Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: In order for Rose to stay healthy..

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    I sound dumb but Wade not having an outside shot doesn't make him better and more hard to contained? You don't think Wade will be healthier if he develops an outside shot so that he dont rely so much on his speed and athleticism which will make him less injury prone ? Come on man be REAL.
    I think Wade has maximized his talent. He is what he is. Not everyone has the natural ability to shoot like Curry or Klay. Even then, Wade has carved out a HOF career and has a higher FG% than Kobe or Curry will ever reach.

In a nutshell, you are being unreasonable.

He worked on his J and it's never going to be his biggest strength. B. Roy had a good J but didn't last in the league so your logic is faulty.

You didn't even make your HS basketball team and you are criticizing one of the best ever. Just sounds silly to me as a hooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I think Wade has maximized his talent. He is what he is. Not everyone has the natural ability to shoot like Curry or Klay. Even then, Wade has carved out a HOF career and has a higher FG% than Kobe or Curry will ever reach.

In a nutshell, you are being unreasonable.

He is who he is. You didn't even make your HS basketball team and you are criticizing one of the best ever. Just sounds silly to me as a hooper.
    I understand your point but All I'm saying is for him to have an outside shot meaning to at least be a decent outside shooter. He don't have to be that good like Curry and Klay but at least be able to knock down them shots from time to time.

I admit that I never made the HS varsity team but that was my fault. I had talent and amazing potential but I didn't try my best. I didn't put that hard work and effort to be stronger, not being fit for the game, thinking about myself more than my teammates with not giving a damn about passing and defense. I admit it, but I know that having more skills in your repertoire takes you a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    I understand your point but All I'm saying is for him to have an outside shot meaning to at least be a decent outside shooter. He don't have to be that good like Curry and Klay but at least be able to knock down them shots from time to time.

I admit that I never made the HS varsity team but that was my fault. I had talent and amazing potential but I didn't try my best. I didn't put that hard work and effort to be stronger, not being fit for the game, thinking about myself more than my teammates with not giving a damn about passing and defense. I admit it, but I know that having more skills in your repertoire takes you a long way.

And if you tried your best you couldn't shoot threes as well as a top flight SG. Wade, despite being a subpar jumpshooter, is one of the best ever. He does work on his game... he just isn't built to be a great shooter.

Holy shit I agree with you on Rose and Wade! Glad you're getting it together.

i dont care, he can play his game and what happens happens.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You are right in the way of what's needed for him to have a 12-15 year career. But I see it a little like the niners handling of kaepernick. They want to protect him and shape him into the type of player they can have for 10+ years. But at the expense of giving up on the greatest part of his game (running). So the niners may get 12 years out of him, but is that worth not winning Super Bowls. Run kap into the ground and he might only last a few years, but Super Bowls could have come along with it?

I guess all I'm saying is sure you are right that he will have to change his game up to last, but what good is lasting if you aren't the player you could have been? Rose isn't a max level nba player because he is a shooter, he's there because of his explosiveness. He needs to try to get back to that or else you just have a non elite 20 million dollar a year shooter
    Basically agree with this (although Kaepernick is a little different: he has arm talent, Rose doesn't have shooting talent).

If becoming a great shooter was just about working hard there would be nothing special about the great shooters because everyone would be one. Rose can't just decide to become Steph Curry. It takes a special talent for hand-eye coordination, aim and a few other things along with great work ethic to become a great shooter.

Rose's primary talent is his athletic ability. The reason he's in the NBA is that it's impossible for any one defender to stay in front of him. Think about his skill set. If he's not attacking the basket, what is he bringing to the table? Solid court vision? He'd be Eric Snow at best.

He's probably going to be like Steve Francis or Baron Davis: Great for as long as he has his athletic ability, and after that goes, sorry. Maybe stick around as a vet pg that can run an offense.

Rose's go-to "stay healthy" move is......

Don't play basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Rose's go-to "stay healthy" move is......

Don't play basketball.

You don't like watching him play anyways, so it's a win win situation for you

OP once again shredding anuses with logic, making fools take dumps like dog food sliding slowly out of a can.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    OP once again shredding anuses with logic, making fools take dumps like dog food sliding slowly out of a can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Holy shit I agree with you on Rose and Wade! Glad you're getting it together.
    Hey man, speaking the truth always heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    And if you tried your best you couldn't shoot threes as well as a top flight SG. Wade, despite being a subpar jumpshooter, is one of the best ever. He does work on his game... he just isn't built to be a great shooter.
    He might seemed that way, but its possible if he worked hard at it. Anything is possible. I meant good shooter not great shooter by the way. I mean there's many decent shooters in the league that was formerly horrible shooters right?

Real14 dropping knowledge
    Bizarro world

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Bizarro world

He's been posting well. He dropped the thug talk after having a D & P with the lads on here...

Good for him

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Bizarro world
    He's doing a slow unzipping, whipping it out, and smacking idiots across the face with some long, strong knowledge. Keepin' 'em in lockdown, got morons calling the warden, meanwhile he's moving from topic to topic, bending conversations over and blasting out a shot of facts.