Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why couldn't I have been born in the Jordan era?

I'm always talking to all my friends and teammates and we always ask ourselves and each other what it would have been like growing up watching the GOAT MJ play live, and being able to be a fan of the game at such a young age when MJ was slaying everyone. We were really hoping that Lebron could be the next MJ but the unanimous consensus is that Lebron will never, ever be GOAT because he's already forfeited that opportunity based on his performances in past finals. Man it must have been so good watching MJ dominate everyone and be able to grow up watching the GOAT. I feel cheated that I never got to watch him play live. Hearing all these OG's talk about how sweet it was growing up with Jordan has me very envious. 6/6 perfection! Can you imagine!? Oh well. It is what it is.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default Re: Why couldn't I have been born in the Jordan era?

It was incredible. Living in the Chicago area made it even more magical.
    People would have parties throughout the entire playoffs. People would stop whatever they were doing to watch the end of games. I remember going to a couple games as a kid and being amazed at the crowds and the support all throughout the city and suburbs. He really was an icon in every sense.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    It was incredible. Living in the Chicago area made it even more magical.
    People would have parties throughout the entire playoffs. People would stop whatever they were doing to watch the end of games. I remember going to a couple games as a kid and being amazed at the crowds and the support all throughout the city and suburbs. He really was an icon in every sense.

And it wasn't just in Chicago. I moved from Chicago to Dallas when I was 10 ... and there was SO MANY Bulls fan in Texas. All bandwagons. But that's the effect the games greatest, and most aesthetic pleasing player had on fans across the world during the golden age of TV and the booming popularity of the NBA.

Before the cynicism of the internet age in the early 2000s.

Be happy that you get to watch James, Kobe and Duncan. Also you may live longer than the rest of us and may see the new GOAT. All is not lost yet.

I rule the local playground

Actually the 90s were pretty boring. I don't know anyone who was old enough to have watched during the 80s who think the 90s were a big deal. You had Jordan and the rest of the league was boring as hell and even Jordan didn't touch the Bird vs Magic matchup.

Take solace in the fact that you've got longer to live.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

you kids aren't worthy

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    Actually the 90s were pretty boring. I don't know anyone who was old enough to have watched during the 80s who think the 90s were a big deal. You had Jordan and the rest of the league was boring as hell and even Jordan didn't touch the Bird vs Magic matchup.
    This. 90s consisted of 1 super stacked team running over teams with no depth aside from maybe 1 star.

I'd rather watch the 09-10 Lakers with 1 guy carrying his team back to back in a superior era. With Pau Gasoft as the 2nd option.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

you probably would been dead from the combination of AIDS and crack epidemic to be honest

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

True enough. Expansion really mutilated the competitiveness we had in the 80s more than anything.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Be thankful you can post on ISH.

Boring? Look at these gods:

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    True enough. Expansion really mutilated the competitiveness we had in the 80s more than anything.
    The first part of the 90s was insane. Late 80s-early 90s was peak.

I usually hit open layups

What would you say was insane about that part you metion?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Boring? Look at these gods:

Children, you missed out on a glorious era. A time of gods and heroes. A time of legends. Precious few of us here at ISH were so blessed to have witnessed greatness on a nightly basis. I am forever thankful to be privy to such wonders. We shall not see their like again.