Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Executive of the Year - early Predictions?

Here's my list:

Danny Ainge- Boston Celtics
    If Boston wins over 50/Brown proves to be a good pick.
    That Brooklyn Trade appears to be the biggest swindle in modern nba history.

Bob Mayers - Well, it's going to be hard not to give it to him after that Durant thing.

David Griffin- Say LeGM all you want, but this guy is actually doing a good job. Firing David Blatt might've saved the Cleveland sports, and I liked David blatt. But Ty lue seemed like the best choice. Also that Mozgov/Shumpert/J.R Smith trade was genius. Not to mention he keeps getting hungry veterans year in and year out. How much of that is Lebron? I dunno, but if Buford can get credit while riding Pop/duncan, why can't Griffin?

Honorble mention:
    Buford. He won't win it because going back to back is impossible with that award. Or at least, I don't think it's do-able.

Of course were at the very start of the season,
    and the Feb deadline usually shake things up, but still curious on your thoughts.

P.S : I'm a huge Ainge fan. I'm personally rooting for him.
    Last edited by BigKAT; 11-28-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Executive of the Year - early Predictions?

It has to be David Griffin, prioritises fit over talent. He is a ****ing genius.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

the brooklyn/celtics trade is ridiculous, I'm at the point where I hope brooklyn finish in the play offs because I'm kinda sick of boston getting all these lottery picks, being able to chase any free agent they want all the while having a play-off team. possibly the only drawback is if they don't end up at least going the ECF (no one would really blame them if they can't topple Lebron) then it looks like they've squandered it.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    Here's my list:

Danny Ainge- Boston Celtics
    If Boston wins over 50/Brown proves to be a good pick.
    That Brooklyn Trade appears to be the biggest swindle in modern nba history.

Bob Mayers - Well, it's going to be hard not to give it to him after that Durant thing.

David Griffin- Say LeGM all you want, but this guy is actually doing a good job. Firing David Blatt might've saved the Cleveland sports, and I liked David blatt. But Ty lue seemed like the best choice. Also that Mozgov/Shumpert/J.R Smith trade was genius. Not to mention he keeps getting hungry veterans year in and year out. How much of that is Lebron? I dunno, but if Buford can get credit while riding Pop/duncan, why can't Griffin?

Honorble mention:
    Buford. He won't win it because going back to back is impossible with that award. Or at least, I don't think it's do-able.

Of course were at the very start of the season,
    and the Feb deadline usually shake things up, but still curious on your thoughts.

P.S : I'm a huge Ainge fan. I'm personally rooting for him.
    I'm confused. You want to give it to Ainge for something he did 4+ years ago?

And Griff for something he did last year?

Its going to Meyers because he had a 73 win team and he made it better. This is why the award is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

Its going to Meyers because he had a 73 win team and he made it better. This is why the award is a joke.
    I want to give it to Ainge for the Horford signing. (First major FA signing in quite some time.)

And I think Griffin should get it for reloading well around the cavs.

And I think Meyers will win it, yup.

College superstar

GM of the year is pretty similar to MVP, in my opinion, in that the winner is generally given to one of the better teams in terms of record, but a lot of great, and potentially better, jobs are done with teams in the middle of the pack doing what needs to be done.

It is obviously too early to tell, but the candidates that I like:

Clippers -- nothing splashy, but I think enough supporting talent was put on the roster to help them get as far as Paul and Griffin can take them. Assuming they are healthy, they are legitimate title contenders.

Houston -- similar to Clippers in that nothing was super flashy. I like that they chose to not sign Howard, and I like the pieces that they did choose to sign; I think they fit the style/Harden well.

Phoenix -- I like the talent they drafted, I like the trades they made. This offseason was about building for the future and I think they did a good job with getting Chriss and Bender, and not bringing in any flashy veteran to steal minutes.

Those are all under-the-radar teams, obviously. Of course Myers will win; that's been a given from the instant Durant signed there.

Myers will get it. because Durant.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    I want to give it to Ainge for the Horford signing. (First major FA signing in quite some time.)

And I think Griffin should get it for reloading well around the cavs.

And I think Meyers will win it, yup.
    But they are on pace to win FEWER games than they won last year. Which pretty much precludes you from winning unless you go from 73 to 71 or something. And they have starting CUTTING those 1st round picks they were sure were going to land them a superstar.

Here is the list of players the Cavs added from last years team:
    Dunleavy
    Liggins
    Birdman
    Felder

None of them is avg 4.5/gm. Or contributing in any meaningful fashion. Gotta make A move to win the award.

Mitch, for signing Luke Walton.

Lebron James

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

that's typically what exec of the year is. Past achievements.

Griff should absolutely get it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I will wait till June

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antonAC
    the brooklyn/celtics trade is ridiculous, I'm at the point where I hope brooklyn finish in the play offs because I'm kinda sick of boston getting all these lottery picks, being able to chase any free agent they want all the while having a play-off team. possibly the only drawback is if they don't end up at least going the ECF (no one would really blame them if they can't topple Lebron) then it looks like they've squandered it.
    So far the season has been all about Al Horford's health. With him the Cavs are the only EC team they can't beat. without him they look average with some extremely poor rebounding. Assuming he's healthy most of the year and postseason they are second round at worst but Toronto is still probably #2 in the EC.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Myers will get it. because Durant.
    I don't know if he's won one yet but he should have for things he's done with that team in the past. But them getting Durant this year was like when Miami got James in that this is something that the players really decided, the GM just created the cap space for it to happen. He wouldn't be an awful choice because he did at least create the cap space but it's not like he made a great trade or an amazing pick.

Back to Business

executive of the decade- mark Cuban

after winning the ship in 2011...he single handedly screwed the mavs.....haven't been relevant since. had a team that would have competed until 2014-2015.