Default Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Both solid offensively and defensively. Ball handling fairly equal but the nod goes to Joe

Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

I like the celtics.
    I really do.

Probably my favorite non-wolves team in the league right now.
    (I just really enjoy watching home celtics games, I love the atmosphere.)

But I think that with all due respect to Bradley, that team needs to prove they can win. They looked much better with arguebly 2 of their best 3 players back in the fold (Crowder, Horford), but it's way too soon to know if this core is the one you do a title run with.

Bradley, in particular, will demand a big payday come free agency. It remains to be seen if Boston will be willing to open the wallet.

The Celtics backcourt consists of.

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumas. Very similar to the Detroit Pistons of yesteryear.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    I like the celtics.
    I really do.

Probably my favorite non-wolves team in the league right now.
    (I just really enjoy watching home celtics games, I love the atmosphere.)

But I think that with all due respect to Bradley, that team needs to prove they can win. They looked much better with arguebly 2 of their best 3 players back in the fold (Crowder, Horford), but it's way too soon to know if this core is the one you do a title run with.

Bradley, in particular, will demand a big payday come free agency. It remains to be seen if Boston will be willing to open the wallet.

Bradley can play 2 because he's able to play bigger. He's a legit 6'2 but you see him match up against 6'6 guards and he can overwhlem them at times.

He's become more than a 3 and D player. He's only 26(Same age as PG) and he knows his role as a starting caliber glue guy guard.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

From a FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL, Dumars was one of the best 6'3 and under guards of all time. When you look at his skillset on BOTH SIDES of the rock, he could do it all for a guard that size. He even played a lot of minutes at PG as well. While Isiah moved off the ball and looked to dominate scoring. In my opinion, Bradley isn't bringing all of this to the table yet. Joe's best scoring season was 23.5 points. His best dimes season was 5.7. All the while providing world class defense. Not many guards in NBA HISTORY were that effective in the two way sense. So let's pump the brakes when comparing Avery to Joe D. We gotta see how he keeps improving.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    From a FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL, Dumars was one of the best 6'3 and under guards of all time. When you look at his skillset on BOTH SIDES of the rock, he could do it all for a guard that size. He even played a lot of minutes at PG as well. While Isiah moved off the ball and looked to dominate scoring. In my opinion, Bradley isn't bringing all of this to the table yet. Joe's best scoring season was 23.5 points. His best dimes season was 5.7. All the while providing world class defense. Not many guards in NBA HISTORY were that effective in the two way sense. So let's pump the brakes when comparing Avery to Joe D. We gotta see how he keeps improving.
    this.

OP showing a flagrant disrespect/ignorance for history of the game making a comparison like that this early.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Quote Originally Posted by bizil

Bradley my favorite player playing right now, but Joe D was on another level defensively. And that's saying something because Bradley is a ****in monster on that end

Dumars was a star. Bradley is good, but not quite there.