Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Spurs had Cooling Fans in their locker room and Heat didn't (2014 Finals Game 1)

ArbitraryWater > Well, not as fancy may precisely mean that they have cooling fans while the visitors don't.

...Surprised no one's mentioned the snakes yet

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Spurs had Cooling Fans in their locker room and Heat didn't (2014 Finals Game 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    How could they know Lebron would be the one that cramped up and not Duncan or Parker?
    This ^

Local High School Star

Seriously people need to leave this topic alone now.... Am I the only person that actually listened to all the press conferences over the last 2 days?????

Ok
    Firstly....... In Duncan's press conference he said the spurs locker room felt like it was "hotter" than what is was on the playing arena.......

Secondly..... In Spo's press conference he said the Miami locker room was actually not that hot at all in comparison to the playing arena....

You don't believe me.. go watch the press conferences... this is what they said... So however this happened.. The result was the Spurs locker room actually ended up a lot hotter than the heats... must be to do with the location in the building...

Now if Spo said the heats locker room wasn't that hot.. How much would the cooling fans help in there??? How much time during the game do the players actually spend in the locker room anyways

Now lets get to another point... there is nothing in rules stating the venue must have air conditioning.... So no rules were broken.... Now if the stadium had a couple of cooling fans.. you think they are going to give them to the heat instead of the Spurs? LOL..... This is the NBA Finals... You think of this occurred in Miami instead.. you think Miami would have given the Spurs cooling fans??? Not a chance in hell.......

People need to gtfo this topic
    Heat lost get over it

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

The more details I hear about it, the more it bothers and annoys me... Really, the A/C suddenly breaks during Game 1 of the NBA Finals, and only the Home Team has cooling fans in their locker room? AND it causes the Opponent's best player, World's best player, to cramp up in the 4th quarter? Where the Opponent had a lead, LeBron goes out and the Spurs turn it around and win?
    Feels like a plot.

I'm sure Spurs don't like the fact he made this public at all... Ginobili saying the locker rooms were hotter has been exposed as lie. Also, the league should honestly look into this. This needs to be investigated.

BUT OH NO JUST ANOTHER BUTTHURT BRAN STAN LOOKING FOR EXCUSES!!

Game 2 can't come soon enough... can't wait for these bitchass spurs floppers to lose.

Edit: Throughout the entire game it felt the Spurs were on the end of some beneficiary fishy calls...
    Ginobili flopping twice leading to fouls, LeBron's putback 2 waived off, Bosh's 3 waived off, soft call on Kawhi to keep them in it at a point where momentum could have swung, etc...

Nothing's more infuriating than legit points being taken away like LeBron's 2.
    I'm neither a Heat fan nor a Spurs fan so I don't really care but if you're complaining about the AC and fans in the locker room then you're missing the point. Visitor's locker rooms have historically been much worse than home team's locker rooms. From being hotter to being run down to whatever. This is a non story. As a basketball fan and sports fan I don't focus on things that are out of a player's control. There is no way in hell, that the Spurs would have done this or that the game shouldn't have been played. Playing in heat is nothing new in this sport or any other. The media is blowing this out of proportion and the sheep are eating it up. As a basketball fan what I was more shocked by was that the game was that close with the amount of times San Antonio had turned the ball over. That doesn't bode well for Miami. When Bron went out, no one stepped up for the Heat and that's what troubling to me. I don't care that he went out. People check out of games all the time for injuries or being sick or whatever. The fact is that all game Miami had difficulty pulling away from the Spurs even though the Spurs were giving the ball away. Then, at the most crucial point in the game, when their leader goes down, no one stepped up for Miami. They are supposed to be champions not a bunch of women. Champions don't make excuses. Instead, they played scared like a bunch of little girls. Wade is and has been a killer in the past and has taken over plenty of games and he looked good earlier in this game but he just disappeared along with the rest if them. All of them looked good til crunch time and then were no shows. That's what people should be focusing on not the AC or who had fans in their locker rooms. That's kid stuff, just play ball. Again, I'm a Sixers and a Mavs fan but most of all I'm a basketball fan. I don't hate the Heat and if anything I dislike the Spurs more than the Heat. This is about basketball and the lack of a response from a championship team with three other dudes in Allen, Wade and Bosh who could have taken over the game but didn't. Who took over the game for San Antonio? Danny ****ing Green. So no, please don't complain about fans and AC. Just ball.

So much anger because the Heat couldn't close out.

When they go back to Miami.... No electricity in the Spurs locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I'm neither a Heat fan nor a Spurs fan so I don't really care but if you're complaining about the AC and fans in the locker room then you're missing the point. Visitor's locker rooms have historically been much worse than home team's locker rooms. From being hotter to being run down to whatever. This is a non story. As a basketball fan and sports fan I don't focus on things that are out of a player's control. There is no way in hell, that the Spurs would have done this or that the game shouldn't have been played. Playing in heat is nothing new in this sport or any other. The media is blowing this out of proportion and the sheep are eating it up. As a basketball fan what I was more shocked by was that the game was that close with the amount of times San Antonio had turned the ball over. That doesn't bode well for Miami. When Bron went out, no one stepped up for the Heat and that's what troubling to me. I don't care that he went out. People check out of games all the time for injuries or being sick or whatever. The fact is that all game Miami had difficulty pulling away from the Spurs even though the Spurs were giving the ball away. Then, at the most crucial point in the game, when their leader goes down, no one stepped up for Miami. They are supposed to be champions not a bunch of women. Champions don't make excuses. Instead, they played scared like a bunch of little girls. Wade is and has been a killer in the past and has taken over plenty of games and he looked good earlier in this game but he just disappeared along with the rest if them. All of them looked good til crunch time and then were no shows. That's what people should be focusing on not the AC or who had fans in their locker rooms. That's kid stuff, just play ball. Again, I'm a Sixers and a Mavs fan but most of all I'm a basketball fan. I don't hate the Heat and if anything I dislike the Spurs more than the Heat. This is about basketball and the lack of a response from a championship team with three other dudes in Allen, Wade and Bosh who could have taken over the game but didn't. Who took over the game for San Antonio? Danny ****ing Green. So no, please don't complain about fans and AC. Just ball.

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    So much anger because the Heat couldn't close out.
    You dont know me personally, I have no issues at all with a clean loss, this just bugged me.. Felt like Heat had this game, and then, well..

You dont know me personally, I have no issues at all with a clean loss, this just bugged me.. Felt like Heat had this game, and then, well..
    And then they didn't close it out. All the talk about ACs and flopping is just background noise, holmes. Its one game...Spurs still have to win three more.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Just wanna say that it's the response to unforeseen things that really measure a championship team. Someone getting sick, going down with a freak injury, whatever. Gut checks, those things make a champion. I mean shit, parker to me looked like he was at about 60% out there. But he was out there ballin. I do not blame lebron at all. Heat fans should be happy it's just gonna be one game. What I mean is it's not like he rolled his ankle. These crazy things happen in the playoffs and the other guys need to step up if they really want it. In game one San Antonio wanted it more. It's just one game.

Kobelicious

this kind of thing happens all the time in european soccer,

i remember when inter face barca (campnou) back then@ 2010 UCL,
    barcelona supporters lit crackers and fireworks all night outside the hotel where inter was staying, and they sprinkled the water when inter was training

thats HCA for you

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    When they go back to Miami.... No electricity in the Spurs locker room.
    excuses for miami

I rule the local playground bukowski81's Avatar

The more details I hear about it, the more it bothers and annoys me... Really, the A/C suddenly breaks during Game 1 of the NBA Finals, and only the Home Team has cooling fans in their locker room? AND it causes the Opponent's best player, World's best player, to cramp up in the 4th quarter? Where the Opponent had a lead, LeBron goes out and the Spurs turn it around and win?
    Feels like a plot.

I'm sure Spurs don't like the fact he made this public at all... Ginobili saying the locker rooms were hotter has been exposed as lie. Also, the league should honestly look into this. This needs to be investigated.

BUT OH NO JUST ANOTHER BUTTHURT BRAN STAN LOOKING FOR EXCUSES!!

Game 2 can't come soon enough... can't wait for these bitchass spurs floppers to lose.

Edit: Throughout the entire game it felt the Spurs were on the end of some beneficiary fishy calls...
    Ginobili flopping twice leading to fouls, LeBron's putback 2 waived off, Bosh's 3 waived off, soft call on Kawhi to keep them in it at a point where momentum could have swung, etc...

Nothing's more infuriating than legit points being taken away like LeBron's 2.
    Werent the Spurs up by two when Lebron left the game?

JUST ANOTHER BUTTHURT BRAN STAN LOOKING FOR EXCUSES!!
    That's exactly what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    excuses for miami
    How is that statement an "excuse"?