Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Guess 82games.com will have to do. Just wonder why teams can keep track of those stats (to give to announcers) and nothing online has been published for the public. Lots of stats like this that go deeper than what we normally get I would like to see.
I don't understand why nba.com isn't more comprehensive. They could easily compile lists like the one we're after, but they don't. If someone were so inclined, they could start their own website and compile comprehensive statistics using boxscores. It would take some time, but it might be a worthwhile venture.

I guess that is what 82games does, but the site isn't updated enough for my liking.

If a few of us got together, we could do it in very little time... maybe make it part of the ISH website? We would only need a few people... say... a person per division?

We should be constructive/ambitious enough to not have to rely on others for these kinds of statistics.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-02-2007 at 06:34 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #17
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I don't understand why nba.com isn't more comprehensive. They could easily compile lists like the one we're after, but they don't. If someone were so inclined, they could start their own website and compile comprehensive statistics using boxscores. It would take some time, but it might be a worthwhile venture.

I guess that is what 82games does, but the site isn't updated enough for my liking.

If a few of us got together, we could do it in very little time... maybe make it part of the ISH website? We would only need a few people... say... a person per division?

Yeah that would work...finding people mght be tough.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #18
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

4th quarter jerry sounds the best to me.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #19
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

James attempting to nickname himself falls directly in line with his arrogant, self-absorbed personality.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #20
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
It was only one game, and even with that being said, Hughes still played a good floor game and solid defense on Gordon.

...btw, why do you keep bringing up Larry's shooting percentage, you should know that the "elite" wingman don't average 50% shooting.

...which is ironic, because you based the statement that Lebron and Hughes are set to be the best duo in the league on one game. I made it clear in the original thread that not much can be determined based on one game, but you were persistent in the view that one game proved that Hughes was set to emerge. The best way to disprove that was to point out his play in his very next game using your logic.

Incidentally, I don't "keep bringing up Larry Hughes' shooting percentage." In fact, I believe I've only mentioned it once or twice, and that was in reading his line from a game... I didn't even mention his shooting percentage in the post you quoted. I'm certainly not overly concerned with it, but the fact that you brought it up out of no where leads me to believe that you are. Before you mentioned this, I didn't even know Hughes' shooting percentage on the year... Now I do. Thanks.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #21
AnaheimLakers24
Banned

AnaheimLakers24 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayAnaheimLakers24 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: He's Put "The King" Aside, Now LeBron Wants To Be Known As "Fourth-Quarter" James

op is gay for a man
AnaheimLakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #22
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: He's Put "The King" Aside, Now LeBron Wants To Be Known As "Fourth-Quarter" James

terrible bump.
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #23
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
terrible bump.

Not really, he is fairly deserving of that nickname this season, although D4QJ.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #24
Im Still Ballin
Just ****en relax aye

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

All hail 4QJ !
Im Still Ballin is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: