Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: BREAKING: Celtics trade Joel Anthony to Pistons for Will Bynum

Pistons front line is unstoppable now. people love to shit on Joel Anthony, but he's at least good for a couple of blocked shots and rebounds off the bench. Low key underrated defensive role player.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Sad to see Bynum go, I know most Pistons fans hate him, but I think there has been plenty of games from the past few seasons where he was the best player on the floor for a quarter or a half. For an undersized low money backup PG you can't ask for much more.

Rumors are Boston could waive him.

Will Bynum was one of the best role players on NBA2k video game. Hell, he's a lot better in that video game than he is in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    The Pistons currently have Brandon Jennings and D.J. Augustin at the point position. I do not like Jennings' game, but his spot seems to be cemented. And I believe Augustin is very effective. I suppose that left Bynum as the odd man out.

Regarding Detroit acquiring Joel Anthony in return, they lost Aaron Gray to a heart condition late last month and I'm thinking Anthony is meant to fill that void.
    Also, there might be a bigger trade in the works where one of the Pistons bigs gets dealt, and Joel Anthony is needed to fill their role.

As a Pistons fan, I like this trade. Will was just gonna sit on the bench the entire season. Trading him opens up the door for DinWiddie to take that 3rd PG spot.

Danny and Brad collecting every guard ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Bynum changes nothing regarding Rondo. I'm not saying Rondo won't be dealt but the addition of a second-string pg has no affect on the tradability of an All-Star. Bynum might not even be a rotation player in Boston, Cs already have Smart, Bradley, Pressey and possibly Turner to play pg not to mention Rondo. Ainge most likely did this deal because he rated Bynum as a bigger asset than Anthony, who doesn't even play. But neither was much of an asset.
    Rumors are that the C's are gonna waive bynum.