Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default In order for Rose to stay healthy..

..he has to become an outside shooter. He can't rely on his athleticism forever, its going to take a huge toll on his legs and the outcome wont be positive. I like his slashing to the rim style and how fast he is but this decision will make him amazing and have a longer NBA career. I feel like Rose is not being too cautious and taking a big chance on himself that might end up for him being injured again and maybe injured to an early retirement.

You know I'm right about this Rose fans and bulls fans, I just don't want to see this star with great potential go to waste like other stars who had great potential but ended their star ability quick due to career ending injuries. Do you agree?
    Last edited by Real14; 09-15-2014 at 05:08 PM.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: In order for Rose to stay healthy..

Oh my god, I agree with Real14

I think I need an ISH break

For a Knicks fan you made sense for once...smh. lmao no hate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrC1991
    For a Knicks fan you made sense for once...smh. lmao no hate.
    I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Oh my god, I agree with Real14

I think I need an ISH break
    Yea, I just have to be REAL.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

why arent u talking funny anymore

You are right in the way of what's needed for him to have a 12-15 year career. But I see it a little like the niners handling of kaepernick. They want to protect him and shape him into the type of player they can have for 10+ years. But at the expense of giving up on the greatest part of his game (running). So the niners may get 12 years out of him, but is that worth not winning Super Bowls. Run kap into the ground and he might only last a few years, but Super Bowls could have come along with it?

I guess all I'm saying is sure you are right that he will have to change his game up to last, but what good is lasting if you aren't the player you could have been? Rose isn't a max level nba player because he is a shooter, he's there because of his explosiveness. He needs to try to get back to that or else you just have a non elite 20 million dollar a year shooter

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You are right in the way of what's needed for him to have a 12-15 year career. But I see it a little like the niners handling of kaepernick. They want to protect him and shape him into the type of player they can have for 10+ years. But at the expense of giving up on the greatest part of his game (running). So the niners may get 12 years out of him, but is that worth not winning Super Bowls. Run kap into the ground and he might only last a few years, but Super Bowls could have come along with it?

I guess all I'm saying is sure you are right that he will have to change his game up to last, but what good is lasting if you aren't the player you could have been? Rose isn't a max level nba player because he is a shooter, he's there because of his explosiveness. He needs to try to get back to that or else you just have a non elite 20 million dollar a year shooter
    I understand what you are saying. I think he should mix it up, he should not give up on his explosiveness to the basket, but at least limit those moves while having outside shooting in his repertoire. He would be more dangerous to the competition that way, plus he's injury prone and he need to give his explosiveness to the rim a break sometimes.

It's this reason Kobe's lasted so long while Wade is broken down. Kobe worked on his outside game, Wade not as much.

Kobe will play until he's 40, Wade might be done by not even mid 30s. Which is a shame, because he was great.

Rose needs to show improvement in the outside game. Once the rust wears off, I am done making excuses for him.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    It's this reason Kobe's lasted so long while Wade is broken down. Kobe worked on his outside game, Wade not as much.

Kobe will play until he's 40, Wade might be done by not even mid 30s. Which is a shame, because he was great.

Rose needs to show improvement in the outside game. Once the rust wears off, I am done making excuses for him.
    Exactly. Wade should of been worked on his outside game years ago, he would be unstoppable if he did. Kobe is a great example for Rose to follow, and Iverson is a great example to follow as well. What's really sad about this is the fact that Rose is already more injury prone than Wade and Rose only had 4 full seasons thus far. Rose need to work on this ASAP or his all star prime is going to end quicker than penny and grant hill's.

I forgot how many posters in here act like they're experts with their rehashed cliches'.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

No it's because Wade had his meniscus removed

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Exactly. Wade should of been worked on his outside game years ago, he would be unstoppable if he did. Kobe is a great example for Rose to follow, and Iverson is a great example to follow as well. What's really sad about this is the fact that Rose is already more injury prone than Wade and Rose only had 4 full seasons thus far. Rose need to work on this ASAP or his all star prime is going to end quicker than penny and grant hill's.

You sound dumb. Even if Wade had worked on his game day in ad day out since he was a teen (as he probably has), he still won't be a natural shooter like Klay Thompson.

Wade is better at basketball than most people here are at anything they do. Nitpicking his game is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I forgot how many posters in here act like they're experts with their rehashed cliches'.

What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    You sound dumb. Even if Wade had worked on his game day in ad day out since he was a teen (as he probably has), he still won't be a natural shooter like Klay Thompson.

Wade is better at basketball than most people here are at anything they do. Nitpicking his game is stupid.
    I sound dumb but Wade not having an outside shot doesn't make him better and more hard to contained? You don't think Wade will be healthier if he develops an outside shot so that he dont rely so much on his speed and athleticism which will make him less injury prone ? Come on man be REAL.