Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How many games does D-wade play this year?

as I've said in another dwade thread I'm sorry to point out the following:

- dwade hasn't been the primary 40 mins per game creator for 4 years
    - his game hasn't evolved to match his decrease in physical prowess
    - the heat will have suspect spacing so that means dwade will be driving in congested lanes
    - he is a great competitor and he'll want to prove he still "has it" so he'll play hard.

That is a recipe for disaster imo. I give him 50 games.

55 is a safe bet

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

70+. He didn't NEED to sit out all those games last season and I think he will be motivated and is going to have this one last great season. His scoring and assist are going to go up for the simple reason that he will have to handle the ball so much. Before Lebron got there, Wade was always pretty much the who ran the offense as Heats pg's were always garbage...and still are. 24/5/6.5/47.5%
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-22-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Dumbass LeTards.

~70 games. 22/4/6 on ~50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    70+. He didn't NEED to sit out all those games last season and I think he will be motivated and is going to have this one last great season. His scoring and assist are going to go up for the simple reason that he will have to handle the ball so much. Before Lebron got there, Wade was always pretty much the who ran the offense as Heats pg's were always garbage...and still are. 24/5/6.5/47.5%
    That isn't entirely true. Yes, Wade could have played more games, but he could NOT have played at an elite level without all the vacation time the Heat gave him. We all saw how bad Wade looked by the time the Finals rolled around, and part of the reason he played so poorly is because he wasn't getting to sit out every other game like he was in the regular season. If Wade does play 70+ games this year (highly unlikely), he will look like shit for the last quarter of the season. You can quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    That isn't entirely true. Yes, Wade could have played more games, but he could NOT have played at an elite level without all the vacation time the Heat gave him. We all saw how bad Wade looked by the time the Finals rolled around, and part of the reason he played so poorly is because he wasn't getting to sit out every other game like he was in the regular season. If Wade does play 70+ games this year (highly unlikely), he will look like shit for the last quarter of the season. You can quote me on that.
    The thing is, I think it's the exact oppositte. Missing so many games hurt him more than it helped him. He never established the rhythm or proper game conditioning that comes with playing every night. That was painfully evident in the finals. You criticize Wade's consistency which is valid, but it's hard to be consistent when you're in and out of the lineup. Wade has always been a rhythm player and he looked uncomfortable last year even when he was playing well. The maintenence plan was a huge mistake. The Heat completely mismanaged the situation and it's part of the reason (IMO) LeBron left.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 09-22-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Why do you care OP?? Youre a die hard Cavs fan now

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    The thing is, I think it's the exact oppositte. Missing so many games hurt him more than it helped him. He never established the rhythm or proper game conditioning that comes with playing every night. That was painfully evident in the finals. You criticize Wade's consistency which is valid, but it's hard to be consistent when you're in and out of the lineup. Wade has always been a rhythm player and he looked uncomfortable last year even when he was playing well. The maintenence plan was a huge mistake. The Heat completely mismanaged the situation and it's part of the reason (IMO) LeBron left.
    Guess we will find out who is right this season. As far as your point about Lebron leaving because of the "maintenance program" I agree. I think that is at least half of the reason why he left. Even other players noticed Lebron wasn't happy. Before the playoffs even started Chandler Parsons went on ESPN and said he didn't think Lebron was gonna return to Miami. They called him crazy at the time, but he was right.

Banned

When was the last time Wade played 70+ games the 2010-2011 season? like 4 years ago?

The Holy Trinity

Do you smell it? The LeStan fear?

They know if Wade (especially) and Bosh excel, and Kyrie (especially) and K-Love struggle, it will make James look bad.

LBJ is going for it all, and he has given himself a pathway to GOAT status, but he's also left his flank unguarded.

Hell, it's even possible the media could be perceptive enough to draw the line from Larry Hughes to Wade to Kyrie and identify the common denominator.

And heaven help the stans if Miami ends up not losing a step without LeBron or are better without him...

And GOD SAVE THEM if the Heat were to beat the Cavs in the playoffs...

Be afraid, stans. Be very afraid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Do you smell it? The LeStan fear?

They know if Wade (especially) and Bosh excel, and Kyrie (especially) and K-Love struggle, it will make James look bad.

LBJ is going for it all, and he has given himself a pathway to GOAT status, but he's also left his flank unguarded.

Hell, it's even possible the media could be perceptive enough to draw the line from Larry Hughes to Wade to Kyrie and identify the common denominator.

And heaven help the stans if Miami ends up not losing a step without LeBron or are better without him...

And GOD SAVE THEM if the Heat were to beat the Cavs in the playoffs...

Be afraid, stans. Be very afraid.
    I don't understand this futile attempt to mock LeBron fans across ISH, But I, as well as the rest of the crew fully believe the Heat will go farther than the Cavs, as they are EXPECTED to

Cavs do not have playoff experience, and lack defenders, plus they need at least 1 season to gel together, it is going to be a long process which I accept

Miami on the other hand have no excuses, they have championship experience, Wade and Bosh, plus solid stars in Deng, and Granger, plus new role players like Napier and McRoberts. This team completely retooled their weaknesses. Heck on paper I doubt they are much worse if at all than what they were last season

So to conclude, I fully expect Miami to do better than Cleveland, and its actually the opposite, Miami should do good or else they should be crucified by the media, so sadly you have it in reverse

52 games.

19/5/4
    47% fg

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    When was the last time Wade played 70+ games the 2010-2011 season? like 4 years ago?
    There have only been 2 seasons with more than 70 games since then, and Wade played 69 with 35mpg in one of them (including many inconsequential games sat out during the season). In fact, including playoffs he has played 70+ games each one of the last 4 seasons.

10/11 - played 92
    11/12 - played 72 (despite it being a shortened season)
    12/13 - played 91
    13/14 - played 74

He also played more than 80 games in the two years before Bron came. He's really played a lot of basketball over the last six seasons, and has only missed significant time in one season out of the last 6 (the last one, when his team made a decision to preserve his long-term health after persistent issues), so quit making shit up.

Go suck Lebron's **** boy. When was the last time you said anything that made sense?

60-70 games.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Hopefully no more than 70. Gotta sit out some games to keep fresh.