Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default What if Lakers got LeBron James in 2014?

Several teams' executives have told ESPN.com they believe the Lakers are positioning themselves to make a run at LeBron James in 2014, when the Miami Heat star can choose to become a free agent. Recently, Kobe Bryant told CBSSports.com that he sees himself playing only two more seasons (2012-13 and 2013-14) and then retiring at age 35. Bryant said similar things in an interview with Yahoo! Sports over the summer. ESPN.com

Bryant has two years left on his contract, and next season he is scheduled to become just the second player ever to earn more than $30 million in a season. The other was Michael Jordan. Whether or not you believe the ultra-competitive Bryant will follow through with that retirement plan, his statements seem to be a sign that a contract extension or new contract is no sure thing. ESPN.com

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

Default Re: What if Lakers got LeBron James in 2014?

ISH will crash a numerous posters will have mental breakdowns.

You better have some 1337 ass servers by then

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Imagine pauk and the rest of Bron Bron's dickriders.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

0% chance Lebron would even consider that. He's not an idiot, he knows his legacy will take another hit if he leaves his team in his prime for the second time in less than 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    All becoming Lakers fans

What is there to imagine? And what do you mean with "dickrider", i like Lebrons game... then i guess i must be a "dickrider"...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-18-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    0% chance Lebron would even consider that. He's not an idiot, he knows his legacy will take another hit if he leaves his team in his prime for the second time in less than 5 years.
    There no need for him to leave. If he continues evolving his game and remains effective like MJ did post-athletic prime talent will come to the Heat.

If he wins a few more championships even more players will flock to the Heat.

Banned

i could see them doing a sign and trade for gasol and nash to get lebron on a buyout clause... miami rebuilds blows it up... lakers get lebron because kobe just retired and howard is still there needing a running mate...

lebron will say "wtf why would i stay in miami with bosh and a washed up wade when i can be #1 on LA with howard as my robin

yup.. sadly i see it happening too

Oh and he won't be just teaming up with Dwight. He'll likely ask CP3 to join as well. Lebron.. let's just say.. he likes to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    What is there to imagine? And what do you mean with "dickrider", i like Lebrons game... then i guess i must be a "dickrider"...
    Ohh nothing, just a thought of how this board will be if this does eventually go down, and Kobe signing an extension.

Ahh come on now pauk, its more than that between you and him. It's almost gay and weird tbh.

Ohh nothing, just a thought of how this board will be if this does eventually go down, and Kobe signing an extension.

Ahh come on now pauk, its more than that between you and him. It's almost gay and weird tbh.
    Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy that will bandwagon around and/or team fanboy that will get butthurt if he leaves..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and ofcourse i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed... but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-18-2012 at 12:08 PM.

It's weird that you brought up dickriding and finding things gay. No?

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    It's weird that you brought up dickriding and finding things gay. No?
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy and/or team fanboy..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and ofcourse i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed... but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...
    Not sold pauk. Convince me otherwise when the season is underway.