Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Finals HCA should go to whichever conference wins All star game

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    HCA should go to the team that has the best record. Not to the team whose conference performed better in a meaningless "celebrity dunk contest."

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    I wouldnt mind this. It would make the all-star game more competitive but less fun.
    what is less fun about that?

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    I wouldnt mind this. It would make the all-star game more competitive but less fun.
    what? how would it be less fun? the current all star game is complete garbage. if it actually meant something it'd be way more fun

on that note, it's a terrible idea

The MLB making an exhibition game have a huge impact on the WORLD SERIES might be one of the worst sports decisions in human history.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    The MLB making an exhibition game have a huge impact on the WORLD SERIES might be one of the worst sports decisions in human history.
    Agreed.

National High School Star

I used to think that is was a good idea. However, yeah, it is really unfair to the two teams that make the finals. That game represents nothing about any part of their year.

I'm more open to the idea of 14 teams making the playoffs (based on West/East conferences) and having the last 2 (#8 seeds) spots be wildcard based out of the remaining 16 teams (NCAA tourney style, 1 game). It adds a good finishing flair to a season.

Additionally, I think that the tournament + some sort of formula or something should determine the draft order for the following year.

For example:
    1. Games won/game played from February 17th (post all star game) to April 15th (factor 1) - 15%+
    2. How they did in the tournament (factor 2) -15%+
    3. Chance (lottery balls) - 70%

Example
    Sixers get the lottery ball for the 1st pick. If they finished 14th out of 16th in the tournament and had the 3rd worse record of non-playoff teams they should get some negative points added. Depending on what happens to the team behind them (maybe they got positive points for doing well) then their #1 draft choice might drop to #2. This leaves enough of an incentive for teams to try and do well in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Completely agree, OP is literally the first and only person I've ever heard of who likes the idea of an exhibition game deciding something so important.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    what? how would it be less fun? the current all star game is complete garbage. if it actually meant something it'd be way more fun

on that note, it's a terrible idea
    I guess I mean less fun for the players. We would prob not see Howard attempting threes or a lot of the riskier-but-spectacular playmaking that the players attempt i.e passes off the backboard to themselves, etc.