Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Jordan fanboys in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by CP3PO
    No way he could get 30. He doesn't have Curry's 3 point ability to help him in this era. He would be more in the LeBron 25 ppg area since neither have the job shots to carry their scoring loads in the modern era.
    Jordan would get 30 in any era. He averaged 33 in the postseason, against the best teams in the 80s and 90s. He wouldn't have to shoot 3s. He's Jordan, and the rules favor perimeter players, and the rim protection is not what it was in his era.

It doesn't matter what anyone says, Jordan was the best perimeter player of all-time, and there really is no debate. The only debate is comparing him to the GOAT centers. That's it.

You had entire teams built to stop Jordan, like the Knicks, and they couldn't do it.
    Last edited by Marchesk; 04-05-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Good High School Starter 100grandman's Avatar

There should be no such thing as a Jordan fanboy imo. People that recognize him as the goat just understand basketball better.

If these youngsters saw MJ play, they would just know the truth. But they will just have to learn the hard way, letting the truth sink in as time passes by and recognizing that pretty much everyone who played and coached the game continue to herald him as the GOAT. Even LeBron and Kobe said he is the GOAT. Personally, having watched MJ, I always judge any great player against MJ so in that sense, I'm a bit spoiled. Almost all MJ fans are spoiled because we witnessed bball at the highest level ever played. I understand the young kids who saw Kobe, LeBron or Curry play and they think no one could've been better. But there was.