Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Derrick Rose Still Looks Like A Guard

Everyone already knows this.

Certified ISHiot.

Looks like a basketball player to me. And a damn good one without whom the team would suck.

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I stand by what I said unless Rose is dialed in offensively he'll do nothing extraordinary from the point position to get his team easy baskets. Their offense looks ever more atrocious. I saw at least 3 sets in a row where Rose basically put Boozer in position to go ISO against a set longer defender in Pau while standing like a statue doing nothing.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

And Dirk looks like a Small forward when he plays...so what?.... His teammates are flat out not finishing off his creation.....

He's shooting well from the field so now you have to cru about his assists?....comical just comical.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    Rose basically put Boozer in position to go ISO against a set longer defender in Pau while standing like a statue doing nothing.
    I agree with you, this was a mistake. He should've skipped the pass to Boozer and tried to score the ball himself.

Rich Man Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.

TheBluest

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    I agree with you, this was a mistake. He should've skipped the pass to Boozer and tried to score the ball himself.

No come call for a pick and or wait for him to repost by dribbling back out so he can get better position. Not only did he stand their like a statue Boozer had to command him to cut through which resulted in Boozer then having room to face up as Rose defender cleared with him. He drove to the basket and got fouled. Uhhhh Boozer shouldn't have had to tell him to cut......that's basketball 101.

I mean for crying out loud Kobe is making McRoberts/Blake/Ebanks look special and he's a pure 2 guard. Kobe used to be hella selfish but when he evolved as a better facilitator playmaker it made the Lakers more dangerous post Shaq.

Sorry Rose is gonna have to evolve otherwise be prepared to get locked up something fierce by Bron again going home loser.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I stand by what I said unless Rose is dialed in offensively he'll do nothing extraordinary from the point position to get his team easy baskets. Their offense looks ever more atrocious. I saw at least 3 sets in a row where Rose basically put Boozer in position to go ISO against a set longer defender in Pau while standing like a statue doing nothing.
    Ignoring for a moment that Boozer has 2 layups in the last 5 minutes off rickand rolls...and that the Bulls front line missed about 5 layups in a row(3 on one posession)...

Doing nothing "extraordinary" is what "stinks" means these days?

Only greatness equals greatness.

our shooting guard was clutch to end the game.

Certified ISHiot.

I will let the shot he just made speak for me. Rose is legit, don't care what position you want to call him.

BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ postmupndunkit's Avatar

SG or PG who cares? KOBE does..... WE GOT THE WIN

22/5 on 70% shooting making 4 of 6 threes with the game winner after the team went down 10 with him sitting. Storm back....w. On the road.

And the hate will flow anyway. Which is why I say:

Cant please everyone. best to not try.

TheBluest

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkrage
    our shooting guard was clutch to end the game.

Yeah he made the best of a last opportunity as a 2. Kobe choked really bad though which is abnormal the fashion in which he did.

Over a 7 game series Rose needs to stay in pure 2 guard mode otherwise I see results like last year and it may come earlier rather than later.

Otherwise you see results like last year you say? MVP, best record in the league, ECF, and merely...not making the finals when you played a team with more talent?

Rose is what? 21? 22? Hes a 4th year guy coming off an MVP and 62 win season who in his first game this year did exactly what the people hating on him wanted him to do(shoot better...take less shots....finish games).

Hes far from a "If he doesnt change they wont win it all" point in his career. He won more series last season than several hall of famers did in their entire lives.

He has nothing to prove except that he can win a title. To be able to say that at his age is amazing. some of the "purest" points took more talented teams to less success than hes achieved already.

But the internet isnt the place to find people who arent looking to hate I suppose.

I think ive just seen too much of it.