Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 MLS Thread

Default Re: 2014 MLS Thread

[QUOTE=netsfan549]Yankees stadium

INCREIBLE! Xavi ha aceptado de ir a jugar en los New York Redbull despu

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    UGH, that sucks. Why not City? Go from Queens to Queens, makes no sense to make people go to the Bronx then move to Queens.

Yankees and Manchester city both own the team..I am guessing we will be able to watch them play on Yes network

Quote Originally Posted by netsfan549
    Yankees and Manchester city both own the team..I am guessing we will be able to watch them play on Yes network
    UGH, they are owned by the Yankees.

Red Bulls feel closer all of a sudden.

High School Starter

Anybody else sad to see camilo go? cuz i am

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    For what he did? No. 2.2 mil$ stuffing in Caps' mouth for a guy who basically tears his contract apart and walks away?

I'm sad for Robbo and the Caps though.

I love watching him play true talent there..

Apprently Forlan rejected offer from MLS.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Don't really know what Philly was doing with that selection. Don't understand that logic at all and Blake to me sounds completely overrated. Best goal keeping prospect in the past 15 years? LOL, This is the MLS and college soccer and the guy can easily bust.

Worst of all the guy is what 24? Hardly the age for a prodigy and Zac MacMath is actually younger and was considered a can't miss GK prospect as well. I also heard they have one of the top keepers in their youth academy as well.

Just seems strange moving up to the first overall pick and selecting a position that they didn't need

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Don't really know what Philly was doing with that selection. Don't understand that logic at all and Blake to me sounds completely overrated. Best goal keeping prospect in the past 15 years? LOL, This is the MLS and college soccer and the guy can easily bust.

Worst of all the guy is what 24? Hardly the age for a prodigy and Zac MacMath is actually younger and was considered a can't miss GK prospect as well. I also heard they have one of the top keepers in their youth academy as well.

Just seems strange moving up to the first overall pick and selecting a position that they didn't need
    I'm a Union fan and I didn't like the pick either. Apart from the fact that MacMath is only 22 and a year younger than Blake, we have a homegrown prospect in Zack Steffen who's being projected by a lot of scouts as a prodigious talent with the potential to be the GOAT US keeper. He was consistently outperforming MacMath as a 16 year old when he came to train with the Union.

That being said, I sort of understand the Blake pick. Apparently the Union aren't confident that they'll be able to sign Steffen because they think he'll have big money offers from teams in Europe and they're not at all happy with how MacMath has played. Getting Blake on a Generation Adidas deal means that he won't count against the cap and MacMath can be traded away for allocation money to help acquire a good foreign DP and/or make way for Maurice Edu.

I am intrigued by the other first round pick, Pedro Ribeiro. He's a versatile 6'4" Brazilian midfielder who's apparently really good on the ball. He could have been a top 5 pick but teams were hesitant to take him because he'd take up a foreign player spot.

Did you hear that New York Cosmos just signed Vancouver's first round pick, Andre Lewis? Tough week for the Whitecaps, Camilo forcing a move away from them and their top 10 pick getting stolen away by an NASL team.

Also, what's happen to Patrick Mullins dropping to 11th to Rev? The dude had one of the best college soccer career ever, winning Hermann Trophy two years in a row, the first time in 40 years.

Seems teams opt to choose what they saw during combines rather than college records.
    Last edited by BurningHammer; 01-18-2014 at 01:23 AM.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I'm a Union fan and I didn't like the pick either. Apart from the fact that MacMath is only 22 and a year younger than Blake, we have a homegrown prospect in Zack Steffen who's being projected by a lot of scouts as a prodigious talent with the potential to be the GOAT US keeper. He was consistently outperforming MacMath as a 16 year old when he came to train with the Union.

That being said, I sort of understand the Blake pick. Apparently the Union aren't confident that they'll be able to sign Steffen because they think he'll have big money offers from teams in Europe and they're not at all happy with how MacMath has played. Getting Blake on a Generation Adidas deal means that he won't count against the cap and MacMath can be traded away for allocation money to help acquire a good foreign DP and/or make way for Maurice Edu.

I am intrigued by the other first round pick, Pedro Ribeiro. He's a versatile 6'4" Brazilian midfielder who's apparently really good on the ball. He could have been a top 5 pick but teams were hesitant to take him because he'd take up a foreign player spot.

Did you hear that New York Cosmos just signed Vancouver's first round pick, Andre Lewis? Tough week for the Whitecaps, Camilo forcing a move away from them and their top 10 pick getting stolen away by an NASL team.

According to reports MLS owns him

Quote Originally Posted by netsfan549
    According to reports MLS owns him
    MLS has admitted that Lewis is a Cosmos player but they have an agreement to get him on loan/work out a possible transfer.

"MLS has an agreement with Lewis and the Cosmos for him to join MLS and Vancouver, provided certain conditions are met," MLS vice president of player personnel Lino DiCuollo said. "In the event the Whitecaps want to retain the player, as of the roster compliance date (March 1), then he will be with them on a loan or after a transfer from the Cosmos."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...er-draftee-and

Juventus offered 1 million for Sporting Kansas City's home-grown 16-years-old defender Erik Palmer-Brown. SKC turned it down.

Good job. USA Soccer should better not let another promising youngster go to other countries ala Giuseppe Rossi.
    He has no path to Italian citizenship or any other European citizenship for that matter so there's zero similarities to the Rossi situation. It makes no sense for SKC to sell the kid either. He'd have to wait till he's 18 to join Juventus' full time and SKC would have no incentive to develop him.

Young foreign players can earn citizenship if they play in the club's country long enough, can't they? He is just 16. By the time he blossoms into a potential superstar he could have a dual citizenship and opt not to play of the country he was born.
    Balotelli was born in Italy and couldn't get citizenship till he was 18. Also, Palmer-Brown has represented the US in competitions before without being eligible for another country so that makes him ineligible for any other country that he could potentially acquire citizenship in.

Erik Palmer-Brown would have 0 chance at playing for Italy. If he had Italian heritage then possibly there might be a chance but I doubt he'd be on the Italian radar when they are known for producing class defenders.

Interesting the transfer fee was for a million. It would have ranked probably in the top 10 of largest transfers in the leagues history but for KC it's not worth it since the MLS would have received majority of the transfer fee(probably 2/3) Better to have the kid play for the team and not count against the cap while he's a HG signing then in a few years possibly sign him and actually have majority of the transfer fee received by the team.

BTW, the first ever Intra-league loan happened with Tony Cascio going to Houston Dynamo. Lets see if intraleague loans happen and it's a decent way for teams to get some talent in positions of need.

He has only been with U-18. Senior national team is another story. Players who played for one youth national teams opt to represent others as senior all the time.
    It doesn't happen as much as you'd think. Only if there's a heritage link you usually see it happening. Example some players with heritage from the ex-yugoslavia tend to play for Western European youth NT but then switch to their "blood line"(to put it in simpler terms) or the situation with players of North African descent representing French youth teams then switching to North African for senior representation.

You rarely see it happen if the player has no links to the country though.

High School Starter

If Union finalizes Maurice Edu signing, base salary between $480,000 and $600,000,