jordan scoring so quickly, they had all the time in the world to get theirs.. So many times at the end of another big scoring night from Jordan, you'd be like "how did he get 47 points?
    ... i didn't notice it"... because of plays like these..

That's good...at least you admit your thread was agenda driven.

That's good...at least you admit your thread was agenda driven.
    Not at all... Just pointing out the fact that Lebron's plus/minus declines when playing alongside talent, while Jordan's didn't.

The biggest fukcing asshole of all time, maybe. I really don't get all this hero worship for a guy who is complete and utter sewer waste as a human being.
    Because he didn't take a picture with Chamillionaire?

Not at all... Just pointing out the fact that Lebron's plus/minus declines when playing alongside talent, while Jordan's didn't.
    What exactly do you think a +/- is going to look like when you take the best player from a 72 win and 69 win team? It's not mind blowing that Jordan and Pippen have the best +/- when they were on the two best teams record wise since this stat was kept. You think maybe when they went out (while one was still on the court) that maybe the team did alright still because it was a great team in general? They did ****ing win 72 and 69 games, right?
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-01-2014 at 02:54 AM.

But what's Kevin Love's +/- on the Timberwolves?

What exactly do you think a +/- is going to look like when you take the best player from a 72 win and 69 win team? It's not mind blowing that Jordan and Pippen have the best +/- when they were on the two best teams record wise since this stat was kept. You think maybe when they went out (while one was still on the court) that maybe the team did alright still because it was a great team in general? They did ****ing win 72 and 69 games, right?
    Regardless of how many games the team won, when Jordan wasn't on the floor, his team was 980 points worse.

Lebron won 66 games in 2013, but his team was only 720 points better with him on the floor.... Not only is this way less than Jordan's 980, but it's way less than Lebron's own +870 that he registered with his other 66-win team that he had in 2009 with Cleveland!

There is no need to try to twist the numbers here... they are what they are... the only difference in Lebron's 66-win teams was that his Cleveland team had less talent.

Regardless of how many games the team won, when Jordan wasn't on the floor, his team was 980 points worse.

Lebron won 66 games in 2013, but his team was only 720 points better with him on the floor.... Not only is this way less than Jordan's 980, but it's way less than Lebron's own +870 that he registered with his other 66-win team that he had in 2009 with Cleveland!

There is no need to try to twist the numbers here... they are what they are... the only difference in Lebron's 66-win teams was that his Cleveland team had less talent.
    Why would I want to twist numbers? I'm not a Lebron fan...I could give a flying **** about him.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Because he didn't take a picture with Chamillionaire?

Dude has all kinds of human garbage stories about him

For one, straight out asked a fan if he can bone his wife

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Dude has all kinds of human garbage stories about him

For one, straight out asked a fan if he can bone his wife

Why do you care about MJ's personal life?

You appreciate basketball right? I mean, that's why we appreciate MJ...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

You appreciate basketball right? I mean, that's why we appreciate MJ...
    Define this. Basketball as just the way player plays the game?
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 10-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Define this. Basketball as just the way player plays the game?

It's great to be good role models and if basketball players want to be squeaky clean off the court, I'm all for it.

However, athletes should not be judged on off court issues.

Not any of my concern.

Only thing basketball players should be held accountable for is how they went about playing basketball and things related to basketball.

OP's Jordan nut hugging is despicable

Local High School Star

It's great to be good role models and if basketball players want to be squeaky clean off the court, I'm all for it.

Not any of my concern.

Only thing basketball players should be held accountable for is how they went about playing basketball and things related to basketball.

Well thought out answer

Not any of my concern.

i like how all the lebron fans cannot stick to any issues basketball related when it comes to MJ because they literally have 0 arguments for lebron being superior, so they digress and start talking about his off-court issues with hopes of convincing reasonable people that MJ is now a sh1tty basketball player because he tried to bone someone else's wife.