Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #31
FKAri
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: How does DeAndre Jordan make the All-Star team, and not Rudy Gobert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
He's not a scorer. Did you expect him to start putting up 25/15.
Well it's obvious he can't score on his own. He can't really pass either. He's useless on that end without a gifted PG to throw him perfect lobs. On the other end his claim to stardom sure as hell isn't being the 18th best rim protector in the league. All that leaves is rebounding. He sure is a good rebounder. Let's make him an all-star over a guy who is basically a better version of him (Gobert) and a guy who is the same rim protector (literally identical rim defensive numbers) but doubles his scoring output while facing more defensive attention (Towns).
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #32
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Default Re: How does DeAndre Jordan make the All-Star team, and not Rudy Gobert?

Clippers needs someone who'll represent their team in the all star game. CP3 and Blake are injured.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #33
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobopenguin
dude, u are crazy.

Says one of the dumbest ****ing morons here. I'll take it as a compliment. You seriously believe KAT is anywhere close to Gobert as a defensive player? Jesus.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #34
NBAGOAT
College superstar

saw this from a post on reddit.

"In the most recent Locked on NBA podcast an anonymous coach said he voted for Jordan over Gobert because Jordan has apparently gotten to the level where he knows all of the opposing team's plays and Gobert isn't there yet. So while the stats favor Gobert I could see why the coaches would find Jordan harder to play against if this were the case and why they voted for him over other guys."

It's an excusable reason for the coaches to go with Jordan over Gobert and something that most fans cant tell from stats or the eye test but is a big deal for coaches.
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:10 PM   #35
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

"In the most recent Locked on NBA podcast an anonymous coach said he voted for Jordan over Gobert because Jordan has apparently gotten to the level where he knows all of the opposing team's plays and Gobert isn't there yet. So while the stats favor Gobert I could see why the coaches would find Jordan harder to play against if this were the case and why they voted for him over other guys."

It's an excusable reason for the coaches to go with Jordan over Gobert and something that most fans cant tell from stats or the eye test but is a big deal for coaches.

No...they went with him because CP3 and Blake were out and they felt obligated to put a clipper on the roster. No need to dig any deeper
Old 01-26-2017, 08:10 PM   #36
bobopenguin
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Says one of the dumbest ****ing morons here. I'll take it as a compliment. You seriously believe KAT is anywhere close to Gobert as a defensive player? Jesus.

right now u are the only dumb@ss in this forum, same tier with dray n klay.
just gtfo.

"Originally Posted by Kingwillball
KAT should of made it over both of them ..

Lol no. Gobert is better and more valuable..."

that statement alonge u should be banned.

enough, GTFO.
bobopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #37
bobopenguin
College star

and this
"Excuse me? One is a dpoy level defender and the other is a big man who is mediocre...that's a huge gap, genius...especially when they play such an important position when it comes to defense. You have no idea what you're talking about."

kat is mediocre?

GTFO, dumb@ss.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #38
NBAGOAT
College superstar

Quote:
No...they went with him because CP3 and Blake were out and they felt obligated to put a clipper on the roster. No need to dig any deeper

well at least for one coach tht's why. I'm sure some coaches still voted for CP3.
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #39
Kingwillball
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Excuse me? One is a dpoy level defender and the other is a big man who is mediocre...that's a huge gap, genius...especially when they play such an important position when it comes to defense. You have no idea what you're talking about.

KAT>Gobert not even a debate.

Offense KAT>>Gobert
Defense KAT <Gobert
Passing KAT >Gobert
Rebounding KAT = Gobert
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #40
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobopenguin
and this
"Excuse me? One is a dpoy level defender and the other is a big man who is mediocre...that's a huge gap, genius...especially when they play such an important position when it comes to defense. You have no idea what you're talking about."

kat is mediocre?

GTFO, dumb@ss.

I was saying his DEFENSE was mediocre you slow ****ing dimwit. Try and use that acorn in your skull and pay attention.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #41
bobopenguin
College star

Quote:
I was saying his DEFENSE was mediocre you slow ****ing dimwit. Try and use that acorn in your skull and pay attention.

just stop, cos everyone is laughing at ur sorry @ss.

everyone knew rudy is DPOY, but every also knew KAT is a better player than rudy gobert.

when ppl tell u KAT deserves all-star before rudy gobert, u just need face the fact and take it.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:25 PM   #42
alenleomessi
L

why arent you idiots arguing the obvious.. gobert or hayward.. who is more valuable to the jazz.. i think the answer is clear.. hayward has no business going to the all star game.. same with DJ and millsap.. but when you are top 4-5 in the standings i guess you gotta have an all star..

hayward is not even better than wiggins let alone ballers like towns, lillard and jokic.. probably only korver is a worse all star pick then him in recent memory
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #43
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
why arent you idiots arguing the obvious.. gobert or hayward.. who is more valuable to the jazz.. i think the answer is clear.. hayward has no business going to the all star game.. same with DJ and millsap.. but when you are top 4-5 in the standings i guess you gotta have an all star..

hayward is not even better than wiggins let alone ballers like towns, lillard and jokic.. probably only korver is a worse all star pick then him in recent memory

Hayward not better than Wiggins? Lmfao. You went full retard. I agree that Gobert should be over Hayward...but then you went on babbling stupid bullshit.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #44
WayOfWad3
ISH >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

I understand that, but even if DeAndre knows all the other teams' plays, Gobert is still the better defender. From what I've seen this season, he's even better than Jordan offensively as well. DeAndre has been deserving for years and if this is the reason then I'm more cool with it; but if he made if because of Clipper injuries than gtfo
WayOfWad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #45
WayOfWad3
ISH >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

Hayward is indeed better than Wiggins, and Gobert is more valuable than Hayward. However Hayward and Gobert are more valuable and better than DeAndre, that's why I'm angry
WayOfWad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: