Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Carmelo Anthony...lol!

Dude is basically a statically superior version of Joe Johnson. Honestly, I thought Melo was gonna improve, but the fat piece of shit is basically worse than past-his-prime Wade. Not even a top 20 player in the league.

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony...lol!

Not a good year for Melo

34 pts on 46% shooting

rest of the team shot 44% and couldn't guard anybody and they got outrebounded

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    34 pts on 46% shooting

You do know that he has played more than one game, right?

Couldn't agree more. I wanted to like him, but he is a pathetic leader and held the Knicks up by wanting super max. Wished Phil would have laughed in his face and told him to go to Chicago but it turns out that Phil is a beta.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

34 pts on 46% shooting

Did you actually watch the game? He was basically a non factor the whole time until the game was out of reach and padded like 6 quick points with 3 minutes left

Thought he was going to improve? Why? At this point in his career, you can just expect him to decline. I honestly love seeing him have such a shitty year. Out of all the teams that were trying to sign him, teams that could win now with Carmelo Anthony, he chose the Knicks because...money? Location? Phil Jackson? His wife? He deserves this kind of season for his idiotic mistake. Please do not give me the, "Well, he made more money staying in NY, so he's not stupid." He would have gotten fat checks anywhere he went, and at this point in his career, he's well off financially as is.

Next year, trade him to the Hawks.
    We can send picks and small contracts in return.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Did you actually watch the game? He was basically a non factor the whole time until the game was out of reach and padded like 6 quick points with 3 minutes left
    I watched most of the game and he was their only consistent scorer , rest of the starters were garbage.

he was a non-factor because they couldn't play defense, so his points were "empty" as you would put it.

He had a good game scoring, he should have had like 40 but a couple shots went in and rimmed out as well.

Knicks defense is flat out horrible though, ZERO rim protection. That's not on Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    This doesn't matter to a big chunk of NBA fans. It's all about that stat sheet to them.

Knicks defense is flat out horrible though, ZERO rim protection. That's not on Melo.
    As the leader of the team, it is on Melo. If his guys aren't going to war with him, that falls on the leader of the team, as well as the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Couldn't agree more. I wanted to like him, but he is a pathetic leader and held the Knicks up by wanting super max. Wished Phil would have laughed in his face and told him to go to Chicago but it turns out that Phil is a beta.
    Read my posts about the guy from last season. He was a amazing last season and I thought he was gonna be a top 5 player this season. Again.

Dude basically fleeced the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    This doesn't matter to a big chunk of NBA fans. It's all about that stat sheet to them.
    Yeah well I watched the game, you could see me commenting on the game in the thread breh...

He kept them from being completely blown out but they couldn't keep up with the Wiz due to all the easy/wide open shots they gave up on the other end. Melo individually had a decent showing, but he can't play for the entire team.

Wall absolutely destroyed them, Amare was worse than garbage, Aldrich has to be the slowest player in the league.

He just doesn't possess the drive that truly great players have. He's had a nice career, won a scoring title, made millions of dollars, and will be in the HOF one day. I think he's content with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    As the leader of the team, it is on Melo. If his guys aren't going to war with him, that falls on the leader of the team, as well as the coaches.
    What? Melo is not a rim protector, he's a Small Forward. That's not his role on defense. He was on Pierce and Butler, who combined for 14 pts on 5/12 shooting.

Knicks played competitive basketball and scored as much as the Wiz in the final 3 quarters, but it wasn't enough to make up for the horrible 1st quarter they had.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 12-25-2014 at 04:42 PM.