Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    This makes no sense to me, the Knicks are shitting on their future right now. It'd be different if they were doing a traditional rebuild through the draft..but they're not. That's a component of it, but they're really banking on free agency and trades, trying to land a big name player. And losing like this, looking like a complete disgrace of a franchise, that's not helping whatsoever. What free agent is gonna look at this mess, with a rookie coach who can't seem to get a hold of his guys, a declining franchise player eating up a massive chunk of the cap, a team that is literally just one game ahead of the worst team in basketball...and actively choose to go there over other destinations?
    They dont really have the cap space for free agents and trades. I mean Amare, JR smith, Bargs, all on the books. I think its a tank job but nobody wants to admit it. Saw that Tyson Chandler trade? No ****s to be given.

No way anyone reasonable thought that a worst team than last year would contend. Plus a brand new Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    How so? His credentials:

* All-Star appearances
    * Led the league in scoring once

= HOF? Must not be that exclusive then...
    He'll finish his career with double digit all star appearances and I'm pretty sure every player to win a scoring title is in the HOF. I could be wrong about that, but regardless, Melo will most certainly make it.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    They dont really have the cap space for free agents and trades. I mean Amare, JR smith, Bargs, all on the books. I think its a tank job but nobody wants to admit it. Saw that Tyson Chandler trade? No ****s to be given.

No way anyone reasonable thought that a worst team than last year would contend. Plus a brand new Coach?
    Amare is off the books after this season, right? They could do a lot with that space. I hope they do. It's sad seeing the Knicks so bad all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I know it's a team game, but there's no reason a team with Carmelo Anthony should only be one win better than this years Sixers. You're no where near worth max contract money if you lead your team to one of the worst records in the NBA.
    Well, his supporting cast is worse than what the Sixers have.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Did you actually watch the game? He was basically a non factor the whole time until the game was out of reach and padded like 6 quick points with 3 minutes left
    100% true, it was like watching Lebron in 2014 finals all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    How so? His credentials:

* All-Star appearances
    * Led the league in scoring once

= HOF? Must not be that exclusive then...
    It's not exclusive. Just like the 20,000 points scored club. They'll let anybody do it. When Carmelo retires with way more than 25,000 points and prob ends up a top 10 scorer ever? Yeah doesn't belong on a list where every single player in the top 50 is a hall of famer?

You are a fool to think he doesn't belong (assuming he plays at a high level for several more years) just for playing while hurt with guys like

Larkin/prigioni
    Hard away jr

Quincy acy the starter?
    Dalembert or Amare

No reason to think missing your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th best players for much, most or all or the season would hurt other stars

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Amare is off the books after this season, right? They could do a lot with that space. I hope they do. It's sad seeing the Knicks so bad all the time.
    Amare + Bargnani

Yeah...lets blame one player, not the TEAM -- or to player zealots, the pathetic supporting cast he is surrounded by.

Serious playground baller

The funny thing is Carmelo is injured but he keeps on playing because the All Star game is in New York, so instead of shutting down he is gunning for his All Star berth.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    This makes no sense to me, the Knicks are shitting on their future right now. It'd be different if they were doing a traditional rebuild through the draft..but they're not. That's a component of it, but they're really banking on free agency and trades, trying to land a big name player. And losing like this, looking like a complete disgrace of a franchise, that's not helping whatsoever. What free agent is gonna look at this mess, with a rookie coach who can't seem to get a hold of his guys, a declining franchise player eating up a massive chunk of the cap, a team that is literally just one game ahead of the worst team in basketball...and actively choose to go there over other destinations?
    Most the players on this team are expiring players, they don't have any chemistry and their coach looks lost. But I am hoping Fisher is just coaching badly on purpose for fishtank purposes. I am sure that Melo, one of Okafor/Mudi/Towns and a Crapload of capspace will be mean a lot to free agents. Dragic already said he was interested.

Banned

it s been said countless times already, melo never cared about winning, only about money.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    it s been said countless times already, melo never cared about winning, only about money.
    If that were true he could easily be sitting out this season, no one would question it.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Bledsoe plus filler for Melo

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Bledsoe plus filler for Melo
    Melo cant be traded

Dunking on everybody in the park

When its all said and done, melo won't even make my top 100 greatest players of all time