Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Kevin Love will be a stud in the NBA

He has a huge frame, after a season or two training with an NBA team he will be a true beast. I'm glad he's expected to fall so low in this years draft because hopefully my Lakers will have a chance to get him. I see Love as the most NBA ready player and Rookie of the Year candidate out of that draft.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Kevin Love will be a stud in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove
    He has a huge frame, after a season or two training with an NBA team he will be a true beast. I'm glad he's expected to fall so low in this years draft because hopefully my Lakers will have a chance to get him. I see Love as the most NBA ready player and Rookie of the Year candidate out of that draft.
    Put your glasses back on.

Banned

I look for him to be a combo of Brandon Roy/Paul Millsap in that he'll start producing right away and he's so young he's only going to get better

Banned

No he's not!

Decent college freshman

Brandon Roy/Paul Millsap
    So part SG with PG abilities and skill set, combined with a bit undersized post player who rebounds and scores inside? Makes very little sense to me. Clarify this please.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    So part SG with PG abilities and skill set, combined with a bit undersized post player who rebounds and scores inside? Makes very little sense to me. Clarify this please.
    Ohh, I understand what he's saying, he will be perfect.

World Champion WOOOO~!

With a last name like Love, he

Banned

Well no one expected Brandon Roy to do as well as he has in the NBA, everyone just called him a tweener predraft. And Millsap was a steal, he comes in the league and straight up he is a solid PF off the bench. I believe Love's rookie year will be a bit like Millsaps only with his offense and passing he will turn a few heads, kind of like how no one who didn't watch Pac 10 basketball expected Brandon Roy to be so good.

I don't mean that his style of play is a combination of Paul Millsap and brandon Roy and I understand how it looks like that when I didnt post my justification

Cornell Basketball=#1

two key words are bolded. he is saying that he will have immediate production+upside much like Roy/Millsap

I look for him to be a combo of Brandon Roy/Paul Millsap in that he'll start producing right away and he's so young he's only going to get better

Decent playground baller jlawdrummer's Avatar

I don't agree entirely with what the OP is saying...but i'm taking a shot at a guess that when he made the comparison to Roy/Millsap he means a hustle guy like millsap who can score inside and clean up a lot of stuff...combined with having an ok outside shot? I don't know for sure what he means really...I know coming out of high school Love was said to have a pretty nice outside shot, though I haven't had the pleasure to watch him much in college yet. I did see him hit an outside shot or two, at least one three to my knowledge in only 1 or 2 games I've watched.

just my guess.

Edit: Nader got it

Banned

He will add to his hustle points with legitamate skill in the post. His shot and strength will make up for him being abit undersized. He will I believe become a top 3 passing bigman in the league as soon as he gets in. Once he muscles up his studness will show through. Out of all the highly touted freshman, I believe Kevin Love is the most surefire thing

Banned

nbadraft.net
    Strengths: Bruising bigman with a great basketball IQ and feel for the game ... Extremely adept on the block. His post skills are at an NBA level right now ... He showed the ability to create shots against a great shot blocker (Greg Oden) at the Reebok Big Time tournament in 2005. Really creates space well with his size and strength ... A dominant rebounder, hits the glass hard, using tenacity, strength and athleticism ... A fierce competitor. Has a passion and toughness to his game that so many big men lack ... Really understands the game, with great vision and passing ability ... One of those rare bigmen that makes those around him better ... Has great touch around the basket ... A great athlete, his body might give someone the wrong impression at first glance, he has solid leaping ability and agility ... He is extremely adept at sealing his man on post deliveries ... Has great footwork and uses position and leverage well for rebounds ... Long wingspan allows him to play bigger than his 6-8 size ... Outlets the ball extremely well from the post, finding players with perfect full court passes ... A great kid with personality and star potential on the NBA level ...

Weaknesses: Thick legs anchor him to the floor to a degree, especially with regard to foot speed and transition game ... Has decent quickness, but lacks great speed in the open floor ... Better in the half court set than full court but can get up and down the floor when he needs to ... Has had a few arthroscopic knee surgeries in his high school career, but hasn't shown any lingering affects from it ...
    Look at the bigman dribble down the floor
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=OZpljX-jnFk

His uncle is a beach boy.

Love will be the second most productive (first year) player coming out of the draft... right after Beasely.

Love won't drop that low. I'de be shocked if he went anywhere under 5th pick. He's a legitimate post player, and with some NBA footwork training I see him playing much like a Chris Kaman.

Banned

Most people have him going early 20th round! All I can say is those people haven't seen this kid play

j Fresh is baaack! 5 K!DD dribbles's Avatar

Are you the same guy who supports Kwame Brown?
    hmmm I don't know about this...