Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Parsons had zero fear of Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Maybe last year's Parsons and Ariza at his absolute best is somewhat close...but Parsons under a legit coach in Carlisle, another year of improvement/development, and having somewhat of a green light is going to make the comparison laughable by the end of the year. Parsons is gonna be a fringe all-star caliber player by the end of the season. Ariza is gonna be watching the playoffs from home.

Spreading that Houston/Harden love

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Went to check basketball reference to see if it was true. No surprise....it wasnt.
    What do you mean?

Maybe last year's Parsons and Ariza at his absolute best is somewhat close...but Parsons under a legit coach in Carlisle, another year of improvement/development, and having somewhat of a green light is going to make the comparison laughable by the end of the year. Parsons is gonna be a fringe all-star caliber player by the end of the season. Ariza is gonna be watching the playoffs from home.
    I dont know about that green light. Like I said he is still a third option and the rockets basically had licence to chuck, do whatever they want.

I think Carlise said he might be trying to copy the Spurs role, in which Parker led the team in scoring at like 17ppg.
    I mean if Aria is out here chucking 3s at a reasonable rate.

Banned

I dont know about that green light. Like I said he is still a third option and the rockets basically had licence to chuck, do whatever they want.

I think Carlise said he might be trying to copy the Spurs role, in which Parker led the team in scoring at like 17ppg.
    I mean if Aria is out here chucking 3s at a reasonable rate.
    I think there will be games where Parsons is the 1st or 2nd option.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Parsons fits miraculously with the Mavs offense.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    I think there will be games where Parsons is the 1st or 2nd option.
    That's not how basketball works. There will be games where he leads the team in scoring, yes.

But when the offense needs a basket or a runs a crucial offensive set it will be

1) Dirk/Monta
    2) Monta/Dirk
    3) Parsons

I think last year was a transition to Monta taking over full time, but we shall see.

Banned

That's not how basketball works. There will be games where he leads the team in scoring, yes.

But when the offense needs a basket or a runs a crucial offensive set it will be

1) Dirk/Monta
    2) Monta/Dirk
    3) Parsons

I think last year was a transition to Monta taking over full time, but we shall see.
    lol thanks for the lesson. There will be some games where Dirk or Monta struggle. If you know anything about Dallas it's that Rick and Dirk have no issue with a first or second option by committee.

Why bring this whole thing up in the first place? This thread has nothing to do with Ariza

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Why bring this whole thing up in the first place? This thread has nothing to do with Ariza
    My point exactly. Let's not derail this thread by talking about how much better Parsons is than Ariza or how royally fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ked the Rockets are this year.

Parsons is one of my new favorite SFs...I hope he really takes the reigns in Dallas.

My point exactly. Let's not derail this thread by talking about how much better Parsons is than Ariza or how royally fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ked the Rockets are this year.
    Lol the gap isn't even that huge. Parsons is the better player, but there are some categories Ariza is better at. He's easily the better defender and rebounder. Parsons is better at playmaking and scoring. Last season, Ariza had a career year. I don't think he'll play as good this season but I can honestly still see him putting up something like 13/6/2 + good defense. He's not even a big downgrade. You're acting like Houston just replaced Chandler Parsons with Solomon Hill or some shit.

He changed since he got fat... lol

But yeah, I support Parsons. I think he made the right move if Houston wasn't giving him love cuz he's obviously a great player. Any team that says "gg we're gonna build around Dwight and Harden, not you..." is ****ing up.

-Smak

Scary team right here.

I watched them play the Cavs and although it's just a preseason game, the chemistry and crispness of this team looks really good in its early stages with parsons.

There's going to be some epic playoffs battles and match ups this year.

Crossing fingers for good health to all teams

High School Starter

you orientel rin fans are nuts .

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    bigger question is why is the OP in green. He's a trash poster.
    negs are disabled... basically jeff is a tool.