Default James Harden and Demarcus Cousins...

...on the same team would be dominant. They would be like Shaq and Kobe, except they are not selfish jackasses like those two. I think they could coexist and thrive.

Cousins is the best big in the league by about 15 country miles.

Harden is the best pure scorer in the league. People say he doesn't play defense, but what do you expect? He's carrying a team full of jabronis on the offensive end. If he had help on offense, he could be an average defender.

They could win titles together. Not one, not two, not three, not four., not five, not six, not seven....

Thoughts?

Default Re: James Harden and Demarcus Cousins...

youd have to be retarded to think thatd work
    2 top 25 players doesnt make a team elite, especially when both are mentally weak, dumb, coach killers, bad locker room presence and bad teammates in general. Har_ens ballstopping would piss of Cousins by week 2 and one of em would get traded

they would set the record for most turnovers from a duo tho, EASILY

You missed the white text in a lot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    ...on the same team would be dominant. They would be like Shaq and Kobe, except they are not selfish jackasses like those two. I think they could coexist and thrive.

Cousins is the best big in the league by about 15 country miles.

Harden is the best pure scorer in the league. People say he doesn't play defense, but what do you expect? He's carrying a team full of jabronis on the offensive end. If he had help on offense, he could be an average defender.

They could win titles together. Not one, not two, not three, not four., not five, not six, not seven....

Thoughts?
    cousins is an alpha son, he wouldn't eat harden's shit.

Back to Business

at LEAST 4 rings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

that would make for a good comedy shit show

Decent playground baller

Talent wise this works, but is the worst idea as far as personalities go. If you look at the Kings roster as a whole, they have a lot of individual talent but can't mesh because of terrible immaturity. Likewise, Harden and Howard struggled due to ego and immaturity. Harden + Cousins does not solve that problem.

it could work but those two need a rick carlisle level coach to make it work. Two of the most ball dominant guys in the league whose play styles aren't portable at all.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Thoughts?
    Please explain how Harden is a better scorer than Curry and Durant. The way I see it both of them have much higher efficiency, are harder to guard, less reliant on free throws, and have peak volume stats that surpass his. I just don't see it.

I think Harden needs a Duncan type of Big Man as his teammate and Gregg Popovich as his Coach. Harden is like a better version of Manu Ginobili.

Cousins and Durant would be a solid front court, and duo by the way. Depends on the Foot injury of Durant.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    Please explain how Harden is a better scorer than Curry and Durant. The way I see it both of them have much higher efficiency, are harder to guard, less reliant on free throws, and have peak volume stats that surpass his. I just don't see it.

if you think they are harder to guard than james harden you need to stop watching games. Harden is guaranteed at LEAST 10 FREETHROWS A NIGHT.

HOW DO YOU GUARD A GUY WHO CAN GET TO THE LINE AT WILL????NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO HE ALWASY FINDS A WAY TO GET POINTS.

THATS UNGUARDABLE

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    youd have to be retarded to think thatd work
    2 top 25 players doesnt make a team elite, especially when both are mentally weak, dumb, coach killers, bad locker room presence and bad teammates in general. Har_ens ballstopping would piss of Cousins by week 2 and one of em would get traded

they would set the record for most turnovers from a duo tho, EASILY
    Two negatives make a positive?!

Just like Shaq & Kobe, only neither can play defense and both possess the leadership skills of a 10 yr old.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    if you think they are harder to guard than james harden you need to stop watching games. Harden is guaranteed at LEAST 10 FREETHROWS A NIGHT.

HOW DO YOU GUARD A GUY WHO CAN GET TO THE LINE AT WILL????NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO HE ALWASY FINDS A WAY TO GET POINTS.

THATS UNGUARDABLE
    Why does he score less points in more minutes with much higher usage playing on a worse team against less polarised defences? (The last is probably not true for Durant. )

Plus we saw what can happen when teams make it a point not to foul him in game 1 this playoffs.