Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Derrick Rose's Anemic Stats Against FIBA Competition

Since this forum is flooded with idiots that claim Derrick Rose would "dominate Euroleague", "win 10 MVPs and championships in Euroleague", "average 50/20/10 in Euroleague", "average 80/30/20 in Euroleague", etc.

It's about time to put this insane and ludicrous myth to rest here. The fact is that Derrick Rose would absolutely suck in the Euroleague. He cannot properly run an offense. He cannot properly run the pick and roll. He cannot shoot from Euroleague 3 point distance. He is a total ball hog. He is a chucker. Without the ball in his hands, he is absolutely useless on offense. He is an incredibly huge turnover machine.

He relies on NBA rules (no true zone defense allowed, no hand checking allowed, defensive 3 seconds rule, and NBA refs that give "superstar treatment") to inflate and exaggerate his basketball ability.

He plays in a league (NBA) where the point guards are small and where there is almost no physical contact allowed, and where he can automatically get free throws by simply lunging into the paint and throwing himself to the floor.

In the Euroleague, literally every strength of his NBA game would be taken away and literally every weakness of his NBA game would be accentuated.

Also, in the Euroleague, they don't just give out assists for any pass to a score. You have to actually earn the assist. So people that think he could average as many assists in Euroleague as he does in the NBA are totally delusional.

We have already seen Derrick Rose playing under a FIBA system and rules. The result was --->

http://www.turkey2010.fiba.com/pages...9/profile.html

Derrick Rose 2010 FIBA World Championship Stats:

23.1 Minutes Per Game

45.8 Field Goal %
    27.8 3 Point Field Goal %
    50.0 Free Throw %

7.2 Points Per Game
    3.2 Assists Per Game
    2.1 Rebounds Per Game

1.1 Steals Per Game
    0.3 Blocks Per Game
    1.6 Turnovers Per Game

And this was with extremely friendly to Team USA reffing during the entire tournament. Something he would not get if he was playing in the Euroleague.

Simply put, Derrick Rose would flat out suck if he was in the Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-28-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Default Re: Derrick Rose's Anemic Stats Against FIBA Competition

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

You forgot to mention that he is from Chicago and has 40 inch vertical you probably did not get the memo.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Jan95
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Probably when he would get use to game here, he could average something like 20/5/5. You have to know, that in Europe there are way less assists, not because of less passing, but because of different counting of it. Of current American players I can see only Durant and maybe Howard/Wade averaging more than 30ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan95
    Probably when he would get use to game here, he could average something like 20/5/5. You have to know, that in Europe there are way less assists, not because of less passing, but because of different counting of it. Of current American players I can see only Durant and maybe Howard/Wade averaging more than 30ppg.
    WTF? There is no way in hell that he would average 20 a game in Euroleague. And there is not a player on the planet that could average 30 in the Euroleague.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Hmm not sure this is relevant. First he only played 23 minutes a game, only had 1.6 turnovers, had a pretty good FG% and was on a team with Durant (Who dominated) and other NBA stars.

Players who play on these FIBA and Olympic teams always have a drop in their stats because they are sharing the spotlight an playing significantly less minutes than they normally would.

I believe Jordan only averaged 8 points or so on the 92 Dream Team and we all know how that turned out

Jan95
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    WTF? There is no way in hell that he would average 20 a game in Euroleague. And there is not a player on the planet that could average 30 in the Euroleague.
    He could, after a year or two in Euroleague, with a proper attitude and good coach... in the best case 20...

@RRR3
    No way Lebron could average 30. He would be fouled out every night and travels in every play. Melo, maybe... cause is great shooter. Kobe, nah, not at this age...

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Say what? Melo, Kobe, LBJ would all get 30 easily.
    No player on Earth would average 30 in the Euroleague. You have absolutely zero general basketball knowledge if you believe any of those players could average 30 in the Euroleague. Absolutely zero general basketball knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampsonsimpson
    Hmm not sure this is relevant. First he only played 23 minutes a game, only had 1.6 turnovers, had a pretty good FG% and was on a team with Durant (Who dominated) and other NBA stars.

Players who play on these FIBA and Olympic teams always have a drop in their stats because they are sharing the spotlight an playing significantly less minutes than they normally would.

I believe Jordan only averaged 8 points or so on the 92 Dream Team and we all know how that turned out
    Even most of the top players in Euroleague average about 25 minutes per game. He would not be playing that many more minutes in Euroleague, considering that the average starter in Euroleague plays about 20 minutes a game.

His 3 point field goal percentage was 27.8 with a shorter 3 point line than the Euroleague uses. Also, I was referring to his turnover rate in the NBA playoffs, which was awful.

We saw how turnover prone he is when the defense is keyed on him and he is running all the plays in the NBA playoffs. In the Euroelague, that would be even further accentuated because of the true zone defense, allowance of hand checking, less space to operate, and allowance of more physical contact.

Without being able to shoot from long distance, teams would really zone on him and sag off him and pack the paint (no defensive 3 seconds rule). Less passing space, because of a smaller court and true zone allowed (you do not have to be within an arm's length of the defender like under the NBA "zone")..............it would mean a ton of turnovers for him playing in the Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-28-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan95
    He could, after a year or two in Euroleague, with a proper attitude and good coach... in the best case 20...

@RRR3
    No way Lebron could average 30. He would be fouled out every night and travels in every play. Melo, maybe... cause is great shooter. Kobe, nah, not at this age...
    Explain to me how anyone is going to average 30 a game with true FIBA rules and 40 minute games. I am sorry, but no way in hell.

The last guy to average 30 in Euroleague was Galis and that was about 20 years ago, and the pace then was significantly higher than it is now and the defense was significantly worse than it is now. Galis was an out of this world scoring machine (far above what Rose, Melo, Howard, LeBron could ever be scoring wise) and I see absolutely no way that he could average 30 in Euroleague if he was playing today.

I don't see any way that any NBA player would even sniff near 30 a game in Euroleague. 23 a game is about the absolute maximum I see being possible for any NBA player in the Euroleague.

Banned

Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad; 08-28-2011 at 06:28 PM.

he wouldnt suck but i dont think he will be the best player in euroleague
    something like 18/4/5