Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Default World Anti-Doping Agency says the NBA's anti-doping program is insufficient

The director general of the World Anti-Doping Agency says the NBA's anti-doping program is insufficient.

"They've got gaps in their program, between what they do and what we suggest would be better," David Howman said.

"They know what we would suggest," added Howman, who calls for the NBA to test for human growth hormone, among other things. "And I would just hope that they would be discussing all of those things rather than just putting them on the side table."

The NBA declined comment.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...doping-program

The NBA doesn't test for HGH?? Unbelievable.

Thoughts?? I'd be gutted to hear of an Armstrong style controversy in our sport, regardless of it was a player I like or not.
    Last edited by SevereUpInHere; 10-18-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Default Re: World Anti-Doping Agency says the NBA's anti-doping program is insufficient

dat jaw.

Default Re: World Anti-Doping Agency says the NBA's anti-doping program is insufficient

Why do people always cry about this shit?
    Especially with Armstrong, if all cyclists are using performance enhancers and he still beats them what's the problem?
    If a bball player is using gh to help an injury heal faster who cares, I'd rather that than him sit on the sideline for a year..

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Someone is probably doing it but most of the best players are on Team USA (including Wade) and they passed Olympic testing. If Durant is on steroids he should get a refund (haha).

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Why do people always cry about this shit?
    Especially with Armstrong, if all cyclists are using performance enhancers and he still beats them what's the problem?
    If a bball player is using gh to help an injury heal faster who cares, I'd rather that than him sit on the sideline for a year..

Are you serious? What about the guys who aren't? So you'd be happy to just see a bunch or roided up dudes running around out there? What about in college ball, should they be able to juice too? How bout junior comps too?

Would you look at Jordan/Kobe/Bron whoever differently if it came out they were using banned substances their whole career?

It's an unfair advantage over your competitors, don't know how people could defend this.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Someone is probably doing it but most of the best players are on Team USA (including Wade) and they passed Olympic testing. If Durant is on steroids he should get a refund (haha).

As far as I know HGH doesn't stay in your system for a long time, would be easy to stop taking it over a couple of week long tournament.

Anyone know about this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    Are you serious? What about the guys who aren't? So you'd be happy to just see a bunch or roided up dudes running around out there? What about in college ball, should they be able to juice too? How bout junior comps too?

Would you look at Jordan/Kobe/Bron whoever differently if it came out they were using banned substances their whole career?

It's an unfair advantage over your competitors, don't know how people could defend this.
    This.

Wow, what a shock...........NBA players and Team USA all on steroids and HGH and getting away with it for years, and they make an announcement like this.

Where the hell have these clowns been? The NBA drug testing is the biggest joke ever.

This is the biggest pile of bullshit. All the Team USA players are doped. Stop being such a freaking moron.

They have all the designer drugs that can pass any test, and the Olympics testing is years behind what labs in the US are doing. You are an extremely ignorant person on this subject if you believe that bullshit you just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    This is the biggest pile of bullshit. All the Team USA players are doped. Stop being such a freaking moron.

They have all the designer drugs that can pass any test, and the Olympics testing is years behind what labs in the US are doing. You are an extremely ignorant person on this subject if you believe that bullshit you just posted.
    Yo it's dat nugga Jayquiz AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Serious playground baller

Wow, what a shock...........NBA players and Team USA all on steroids and HGH and getting away with it for years, and they make an announcement like this.

Where the hell have these clowns been? The NBA drug testing is the biggest joke ever.
    NBA drug test.... David Stern taps microphone and clears his throat.." Is anyone here on illegal performance enhancing drugs?"...long pause and silence from the players...." ok we're all clear then"

I'm sorry, I'm just not an ass like you to go around making accusations with no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by copper
    NBA drug test.... David Stern taps microphone and clears his throat.." Is anyone here on illegal performance enhancing drugs?"...long pause and silence from the players...." ok we're all clear then"

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

After the shit that went down at Penn State, anything is possible. The bigger the name is, the better cover up support they'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    After the shit that went down at Penn State, anything is possible. The bigger the name is, the better cover up support they'll get.
    That doesn't mean it's right to assume that everyone is guilty. I'm not saying the NBA is completely clean. I'm saying we should wait for proof before we accuse.