Thread: Battlefront

Banned

Default Battlefront

Anyone pick this up? I am still on the fence after playing the beta, would love to hear some feedback

Default Re: Battlefront

I pre-ordered a month ago.

Havent been this excited for a game since GTA San Andreas.

Been getting mediocre feedback. Apparently it's a generic, standard shooter wrapped up in a really shiny beautiful Star Wars skin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Been getting mediocre feedback. Apparently it's a generic, standard shooter wrapped up in a really shiny beautiful Star Wars skin.
    No Halo that's for sure

Banned

I'll probably pick it up when the price drops. Even if it doesn't bring anything new to the table, the original BF nostalgia is enough to make me want it.

Banned

Looks very mediocre. Kind of disappointing, really wanted this to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    No Halo that's for sure
    Thank god.

Must own then.

Great game. Sounds great, plays great, looks great, lots of fun, but lacks some depth that gives Battlefield the replayability.

Probably cave over the holiday, but I'm reeling from the PSU-UM ticket I just bought for this weekend.

Banned

Finally got around to playing this. Must say I'm really disappointed. The game looks really nice but just feels so unmotivated in it's design. The maps look nice but don't feel well laid out or memorable in lay out like good online shooters maps do. Feels hard to get really in to the game. The guns feel too similar too and the having to buy new items thing feels lazy compared to how other games have handled unlocks. Flying is a joke too, most bare bones flying I've seen in a game, everything feels the same while flying and you can't really free control it for moves it seems (unless I haven't figured out how to)

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Finally got around to playing this. Must say I'm really disappointed. The game looks really nice but just feels so unmotivated in it's design. The maps look nice but don't feel well laid out or memorable in lay out like good online shooters maps do. Feels hard to get really in to the game. The guns feel too similar too and the having to buy new items thing feels lazy compared to how other games have handled unlocks. Flying is a joke too, most bare bones flying I've seen in a game, everything feels the same while flying and you can't really free control it for moves it seems (unless I haven't figured out how to)

I ahve to disagree. Especially about the flying, which is one of the most fun things in this game if you are at least decent at it. Once you take out the opposition air force, you can get so many kills on the ground if you are skilled at it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    I ahve to disagree. Especially about the flying, which is one of the most fun things in this game if you are at least decent at it. Once you take out the opposition air force, you can get so many kills on the ground if you are skilled at it.
    Wow you are the first person i've met who likes the flying. Yes you can kill a lot of guys with it but it feels like absolute rubbish. Every ship flies they same and manoeuvres aren't human controlled. It's just so lacklustre and mundane. Try playing the flying only mode without getting bored and disappointed in how much better the game could have been. It's like they based this game on a lazy unbalanced version of COD with barely any content instead of going for something with actual team tactics and vehicle realism like battlefront.