Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nets 2016-2017 Discussion Thread

Any pre/during/post-game thoughts can be discussed in this thread. What are your expectations for the nets this year?

   

Default Re: Nets 2016-2017 Discussion Thread

i expect their defense to improve and their motion offense to become more efficient.

i expect both the PnR and brook working out of the post to return to form after the new guys get comfortable in the new offense.

based on the preseason, i don't see why lin can't put up allstar numbers this year, which means he'll probably be voted in by the large chinese fanbase.

i don't know what the record will be, but i want and expect other teams (and writers) to gain respect for how hard these new nets work. but a lot of that has to come from good defense, and that's what i expect to see.

McC should have some manner of breakout season; the question is "how big?"

   

i caught the bucks game starting with the 2nd quarter tonight. this team is already more fun to watch and more promising than last season's squad IMO.

the strong fourth quarters through all three games are a pleasure to behold. the bucks won on a last second bucket tonight, but i think the game would have been the nets without a couple critical mistakes by whitehead in the last couple minutes.

if these early games are used as learning experiences by these young players, then things are looking very good down the line IMO.

Impressive win vs. Detroit, way to hold on without Lin... curious to see how the team plays without him, but I hate that he went down when developing chemistry is so crucial... may see some Kilpatrick at the point.

   

i guess it's going to be whitehead / skil next game unless something very unexpected happens. :S

edit: seems like foye is just about to come back from injury, so that should help.

PG is actually not that critical of a position in the offense, except we do need some people who can take the ball to the bucket, and lin was probably the best at that.
    Last edited by gigantes; 11-04-2016 at 03:55 AM.

   

whitehead seeming to settle in, and the nets win again.

this 3-4 start is truly an astonishing accomplishment considering the complete rebuild and the modest amount of talent we have. not to mention having our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string PG's out the past couple games. also, having brook take on this crazy new role as a 3pt shooter -- and succeeding.

it's dangerous to dream too much, but there's no reason to think the team won't keep getting better. of course the enemy scouting should improve, but still.

sorry, boston.

This team has been a joy to watch so far.

WE COMING FOR OUR PICK BOSTON.

   

unbelievable. whitegead now out with a concussion. foye just barely getting in to the swing of things. vasquez has been released and yogi bear has been called up from the D-league.

nets' PG position now being held together with glue and masking tape. fortunately skil has been helpful.

and now the knicks tonight on the 2nd night of a back to back. will lopez be allowed to play?
    Last edited by gigantes; 11-10-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Crazy the nets had no pg but a d league call up last night. Yogi impressed me this summer. Hopefully he can do that in the NBA too. Unfortunate to hear about Vasquez. I thought Vasquez could have a comeback season. He looked off when healthy so maybe it's best for the Nets. Lin should be back soon though hopefully.

We blew out the Suns, cant remember the last time we actually won in a rout, at least nothing like that in last season. Good job guys.

I went to the game tonight but we got destroyed. Feelsbad. At least I got free chick-fila cause Yogi missed 2 fts.

   

oh you're in LA now, MT?

well... hopefully with brook playing this next game, the nets have a shot. it would be pretty amazing to somehow hit .500 in the next few games.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    oh you're in LA now, MT?

well... hopefully with brook playing this next game, the nets have a shot. it would be pretty amazing to somehow hit .500 in the next few games.
    These games are just getting tougher without a real PG. Without Lin we pretty much just have to hope our 3's go down.

And no, I live in So Cal, about an hour from LA. This was my first time watching the Nets in another arena lol.

You still in Ohio Gigs?

   

still in ohio for now.

but...proud of CLE for winning four (almost five) championships this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    still in ohio for now.

but...proud of CLE for winning four (almost five) championships this year.
    I usually don't root for LeBron but I'm happy for the city of Cleveland. Though blowing a 3-1 lead in the World Series is pretty brutal. I see it as Karma for making fun of the Warriors.