Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default I have trouble seeing Prime Kobe in any iteration leading this Cavs team to finals...

LBJ >>> Kobe

Kobe was never a great teammate or leader. Player? Yes.

But Kobe was too selfish to ever lead his team to 5 straight Finals appearances.

Anyone who still has Kobe ahead of LBJ is delusional.

Default Re: I have trouble seeing Prime Kobe in any iteration leading this Cavs team to finals...

Lebron's shooting worse than Kobe did in the playoffs, and the Cavs are still going to sweep.

Default Re: I have trouble seeing Prime Kobe in any iteration leading this Cavs team to finals...

Yeah Kobe's a total scrub; the east would've made him look irrelevant.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

leader? what is that really.
    If you can play you will play, if you have focus you can play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Lebron's shooting worse than Kobe did in the playoffs, and the Cavs are still going to sweep.
    Word.

The ISH'ers Champion!

It's normal for LeTard fans to make a few Kobe troll threads after getting owned all week. The worst is yet to come and I fear for Lebron stans once the Finals are over

It's not going to be 2011 all over again but it will be up there, probably worse than 14 - I mean 2/6. You drop out of the Kobe conversation automatically, no more if's and you'll have a hard case for Top 10. Worse case scenario for LeTards.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 05-24-2015 at 10:35 PM.

Banned

This team is the same as Kobe's 2006-07 Lakers

Kobe -Pathetic 1st round fodder

LeBron - championship contender

Thats the difference

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    This team is the same as Kobe's 2006-07 Lakers

Kobe -Pathetic 1st round fodder

LeBron - championship contender

Thats the difference
    You don't see Lebron going up against the MVP in the first round to 7 games. We will see him get swept in the Finals. Much more gratifying.

College superstar

The talent Kobe played with in the 2008-2010 playoffs wasn't even been that impressive, especially 2010. The Lakers had three below average starters in the playoffs. Fisher was poor. Artest was a huge liability after the first round. Bynum was struggling with injury and had limited mobility (averaged 7/6 after the first round, and 6/4 on below 50% in the '09 playoffs). If he had a healthy Bynum, a prime Artest, a great bench, I'd accept the "stacked" argument but that's not what he's won with in '09 and '10. His playoff roster just wasn't that special, especially in comparison to past championship teams.

Players putting up 30/6/6 on 57 TS% in three consecutive Finals runs don't grow on trees (and definitely aren't getting carried due to a "stacked" roster - or they wouldn't be averaging 30 in the first place). Only Jordan, Shaq and Hakeem I'd say have had better three year runs in the playoffs over that.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 05-24-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Banned

Lol kobe took gasol and scrubs to the finals in the west 3 straight times

I think he can beat the marcus smart celtics... then beat an injured bulls team.. then take out a team that barely scraped by 40 year old pierce..

Annnnd.... /thread

We talking about the same guy who took Fisher and Bynum to 3 finals in the WESTERN conference?

Hold this L OP

L
    L
    L
    L
    L
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Honestly I have trouble seeing Kobe drop a total of 4 FGs in a 6

game finals in the 4th quarter...

L
    l

Hold another L

L
    Last edited by FreezingTsmoove; 05-24-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    The talent Kobe played with in the 2008-2010 playoffs wasn't even been that impressive, especially 2010. The Lakers had three below average starters in the playoffs. Fisher was poor. Artest was a huge liability after the first round. Bynum was struggling with injury and had limited mobility (averaged 7/6 after the first round, and 6/4 on below 50% in the '09 playoffs). If he had a healthy Bynum, a prime Artest, a great bench, I'd accept the "stacked" argument but that's not what he's won with in '09 and '10. His playoff roster just wasn't that special, especially in comparison to past championship teams.

Players putting up 30/6/6 on 57 TS% in three consecutive Finals runs don't grow on trees (and definitely aren't getting carried due to a "stacked" roster - or they wouldn't be averaging 30 in the first place). Only Jordan, Shaq and Hakeem I'd say have had better three year runs in the playoffs over that.
    Except that they were the favorite team in every series, and now Kobe stans are trying to re write history making it seem as if Kobe had the the Cleveland Cavaliers going up against a league filled the 86 Celtics, 1996 Chicago Bulls, etc, etc.

This is so funny. Imagine going back to 2010 and arguing that the Lakers had a shitty team, giving Kobe a huge disadvantage against all these other juggernauts.

Very good NBA starter

Went to three straight Finals and won back-to-back titles with a 2nd-tier star in Pau and a bunch of role-players in a infinitely tougher conference, but wouldn't be able to make the Finals against historically bad comp in a historically weak conference?

Good one.

Let's just make threads without reviewing the history of the player we are discrediting. Typical brontard logic.