Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Basketball Genius

Default When was the last time CP3 didn't choke in the post-season?

serious question. dude missed a potential game winner last night, and we all know about his numerous failures. lost with hca to both the grizzlies and the spurs (lost with the hornets in game 7 being blown out by 40+ points iirc), got swept by the spurs in the first round one year, choked a game away in okc by fouling westbrook of all people on a 3 point attempt (goat decision making )

if he loses this series while having hca will he finally be out of excuses?

Default Re: When was the last time CP3 didn't choke in the post-season?

He's already out of excuses. Anything but a W in this series will be disappointing.

Paul seems like the kind of guy that don't mind losing as long as he got money. There's no fire in him.

Learning to shoot layups

Do posters in this thread actually watch basketball games? He is killing the Spurs in this series. He was by a large margin the best player on the court last night and has made SAS point guards look incompetent at times.

Basketball isn't tennis. Sometimes you can play great and your team still loses.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You would figure that by now people would stop with the "If he doesnt ____ right now then___" talk about people with years to go in their primes. Lebron, KG, Kobe, Dirk....people on ISH were on some "If he doesnt ___ this year..." shit for years. Then they do whatever it was....and the people move the goalposts claiming that they didnt ____ enough times.

Chris Paul could lose in the playoffs several more times and have time to...do whatever it is people think he cant. At some point it falls right and the haters hate anyway. But the internet doesnt learn.

Paul seems like the kind of guy that don't mind losing as long as he got money. There's no fire in him.

Some of this shit is just a joke.......

Thats a never watched him play or flat out lying for troll purposes thing there.

Banned

Probably the last time Kobe played in the post-season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

A kobe stan talking shit about a player he would have his mouth on if he ended up on the Lakers. Pat yourself on the back, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I'm open to discussion, not to dissing. Show me your reasons to think otherwise.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That isnt an issue to discuss. You might as well have said Allen Iverson didnt play hard. Its just beyond all question. A disingenuous statement made to start an argument and nothing more. Nobody could follow the NBA...watch him play...and conclude that Chris Paul is lacking in will to win or competitiveness.

Its trolling or ignorance. No other option.

Series is tied 1-1 and he's choking already, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9R9GtsIjc

Serious playground baller

I'm open to discussion, not to dissing. Show me your reasons to think otherwise.
    If you dont see how hard he competes on both ends on the floor and say he has no fire in him, you are a flat out hater.

Even Kobe bryant has said that chris paul is one of the few players in the league that share the same competitive fire as him.

The game just gets easier with Chris Paul,” Bryant said before comparing himself to Paul. “He’s a dog. He’s going to fight to win, and not too many teams can deal with him.

“Chris Paul is really the only other guy in the league, other than Derrick Rose, who also has that competitive edge.”
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...se-chris-paul/

Learning to shoot layups

Chris Paul has his flaws as all players do but it is obvious watching him play and his demeanor that he cares deeply about whether his team wins. He doesn't wear a stoic mask that hides his emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by sp6r=underrated
    Do posters in this thread actually watch basketball games? He is killing the Spurs in this series. He was by a large margin the best player on the court last night and has made SAS point guards look incompetent at times.

Basketball isn't tennis. Sometimes you can play great and your team still loses.
    Parker ain't healthy, so ofc he is killing them...

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You would figure that by now people would stop with the "If he doesnt ____ right now then___" talk about people with years to go in their primes. Lebron, KG, Kobe, Dirk....people on ISH were on some "If he doesnt ___ this year..." shit for years. Then they do whatever it was....and the people move the goalposts claiming that they didnt ____ enough times.

Chris Paul could lose in the playoffs several more times and have time to...do whatever it is people think he cant. At some point it falls right and the haters hate anyway. But the internet doesnt learn.

Thats a never watched him play or flat out lying for troll purposes thing there.
    you need to stop this weird habit of yours where you go around and say "it doesn't matter if player a continues to fail...he's still top 10 and nothing else can change that."

i might be exaggerating a bit but still the premise is the same. not enough people on these forums hold cp3 accountable for anything no matter the circumstances.

he chokes away a lead to okc? "he was supposed to have lost that series."

he gets swept by the spurs and beaten by the lakers? "he was supposed to lose."

lose to the grizzlies in the first round? "blake and dj got dominated by zach and marc" even though mike conley virtually outplayed him too.

miss a potential game winner yesterday? "it wasn't a choke he just missed a game winner that's all" <---someone legit said this

and then you get ridiculous statements like "best pg since magic" with no wcf appearances or rings.

someone please call it like it is. chris paul isn't the caliber of winner everyone tries to make him out to be. you can be as "competitive" as you want but what's the point if it never leads to anything tangible like a championship?