Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers offer DeAndre Jordan 5 years, 40 million contract

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    guess the lockout didn't do much
    The way it works (I think) is that if the total money paid to players exceeds 51% of BRI the players as a whole must refund the difference to the owners. But individula players can still get huge deals.

Banned

It's a great deal based on potential. Very reasonable for both the team and the player, DAJ.

Now if he becomes a top 5 center in the league, which isn't hard to do these day, then this contract would be a huge bargain.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The way it works (I think) is that if the total money paid to players exceeds 51% of BRI the players as a whole must refund the difference to the owners. But individula players can still get huge deals.
    ah ok i owe you a rep

Serious playground baller Arroyo8's Avatar

DJ is a monster on the Defensive end, i hope the clips keep him around

Considering some schmuck GM will probably give a similar deal to Samuel Dalambert, I'd say this would be a good deal for the Clippers. Plus DJ is Griffin's best bud on the team, so you gotta keep the stars happy.

NBA lottery pick

Lmao Clips have no chance at getting D12 or CPIII if they sign this guy for that much.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Lmao Clips have no chance at getting D12 or CPIII if they sign this guy for that much.
    ...... Even after this deal Clippers have 5-6 mill in cap. Next year everybody comes off the books. We are fine.

I really hope DJ accepts the deal! Our supposedly horrible front office just offered the most fair, perfect contract possible. 8 mill a year is what I've been hoping for all along. It's very fair for the normal, high upside big man who plays defense. Hell some people consider it overpay which the infamous Sterling would never do right? It's also 5 years of stability for DJ. So much for Clippers letting DJ/EJ go and not being willing to keep talent .

This is the first step to turning the ship around.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 12-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    They could still ship off Kaman to a team with cap space for little salary in return, but I imagine he'd be needed in any potential Dwight or Paul trade.

Good college starter

He should be able to get way more than that. He is young and looks like he could be a more athletic Tyson Chandler. If the Clippers get Paul and keep Jordan, everyone will be wondering why they didn't break the bank on DJ

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    He should be able to get way more than that. He is young and looks like he could be a more athletic Tyson Chandler. If the Clippers get Paul and keep Jordan, everyone will be wondering why they didn't break the bank on DJ
    How much more than 8 mill a year should a 7 ppg, 7 rpg and 2 bpg player get??? He hasn't even proven he can play 35 minutes a game as a starter and you think he can get "way more"?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    How much more than 8 mill a year should a 7 ppg, 7 rpg and 2 bpg player get??? He hasn't even proven he can play 35 minutes a game as a starter and you think he can get "way more"?
    Considering the way centres get overpaid it wouldn't surprise me if someone offered him a starting salary of $10 million a year.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm comparing to Tyson Chandler who is asking for 20 million and will probably get 12+ mill despite spending 2 of the last 3 years completely injured. Centers come at a premium and a young center who can potentially have Chandler's effect on teams is going to get some higher bids than 8 mill.

lol really?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Considering the way centres get overpaid it wouldn't surprise me if someone offered him a starting salary of $10 million a year.
    If he gets greedy and forces us to match a dime over 10 mill.... I think Clippers need to consider letting him walk. Or at least signing him then trading his contract. 8 mill is a really fair market value offer. 10 is max the team should go.

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    I'm comparing to Tyson Chandler who is asking for 20 million and will probably get 12+ mill despite spending 2 of the last 3 years completely injured. Centers come at a premium and a young center who can potentially have Chandler's effect on teams is going to get some higher bids than 8 mill.
    He may be close to Chandler in terms of play style and what he can be like in a season or two... but Chandler is coming off being the defensive anchor of a championship team. People are paying for experience. Not only that but Chandler has proven he can play 35+ minutes a game and stay out of foul trouble long enough to contribute to the max.

Just because one player is set to get one of the worst contracts in NBA history doesn't mean DeAndre "should" get way more.